We chose Barra -- the safest and most fashionable neighborhood of Salvador. There, we found a beautiful and well built house from the 50s that still kept its marble and wooden floors, and had a spacious backyard surrounded by flower gardens.
We are located at just two blocks from the Carnival Parade. But at Alpha Hostel you will sleep quietly when coming back from Carnival partying. After all, you will need to rest before going back to Carnival partying the next day!
We chose Barra -- the safest and most fashionable neighborhood of Salvador. There, we found a beautiful and well built house from the 50s that still kept its marble and wooden floors, and had a spacious backyard surrounded by flower gardens. We reformed the house for Alpha Hostel just to give more comfort to our guests while maintaining the elegant atmosphere and generous design of times past.
In addition to two dorms and two private rooms, we provide twelve suites – a flexible mix to satisfy all types of customers, from single guests to groups of all ages and families. Altogether, we have seventeen showers with hot water which comes from a solar heating system and state-of-the-art boiler equipment. By using new technologies and materials and keeping the original blue print of the house, we wanted to ensure that our guests would enjoy staying home, relaxing and mingling in our roomy lounge or our backyard gazebo, using our free internet and WI-FI services or cooking in a fully equipped kitchen.
Such splendid house is extremely well located. Alpha Hostel’s guests will feel at home walking through the friendly neighborhood, or going out to surf in the best beach in town - Praia da Barra - located just two small blocks away from us. Barra is known for its variety of restaurants, bars and places with live music where interesting and joyous people meet. Also, within walking distance from Alpha Hostel guests will find supermarkets, bakery shops, fruit markets and convenience stores of all sorts. Basically, Alpha Hostel is located in the same block of modern and huge Shopping da Barra while being 10 minutes away by bus from Pelourinho (the Historic Centre)
For those who want to discover the fantastic Carnival of Salvador, during Carnival period Barra turns itself into a huge party, with street balls and ‘Trio Electrico’ parades. For New Year’s party, Praia da Barra is the Salvador’s favorite choice for a great firecracker show and a music concert.
House and location would not be sufficient to name the hostel an Alpha. Our staff is the key to provide quality service to our guests. At Alpha Hostel we have made a point of employing associates that are helpful and truly friendly to our guests, which is what has gathered us the highest ratings in international booking sites.
It has been our policy to ensure that we always employ people persons who know their job and are able the give guests the best recommendations on where and how to go, let them know about the best alternatives for tours and sightseeing, help them on any situations that may arise, and ensure that Alpha Hostel’s guests get the most for their money, making their stay with us the best cost-benefit equation for their stay in the cities that we are located – Rio de Janeiro and Salvador.
1. SPECIAL PERIODS - For stays during Special Periods (New Year's and Carnival) we would only accept bookings for the following minimum periods: New Year's - 5 nights; Carnival - 7 nights. Reservations for stays during these Special Periods are NOT made on a per-day basis, but are mandatory packages. Therefore, these minimum periods would apply whether or not a prospective guest is able to book, through the internet or other means, less nights than these minimum stay periods. To secure reservations in respect of these Special Periods, we would require a full advance payment for the package. In the event of total or partial cancelations there will be no refunds of, or deductions applied to, these advance payments.
2. PAYMENT INSTRUCTIONS - Instructions on how to make down payments will be sent by e-mail as soon as we receive a booking request. Local transfers shall be made through direct bank deposit. International transfers shall be made through WESTERN UNION. Expenses with deposits and transfers shall be borne by sender alone and are not refundable or deductible from de total amount to be transferred to secure bookings.
It is very easy to get to Alpha Hostel-Salvador coming either from the International Airport or either from the Interstate Bus Station by bus or by cab. We are located in Barra. See directions below.
-From the International Airport:
(a) By Bus – take the Praça da Sé bus, across the street right outside the airport building for R$4,00 Ask the driver to stop and let you out at Praia da Barra, just after the Barra Vento Restaurant and in front of Barra Canter. Walk down through Rua Marquês de Caravelas and turn right on the third street from the beach. In front of you, you will see our house. Depending on traffic rush time a bus ride would take from 1h to 1.45h to arrive to your bus stop.
(b) By Cab – after 9PM or if you want to make it faster, take a cab right outside the airport building. A cab ride will cost you from R$65.00 to R$85.00 depending on the time and weekday (evening, Sunday and holiday tariffs are 30% higher), give the driver our address and in about 30 - 60 minutes maximum you will get to the hostel.
-From the Interstate Bus Station:
(1) By Bus – go out the station and across the Iguatemi Shopping Centre Bridge and take the Praça da Sé bus. Follow the same directions as above.
(2) By Cab – take a cab right out the station arrival area. A ride to Alpha Hostel should normally cost about R$25.00 to R$35.00, depending on the time and weekday (evening, Sunday and holiday tariffs are 30% higher), and give the driver our address
We can make special arrangements for a cab to pick you up at any given arrival time, either at the Airport or the Bus Station which will cost you less than the normal tariff. Please contact us if you need any assistance on this matter.
For stays during Special Periods (New Year's and Carnival) we would only accept bookings for the following minimum periods: New Year's - 5 nights; Carnival - 7 nights. Reservations for stays during these Special Periods are NOT made on a per-day basis, but are mandatory packages.
To secure reservations in respect of these Special Periods, we would require a full advance payment for the package. In the event of total or partial cancelations there will be no refunds of, or deductions applied to, these advance payments.
Please, note that a 72h cancellation policy will apply.
Rua Eduardo Diniz Gonalves 128 - Barra - Salvad
Click here to enlarge map
Have you stayed here? Write a review
* The Customer Satisfaction score is based on a combination of ratings from Travellerspoint and external websites. The score of 73% for this property is based on ratings provided by 40 guests.