River Lodge offers the best of both city and country living. A fantastic backpackers ' self catering, clean & homely, high ceilings ' cozy in winter, cool in summer.
River Lodge offers the best of both city and country living. A fantastic backpackers ' self catering, clean & homely, high ceilings ' cozy in winter, cool in summer.
In our large spacious kitchen you can indulge in your favorite pastimes, chilling at the bar, lazing by the fireplace, prepare your favorite meal while watching DSTV, or enjoy our spacious braai facilities. You can relax on the enormous veranda or climb into a quiet hammock on one of our lawns. We boast of having one of the largest in city camp sites in Cape Town, catering for vehicle and tents, safe and secure.
The Backpackers dorms are perfect for Volunteer Accommodation (60 pax), sporting groups, school groups, group stays, business and self drives -- we are regularly used by Volunteering Organizations such as Habitat For Humanity.
We offer a range of accommodation: 2 bed, 4 bed, doubles and family rooms.
Configuration of sleeping facilities can be adapted to specific needs.
Bazz / Backpackers bus route pickups
Our talented, resourceful, friendly staff will ensure that both your nights and days are filled with fun activities. Get them to answer your questions and point you in the right direction. Fancy jumping from a plane?
We exchange foreign currency Euro, British Pound, US Dollars, etc
The Oude Molen Village
Need a reason to get to this happening, alternative village+ Try these for starters!
It oozes Soul in its diverse, eclectic community who live on the old working farm and mill site.
It's Organic with bee-keeping courses, horse riding, organic gardens, farm stall and a wetland bird sanctuary.
It's 'To-Do' list includes some unusual tidbits such as workshops (think belly dancing and art studios), volunteering options and a petting zoo.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE LODGE ACCOMMODATION CONTRACT OF THE RIVERLODGE BACKPACKERS AS AT 30-06-2009
1. These General Terms and Conditions apply for the Lodge Accommodation Contract as well as all other services and supplies rendered to the Guests by Riverlodge Backpackers.
2. Deviating terms, also to the extent included in the General terms and Conditions of the Guest or the Ordering Party, shall not apply unless expressly approved by the Lodge in writing.
* CONCLUSION OF THE CONTRACT
1. Upon the Guest's request for reservation, a lodge accommodation contract is brought about by the Lodge's corresponding confirmation of the reservation (hereinafter referred to as "Contract")
2. Contractual partners are the Lodge and the Guest. If a third party has made the reservation on behalf of the Guest, this party shall be liable vis-à-vis the Lodge jointly and severally with the Guest for all obligations resulting from the Contract if the Lodge is in possession of a corresponding declaration given by the Ordering Party. Independent therefrom, any Ordering Party is obliged to pass on all booking related information to the Guest, in particular the present General Terms and Conditions.
3. Sub- and re-leasing of rooms as well as their usage for purposes other than accommodation require the prior written consent of the Lodge.
4. Bookings can only be done by contractually capable people.
* SERVICES, PRICES, PAYMENT
1. The Lodge is obliged to have the booked rooms available according to the present General terms and to fulfil the services agreed.
2. The Lodge is by virtue of important reasons fully entitled to accommodate the Guest in another lodge with comparable standard and service for the price agreed without recourse.
3. The Guest is obliged to pay the prices applying to or agreed on for the provision of accommodation and additional services he / she has made use of / booked. This also applies to services and expenses of the Lodge vis-à-vis third parties incurred for performances rendered upon the Guest's request.
4. The prices agreed include the applicable statutory Value Added Tax. In case the period between the conclusion and performance of the Contract exceeds four months, and if the prices usually charged by the Lodge for such services have increased in the meantime, the Lodge may increase the contractually agreed price accordingly, but, by no more than 10 per cent maximum.
5. The prices may also be changed by the Lodge if the Guest subsequently wants to change the number of the booked rooms, the service of the Lodge or the duration of the Guests' stay and the Lodge gives its consent thereto.
6. Upon receipt, invoices issued by the Lodge shall become payable immediately without deduction. In the case of default of payment, the Lodge is entitled to charge consumers interests in the amount of 5 per cent above the base rate. For business transactions, the default interest rate is 8 per cent above the base rate. The right for the Lodge to prove a higher damage is reserved. For each reminder sent after default occurs, the Lodge may charge a reminder fee of ZAR5.00.
7. The Lodge is entitled to request, on the conclusion of the Contract or later, a reasonable advance payment or security. The amount of the advance payment and its due date may be agreed in the Contract in writing. Moreover, the Lodge is entitled to call and declare as due claims during the Guest's stay by issuing an interim invoice and requesting immediate payment.
8. For groups of 12 or more, a deposit in the amount of 50 per cent of the total booking price is due after receipt of booking confirmation, unless otherwise arranged beforehand.
