DONG CUO Int'l youth hostel (2stars), the leader private Dyeing-clothes house of Yellow hat Sect.,new opened in 2005. Also it is the first Tibetan style constuctional building ,which is the highest youth hostel in the world and the normal member of YHA .
At the hostel, we feature the following facilities and services:
- Housekeeping department
- 24-hour hot water
- Restaurant & bar
- Travel agency department
-Ka-jie Bicycle club (for renting and best plateau-line)
-Fully self-catering kitchen
The laundry service is free and we can book plane & train tickets for guests at our tour desk where we can also provide guests with travel information and burn CD/DVDs.
We have an International telephone bar(IDD), Internet bar and fax services..
Because Tibet is special place for travellers, TTP and PSB are necessary before you come to Tibet. If you plan to Tibet and want to get TTP and PSB, please contact us and we can arrange everything for you.
We have 4 single rooms, 25 double rooms (two beds in one room), 3 common two/three/four-bed rooms (this kind room can be sailed by bed), Korea bed rooms (this kind of bed means mattress on the floor) and 60 dormitory beds available.
Way to our hostel:
1) By air: Take the CAAC bus to the end. Then take a Tricycle or Rig sho (4-5yuan) or taxi (10yuan) to our hostel.
2) By bus: Take bus No.7 , No.8,No.20,No.23,No.24 to the ChongSai kang bus station, then walking 100M to the east is our hostel.
3) By rail: Take the bus (No.1 or No.14) to lhasa city,you can take off nearby of the Potala Palace, then take a taxi (10.00yuan) to our hostl. Else, about 20.00 yuan/ per person from train station directly to our hostel.
4) By taxi: In Lhasa city anywhere, only charge 10yuan/5km can take you directly to our hostel.
5) From the Potala Palace: In front of the Potala palace, that is Beijing road, walk along to the east ,about 10-minute(1.5km) walk to our hostel.
Customers can cancel their reservation free of charge up to 2 Days before arrival. After this date, charges will be applied by the property up to the full cost of the reservation. Deposits paid are non refundable.
Have you stayed here? Write a review
Note: It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travellerspoint is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
Create your own travel plan and bookmark this hotel on your plan. You can even bookmark hotels found on other websites!
Do you have questions about Lhasa? You might try asking in our active travel forums and see if anyone else has been there.
Read up on what to see and do in Lhasa in the Travellerspoint guide, written by travellers for travellers.