FANTASTIC HOSTEL IN FORT WILLIAM, with friendly environment and beautiful surroundings. The hostel is located at Banavie, close to the Caledonian Canal with the Lochy Bar and Moorings Hotel just a stones throw away for meals and refreshments after a long day on the hill or touring the Scottish Highlands.
THE HOSTEL has 42 beds in a mix of double, twin, family and dormitory accommodation, providing for the needs of individuals, families, backpackers and small groups. Theres a small self-catering kitchen should you want to cook your own meals, but you can buy our famous 'All-You-Can-Eat-Anytime' Continental Breakfast for just a few pounds. You can eat it any time, even before you go to bed. Being a little out of town we hope to offer a better nights sleep before your energetic day on the hills than perhaps you might receive in a town centre establishment.
OUR GUESTS - The hostel is also a popular stop-over for enthusiasts on the 3-peaks challenge, walkers of the Great Glen Way and West Highland Way and caters for visitors to the Mountain Bike challenges nearby, water sports enthusiasts and can even organise a mountain guide to take you up Ben Nevis. Backpackers from around the globe have enjoyed their stay.
BEN NEVIS - To top all this, the area is renowned for having the best views of Ben Nevis, the highest mountain in the UK.
'HOGWARTS EXPRESS' - If you are less energetic, visit Neptunes Staircase or ride the famous Jacobite Steam Train featured in the Harry Potter films, as the 'Hogwarts Express'.
Come and experience this amazing place...! Our testimonials show us to be one of the best hostels near Ben Nevis.
Please note: You can modify or cancel your booking up to 7 days before arrival day, when only the first nights fees shall be charged. If cancelled or modified later, or in case of no-show, the full amount will be charged,
If planning to arrive when Reception is closed between 10:00 hrs and 17:00 hrs or after 22:00 hrs (but BEFORE 23:30 hrs) you MUST PHONE to pre-arrange this with staff. A small fee may apply.
SORRY, NO STAG OR HEN GROUPS
CHECK-IN OPEN 17:00 hrs 22:00 hrs.
UNDER 18s MUST HAVE ADULT SUPERVISION.
WE REGRET CHILDREN UNDER 5 ARE NOT ACCEPTED
This is a non-smoking hostel.
Groups (8+) are very welcome.
HOSTEL TERMS & CONDITIONS SUMMARY
These conditions apply to your contract with us, the accommodation provider, and shall be relied upon in the event of any contest.
Fully paid beds are fully secure.
Please give as much notice as possible if you need to change or cancel your booking. Please see 'Amendment & Cancellation' below.
Here are a few things to help your stay with us begin smoothly:
1. GROUPS of 8 or more guests must pay in full 42 days in advance of stay. Whenever possible, outstanding balance payments shall be processed automatically from the card used to pay the deposit;
2. ARRIVAL is between 17:00 hrs and 22:00 hrs;
3. EARLY & LATE ARRIVAL - you MUST call us to pre-arrange. A small fee is payable, per person. Arrivals after 23:30 hrs will be refused entry and any payment forfeit. Late TRAIN Arrivals - guests should retain their train tickets for a refund of the Late Arrival charge;
4. SECURITY - hostel access is by door-code issued on arrival and a bedroom key is provided. Lockers can be rented for laptops, valuables, etc;
5. DEPARTURE is from 08:00 hrs to 10:00 hrs. You can leave early, but please arrange with hostel staff when you arrive;
6. BREAKFAST* is available at a small charge, and should be purchased in advance of arrival if possible. It is self-serve and can be consumed at any time;
7. PAYMENTS: Cheque payments are not accepted. Payments by the following cards:Visa Debit / Delta, Visa Credit, Maestro/Switch, MasterCard. A Card Handling Fee of 60p will apply to all DEBIT Card transactions; 2% (min GBP1.00) to all other Card transactions. The full booking balance is due 7 days before Arrival. Full payment will be processed prior to arrival whenever possible.
8. AMENDMENT & CANCELLATION: If cancelled or modified up to 7 days before Arrival Day only the first nights fees shall be charged. If cancelled or modified later, the full amount shall be payable. We reserve the right to cancel a booking if card details are invalid or there are insufficient funds available. If a refund is due, an amendment or cancellation must be supported in writing or by email; an amendment charge of GBP15.00 may be applied at our discretion; bookings can only be changed to another date with our prior written agreement (a charge will apply);
9. SMOKING: Guests may smoke outside only. Guests found smoking in any building or outhouse will be required to leave the premises without further recourse or refund of fees;
10. BEHAVIOUR: We are a hostel for walkers, climbers, outdoor enthusiasts and backpackers. We do not accept Hen or Stag parties. We really don't mind you having a few drinks, but if you expect to become heavily intoxicated with alcohol please let us know so we can redirect you elsewhere. For the convenience of sleeping guests we operate a 'NO NOISE' policy between 23:00 hrs and 07:00 hrs. Guests who flout this requirement regretfully may be asked to leave immediately with no refund of fees;
11. GROUP CANCELLATION - In the event it has not been possible to automatically process the balance payment or if a balance payment is not received on the due date the booking will be cancelled, and all monies paid and group concessions will be forfeit. Subsequent re-instatement of a Group Booking will be at prevailing rates. If Group numbers are reduced or a booking is cancelled within the 6 weeks prior to the day of arrival no refund is payable. Groups may be requested to pay a security deposit before their stay;
12. LOST KEYS - a charge of GBP5.00 will be made for any key lost or not returned, and will be charged from the payment card;
*BREAKFAST: An excellent value self-serve (continental style) 'ALL-YOU-CAN-EAT-ANYTIME' Breakfast is available at (Advance-pay) GBP 3.50 per person. Large bowl of cereal with cool fresh milk, fresh fruit juice, hot buttered toast with jam, tea or coffee and seconds for those with a BIG appetite. A little more is charged at the door. Groups - please book in advance. Reply to this email or call 01397 772531
DRIP DRYING ROOM. There is no charge for drying clothes in the Drip Drying Room, however a heat source is not guaranteed. Please tell us in advance if you may require this service. There is also outside space to hang clothes.
WI-FI is available - please ask when you arrive. A small daily charge of GBP 2.00 applies (2014)
This is a Trusted Review. Why?
I stayed one night at Chase the Wild Goose Hostel, mainly because I could not find accommodation at Fort William. It was easy to find from the station and in a quiet cul-de-sac.
As I did not have a car and was reliant on public transport, it probably would not have been a good location long-term unless you were into serious "walking". Very close to Neptune's Staircase if you want to see it. Not many shops etc. nearby. Walked for quite a while before I found a little SPAR shop.
However, it was clean and the member of staff on duty was very helpful.
This is a Trusted Review. Why?
Fantastic hostel - set amidst stunning views and maintaining high standards of comfort and cleanliness. Highly welcoming staff and a generally friendly yet unintrusive atmosphere. Close to Fort William (yet far apart in terms of scenery) and so a great stopping point before venturing further into the highlands. I would definatley reccommend this hostel to anyone wanting to walk, cycle or simply travel through a spectacular part of the world. The hostel is also close to a pub (named the lochy) with colourful locals and a pool table.
Have you stayed here? Write a review
Note: It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travellerspoint is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
Create your own travel plan and bookmark this hotel on your plan. You can even bookmark hotels found on other websites!
Do you have questions about Fort William? You might try asking in our active travel forums and see if anyone else has been there.
Read up on what to see and do in Fort William in the Travellerspoint guide, written by travellers for travellers.