9. The total amount (less the deposit), as detailed in an itemised bill, is due upon arrival unless otherwise arranged beforehand.
10. The Guest shall be entitled to a set-off or a reduction as against a claim of the Lodge with only undisputed or unappealable legally binding claims.
* REVOCATION BY THE GUEST (CANCELLATION, FAILURE TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF SERVICES BOOKED)
1. The Lodge grants to the Guest the right to revoke the Contract at any time. In this respect, the following provisions shall apply:
1. Bookings for groups or individuals: cancellations made by the guest respectively on the part of the intermediary person or organization are free of charge up to 90 days before expected arrival. For cancellations made within 90 days prior to arrival the following cancellation fees apply; these fees also apply for bookings made within 90 days of expected arrival:
1. For Cancellations made 89 to 40 days before expected arrival, 30 per cent of the agreed-upon total price will be due.
2. For cancellations made 39 to 10 days before expected arrival, 50 per cent of the agreed-upon total price will be due
3. For cancellations made 9 to 1 day(s) before expected arrival, 100 per cent of the agreed-upon total price will be due.
4. Guests who either cancel on the day of their expected arrival or simply do not show up will be charged the agreed-upon total price in full.
5. Above cancellation conditions also apply if the number of persons is reduced at least 10 per cent within this period of time. A reduction of less than 10 per cent is free of charge 1 day prior to arrival.
2. Booked meals can be cancelled free of charge until 30 days prior to arrival. Thereafter, a cancellation fee of 100 per cent of the agreed-upon total price applies.
2. The Guest is free to prove that the Lodge did not suffer any damage, or that the damage incurred to the Lodge amounts to less than the lump-sum revocation compensation claimed.
3. The above provisions on the compensation shall apply if no other regulations have been declared in the Contract.
4. If a customer wishes to cancel a contract he or she entered into with Riverlodge Backpackers, he or she must submit such cancellation in writing. The cancellation is not, however, valid without the written affirmation of Riverlodge Backpackers. Failing that, the original price stipulated in the contract must be paid in full even if the guest(s) fail(s) to take advantage of the services stipulated in the contract.
* REVOCATION BY THE LODGE
1. In case an advance payment or security agreed in clause III para. 6 is not performed within a period prescribed for this purpose, the Lodge is also entitled to revoke the Contract.
2. Moreover, the Lodge shall be entitled to extraordinary revocation of the Contract for good cause, in particular, if
1. Force majeure or other circumstances which do not fall under the scope of the responsibility of the Lodge make it impossible to perform the Contract;
2. Misleading or incorrect statements of material facts have been used in booking rooms, for example, with respect to the person of the Guest, or the purpose
3. The Lodge has justified reason to assume that in case the Guest makes use of the Lodge's services the smooth business operations, safety, or reputation of the lodge in the public may be impeded, without such matters being attributable tp the Lodge's power of contol or organization;
4. An unauthorized sub-lease or further lease according to clause II para. 3 exists;
5. A case of clause VI para 3 exists;
6. The Lodge has gained knowledge that the financial situation of the Guest has considerably worsened after conclusion of contract, in particular if the Guest does not pay for due claims of the Lodge or does not provide sufficient security and as a result payment claims of the Lodge appear to be endangered;
7. Insolvency proceedings are opened on the assets of the Guest or the opening of the same is rejected for lack of assets or any other reasons.
3. The Lodge is obliged to inform the Guest of the exercising of the revocation right in writing without delay.
4. In the above cases of revocation the Guest is not entitled to compensation for damage.
* ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE
1. The Guest is not entitled to the provision of certain specific rooms unless the Lodge has confirmed the provision of certain rooms in writing. For groups of 10 or more, the Lodge retains the right to determine the type of accommodation provided (i.e. to determine the allocation of singles, doubles and multibed rooms). The Lodge will, however, take the guest requests into consideration and do its best to grant them when possible. The exact apportionment of rooms will be provided in the booking confirmation.
2. Booked rooms shall be at the Guest's disposal from 3.00 pm on the agreed date of arrival. The Guest shall not be entitled to an earlier provision.
3. Booked rooms shall be taken by the Guest on the agreed date of arrival by 6.00 pm at the latest. Unless a later time of arrival has been guaranteed by credit card or prepayment, the Lodge has the right to place the booked rooms with other guests after 6.00 pm, without the contractual party being able to claim any compensation as a result thereof. In so far, the Lodge is entitled to revocation.
4. On the agreed date of departure, the rooms shall be vacated and at the Lodge's free disposal by 10.00 am at the latest. Thereafter, the Lodge may charge, beyond the damage incurred to it thereby, 70 per cent of the daily room rate for the additional use of the room until 6.00 pm, and from 6.00 pm 100 per cent of the full applicable price for lodging. The Guest is free to prove vis-à-vis the Lodge that no damage or a considerable lower damage has been incurred to the Lodge.
