Atupa Orchid Units are on the north side of the island close to our only town Avarua. A charming motel, family run, for people looking for peace and tranquility. Central location, 5 min. to Town, to beach and market and 15 min. to airport, but still in a quiet area.
Atupa Orchid Units are on the north side of the island close to our only town Avarua. A charming motel, family run, for people looking for peace and tranquility. Central location, 5 min. to Town, to beach and market and 15 min. to airport, but still in a quiet area. Garden setting, surrounded by orchids, tropical plants and trees.
Self contained, screened, cery clean, modern, spacious and tastefully furnished. Bedrooms are separate from kitchen, dining and living area, The toilet and bath with plenty of hot and cold water, laundry facilities.
Some bungalows with TV, but all have stand fans and radio.
Free luggage storage, Flowers on arrival in rooms and in season fruits. Airport transfers are available.
We do transfers for our guests from and to the airport for $10.00 per person per trip. Please contact us directly to advise of your arrival and departure details if you wish to use this service.
Avarua, Rarotonga P.O. Box 64
Click here to enlarge map
Our stay at the Atupa Orchid for my wife, our baby boy and myself was one we would never want to experience again. The following things happened.
- Small electrical fan which could blow and cool air more than 5cm
- 20 year old hand me down rags of towels which were never ever changed. We re used these dirty towels over and over
- There was a door in between our bedroom and the neighbours room
- There was a cleaner who worked there, but not once did we have our room cleaned
- A dirty ear bud was found on the floor in the bedroom that was there before we got there
We had no choice but to find another place to stay especially since our son couldn't sleep in the heat. We didn't stay long there and had to pay a fee of 2 nights fee because we preventing someone from staying in a unit. Umm that would be the case if there were people staying there, and if there were then they must be knocturnal
And because we told Joe Caffery the owner we had to go, he went from a nice easy guy to a total schmuck.
If your considering staying here, then you have been warned. Don't go through the same things we did.
Eugene (Auckland, NZ)
Have you stayed here? Write a review
* The Customer Satisfaction score is based on a combination of ratings from Travellerspoint and external websites. The score of 79% for this property is based on ratings provided by 12 guests.