The staff of one was extremely helpful. Richard came to get my group when the taxi could not find the hotel (this is a consistent problem).
Istanbul Hotel Akdeniz is located in the most central part of historical Sultanahmet district. The most famous monuments such as Santa Sophia, Blue Mosque, Cistern, Grand Bazaar are within 1 minute walking distance.
Akdeniz Hotel offers 5 Double Rooms and 6 Twin Rooms for his guests, they are tastefully Furnished by Turkish Style and equipped with all comfort.
Each room has cable TV, hardwood parquet floors accented with lovely Turkish ryes, fully tiled private bathroom with Enclosed shower cabin and bathtub, hair dryer, WC, mini bar, direct-dial phone, desk, 24-hours hot and cold water.
All rooms have individually controlled air conditioning. The majority of our rooms are non-smoking so please contact us if you wish to reserve a smoking room.
In order to reach the destination by car from Ataturk Havaalani (Airport) by car, you need to follow these instructions.
1) Head east on Atatürk Havaalani Yolcu Girisi (650 m)
2) At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Atatürk Havalimani Cd (2.8 km)
3) At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto Yesilköy-Bakirköy Sahil Yolu (4.1 km)
4) Slight right at Kennedy Cd (9.2 km)
5) Continue straight to stay on Kennedy Cd (1.7 km)
6) Turn left at Ahirkapi Iskele Sk (55 m)
7) Turn right at Ahirkapi Sk (92 m)
8) Turn right at Sadirvan Sk (42 m)
9) Sadirvan Sk turns left and becomes Ishak Pasa Cd (350 m)
10) Turn left at Kabasakal Cd (130 m)
11) Take the 1st right onto Yerebatan Cd (400 m)
12) Continue onto Prof. Kazim Ismail Gürkan Cd (200 m)
13) Turn left at Bab-i Ali Cd (46 m)
14) Take the 1st right onto Seref Efendi Sk (270 m)
15) Turn left at Vezirhan Cd (180 m)
16) Turn left at Divan Yolu Cd and continue until you reach the destination on your left hand side.
From the Airport:
You can get a taxi for about USD$10 or catch the 'Havas' bus, about USD$ 3, which leaves, every 30 minutes. From outside the arrivals terminal, you need to get off at Aksaray and catch the tram from Laleli tram stop to Sultanahmet tram stop, which is the 4th stop towards Sultanahmet.
From the Bus Station (OTOGAR): Catch the 'Metro' train from the Metro station in the middle of the Otogar to Aksaray. Aksaray is the last stop so you can't miss it. Get off at Aksaray and catch the tram from Laleli tram stop to Sultanahmet tram stop, which is the 4th stop towards Sultanahmet.
From Sirkeci Train Station: Catch the tram from outside the train station to Sultanahmet. There is only one tram line, just make sure you catch the one heading away from the waterfront.
Sultanahmet: Istanbul Akdeniz Hotel is opposite side is Sultanahmet tram station - Haci Tahsin Bey Sokak No: 7
Customers can cancel their reservation free of charge up to 2 Days before arrival. After this date, charges will be applied by the property up to the full cost of the reservation. Deposits paid are non refundable.
Haci Tahsin Bey Sokak 7 Divanyolu Cad
Click here to enlarge map
The staff of one was extremely helpful. Richard came to get my group when the taxi could not find the hotel (this is a consistent problem). Most taxi drivers will try to take you for a ride, so it is valuable to ask the staff how much it should cost from point A to point B before leaving to avoid getting a tourist fare.
Towels are not readily available and rooms are not cleaned daily. Pack light if staying here...the stairs can be a challenge if you have heavy luggage or have an aversion to cardio-fitness. Free Wi-Fi is available if you ask for the password. Contrary to other reviews, air conditioning and television are functional in the rooms provided you can figure out the sequence of turning the devices on. In most cases, the staff can help with this as it may be as simple as a bad battery that has not been replaced.
Perfect location above a hooka bar and restaurant literally a minute from the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia. The rooms are perfect for couples, however, two bed rooms are cramped at best. Bathroom facilities vary from room to room, though all are European style toilets.
All in all, this was a decent place to lay my head after a full day of exploring Istanbul.
Have you stayed here? Write a review
* The Customer Satisfaction score is based on a combination of ratings from Travellerspoint and external websites. The score of 78% for this property is based on ratings provided by 5 guests.