5. For groups of 10 or more, the lodge must be provided with a list of the full names and dates of birth of all group members no later than upon arrival.
6. If the actual number of guests exceeds the number booked and expected, accommodation is not guaranteed for these additional group members.
* OTHER REGULATIONS AND TERMS
1. Adherence to the most up-to-date version of the House Rules is stipulated in this contract, These can be requested at the lodge reception. Groups of 10 or more must read and sign a copy of these House Rules at the latest upon arrival.
2. People under the age of 18 are not allowed to sleep in dormitories. In all other room categories they have to be accompanied by a full aged person or show a letter of agreement of a legal guardian.
3. When both accommodation and breakfast have been booked, breakfast will be served on the morning following each overnight stay. When room and half- or full-board have been booked, the first meal served will be dinner on the day of arrival, unless otherwise arranged beforehand. When half-board has been booked, the last meal will be breakfast on the day of departure; when full-board has been booked, the last meal will be lunch (in-house or packed) on the day of departure. When either half- or full-board have been booked, meal times will be discussed and determined upon arrival at the latest.
* LIABILITY OF THE HOTEL, LIMITATION
1. The guest is liable for all inventory losses and damages caused by misuse, carelessness or negligence. Should the guilty individual not come forward or be discovered, the group as a whole will be held liable. Upon arrival of a group, the lodge retains the right to collect a security deposit in the amount of ZAR50.00 per person, though not exceeding a total of ZAR2500.00 for the group. Upon departure, this deposit will be reimbursed in full so long as no damage to the hotel property has been caused by the group.
2. If any interference with the performance of any obligation or if defects in the service of the Lodge occur, the Lodge will, on immediate complaint of the guest, endeavor to remedy the same. If the Guest fails culpably to notify a defect to the Lodge, this shall not result in a right to reduce the contractually agreed remuneration.
3. The Lodge is not liable for any damage arising from the injury to life and limb.
4. If the Guest is - even against payment - provided with a parking space in the car-park of the Lodge, this shall not constitute to the conclusion of a contract of bailment deposit. The Lodge shall not have any surveillance obligations for the vehicles. If vehicles or the contents of the vehicles parked or otherwise situated on the Lodge premises are lost or damaged, the Lodge shall be not be liable unless the Lodge, its legal representatives or it's vicarious agents have caused such damage by willful intent or gross negligence. In this case, the damage must be claimed vis-à-vis the Lodge on departure from the Lodge at the latest.
5. Wake-up services shall be performed by the Lodge with the greatest care. Claims for damages shall be excluded except in cases of gross negligence or willful intent.
6. The Lodge treats with care massages, mail and consignment of goods for the Guests. The Lodge shall ensure delivery, storage and. Upon request and against payment forwarding of the same as well as of found items upon inquiry. Claims for damages are excluded, except in cases of gross negligence or willful intent. The Lodge is entitled to hand over the aforementioned objects to the local lost property office after a storage period of one month at the latest and charging a reasonable fee.
7. The Guest's claims for damages shall fall under the statute of limitations two years at the latest from the time the Guest obtains knowledge of the damage, or, irrespective of this knowledge, three years at the latest after the damaging event. This shall not apply to the liability for damages arising from the injury to life or limb as well as for any other damage based on a breach of duty thorough willful intent or gross negligence on the part of the Lodge, a legal representative or a vicarious agent of the Lodge.
* FINAL PROVISIONS
* Changes or amendments to the Contract, in the acceptance of the acceptance of the offer or to these General terms and Conditions for the Lodge Accommodation Contract shall be made in writing. Unilateral changes or modification on the part of the customer shall be invalid.
* Place of performance and payment shall be the registered office of the Hotel.
* Exclusive place of jurisdiction in the business transactions - also in the case of bills of exchange - shall be the registered office of the Lodge. However, the Lodge is also entitled to institute complaints and other legal proceedings also at the general place of jurisdiction of the Guest.
* For bookings in South Africa, South African law applies. The Uniform law on the International Sale of Goods and the Conflicts of Law do not apply and may not be applied.
* Should individual provisions of these General Terms and Conditions for the Hotel Accommodation Contract be or become invalid or void, the validity of the remaining provisions shall not be affected thereby. Moreover the statutory provisions shall apply.
Oude Molen Estate Alexander Road, Pinelands
Click here to enlarge map
Have you stayed here? Write a review
* The Customer Satisfaction score is based on a combination of ratings from Travellerspoint and external websites. The score of 84% for this property is based on ratings provided by 10 guests.