Overall, Green Garden is a good place to stay if you want to avoid busy touristy areas. It is a clean, quiet, well-maintained property and the staff is friendly and courteous. I had a pleasant stay here for three days and enjoyed the tour services that they had to offer.
Green Garden B&B housed in a uniquely designed Bali style house, centrally located just 5 minutes from the heart of Yogyakarta.
Operated by a Dutch couple this Balinese style Guest House provides an outstanding service and assistance to all its travellers and is a perfect resting place for travellers of all types with 8 different room types each designed with comfort in mind.
It offers outstanding attention to detail. Each morning it offers a complimentary early morning wake-up coffee or tea at your door, a breakfast which can be served in both the lobby or outside in the lush garden, with a choice of a free self service hostel style breakfast or a extended international breakfast for a economical fee, a laundry service available.
All this allows guests to sit back, relax and enjoy their stay in tranquil surroundings.
Walking distance (500 meters) from 24 hours convenience store, supermarket, various restaurants, Warungs, Tokos etc. 5 minutes (average price ride 15.000 (1 euro) to centre) by taxi to centre.
We have a total of 8 rooms on offer and All 7 are different. We have:
- 1 deluxe double room with a king-sized bed and ensuite bathroom
- 2 deluxe rooms
- 1 private double
- 2 comfortable single rooms
- 1 smaller private single room
- 1 dormitory for 4 people
All the deluxe rooms are fitted with0 air conditioning units and have their own TV, DVD player, radio, CD player and computer.
The private double and single rooms are equipped with a TV, DVD player, radio and video player and are cooled by fans and cross ventilation. The smaller private single is equipped with a TV.
Early morning wake-up coffee or tea is provided at your door and breakfast is served daily in the lobby or outside in the lush garden.
Other facilities include a laundry service, a meet and greet service from both the railway and airport and dinner or lunch on request.
From Airport by bus:
- By the city bus system Trans Jogja for 3000 Rp per ticket (Euro 0.20);
- Buses leave from the terminal;
- Take either Trayek 3A or 3B;
- Both buses will circle the ring road and enter the central area of the city from the north;
- Get out of the bus at the next crossing after the famous Tugu (Needle of Yogyakarta), which is Jalan Magalang;
- From here wave down a Bis Kota (minibus) direction Godean, get out at the
Mirota Godean Supermarket;
- Walk 400 meters down the side street next to Mirota Godean Supermarket;
- Take the 2nd Perumahan (residential) left: Green Garden; then the 2nd street to the right and at the end is the Bali house with Green Garden B&B.
From airport by taxi:
- After arrival walk up to the taxi booth in the terminal building, here you state your destination, pay the relevant fare, you receive a ticket and taxi number and by the time you walk to the curb the taxi is there;
- International arrivals, after immigrations and customs, the taxi booth is
Inside the customs area - so don’t leave the hall before buying the taxi ticket;
- Domestic arrivals, once you leave the baggage claim area go to the right,
Just next to the ATM is the taxi kiosk.
- The rates are fixed: Rp. 60,000.
Customers can cancel their reservation free of charge up to 2 Days before arrival. After this date, charges will be applied by the property up to the full cost of the reservation. Deposits paid are non refundable.
Green Garden P46 Ngestiharjo Bantul
Click here to enlarge map
This is a Trusted Review. Why?
Overall, Green Garden is a good place to stay if you want to avoid busy touristy areas. It is a clean, quiet, well-maintained property and the staff is friendly and courteous. I had a pleasant stay here for three days and enjoyed the tour services that they had to offer. The internet connection is good, from the room as well as from the main lobby/computer area. The host offers taxi shuttle service to and from the airport, so it would be worthwhile booking in advance.
Several things to watch out for: this location is a bit removed from the main tourist attraction, Malioboro Street as well as from other Jogja attractions. But there are plenty of taxis and motorbikes for hire to take you places. Also, there is only one bathroom which must be shared amongst several guests. If you're there during peak season, then you may be waiting for a while until your turn comes up. Laundry is only free for the first time you use this service. For other times, you will incur a cost. Tours of the temples as well as Merapi can be a bit pricey, and if you're on a tight budget, then it would pay off to look around for better deals.
Enjoy your travels!
Have you stayed here? Write a review
* The Customer Satisfaction score is based on a combination of ratings from Travellerspoint and external websites. The score of 81% for this property is based on ratings provided by 31 guests.