Chongqing Tina's Hostel Chongqing
No.149 Zhong Xing Road, Jiao Chang Kou Jie Fang Bei
Note: It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travellerspoint is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
Unbeatable central and convenient location, helpful English-speaking staff, CHEAP but reliable Yangtze Cruise tickets, quality table pool, FREE internet and WIFI, great outdoor relaxing area, good Western and local food for cheap prices, bargain but comfortable beds and a lot more you would expect from a hostel.
AIRCONDITIONED DORM ROOMS ARE AVAILABLE NOW! You only have to pay RMB10 more to stay in our 2-bed and 6-bed dorm rooms with aircon. As this cannot be shown on hostelworld, please book the bed and send us an email to advise if you wish to stay in a dorm with aircon. Worth cooling down a bit in hot summer in Chongqing! :-)
Tinas is still new as it was only opened in late 2008. Laosong, who owns and runs this hostel, has several years experience of backpacking and serving backpackers. The two hostels he ran in Kangding and Jiuzhaogou before he came to Chongqing were both recommended by Lonely Planet 2007 edition. He came to this city for his girlfriend Tina, who he met and fell in love with in Lijiang. Tina is a Chongqing girl, and always trying to find out great places for fellow travellers in her home town. She lived in the UK for several years, and understands the difference between Western and Chinese cultures. The two are putting all their effort to make this place a home for travellers from around the world.
Three small old buildings have been converted to the hostel, and it can be really fun running around all stairs. This also provides plenty of outdoor areas, and a guaranteed biggest roof garden in downtown Chongqing.
Tina always uses UNIQUE to describe Chongqing, not only because she loves her home town, but also the fact that you cannot find such a city in rest of China.
Welcome to Chongqing! And welcome to Tinas.
Reimbursement of transportation cost from Cai Yuan Ba Train/Coach Station
FREE high speed internet access in all rooms & FREE wifi in common areas
FREE use of 2 brand new Levono computers
FREE table pool/table soccer/Majiang & more
FREE luggage storage
FREE travel information
FREE service for renting vehicles & hiring tour guide
FREE use of hair dryer
Ticket booking service
* ONLY 10 minutes walk to the city centre
* ONLY 10 minutes by bus to Chao Tian Men Dock (for Three-gorges trip, and you will be picked up for boarding if booking with us)
* Major bus stations are within short walking distance
* ONLY 5 minutes walk to the metro station
* ONLY 5 minutes walk to the hottest city bar street
* ONLY 2 minutes walk to a major supermarket and an open market
* A few good hotpot restuarants and some local food shops are around
* Tina's Special half-day walking tours (only at Tina's) - a good way to know about the city and the history
* Yangtze River Cruise trips
- first class: RMB950
- second class: RMB550/500 (bottom/top bed)
- third class: RMB430/380 (bottom/top bed)
(There are aircon, toilet/shower in all rooms)
- one-day hydrofoil: RMB480
* One-day Dazu Stone Carvings trip
* Tibet Tour and permit
* 1.5 hours Night River Cruise tour
Have you stayed here? Write a review
Create your own travel plan and bookmark this hotel on your plan. You can even bookmark hotels found on other websites!
Do you have questions about Chongqing? You might try asking in our active travel forums and see if anyone else has been there.
Read up on what to see and do in Chongqing in the Travellerspoint guide, written by travellers for travellers.