Chongqing Shangyue Ming-Qing Hostel is located in No. 23 Xiahongxue Avenue , just beside the Chongqing HuGuang Guild Hall, the National AAAA tourist spot.
Chongqing Shangyue Ming-Qing Hostel is located in No. 23 Xiahongxue Avenue , just beside the Chongqing HuGuang Guild Hall, the National AAAA tourist spot. It is a very traditional square building with two floors and two yards, and with a long history of 300 years, dating back to the end of Ming Dynasty and beginning of Qing Dynasty.
It is called one of the Three New Tourist Spots of Chongqing Yuzhong District with the other two, Xiejia Courtyard and Former Residence of Huziang. Ming-Qing Hostel is based on Ming-Qing style and relied on the Bashu Culture and it is the witness of 300 years Chongqing immigration culture and even the direct feeler of the Chaotianmen Dock culture. Chongqing Ming-Qing Hostel is the leading residential museum style hotel in the west of China and all without exception, from Lamas and Living Buddhas to Industry Leaders, from Business Talents to Men of Letters, will flock together at this lucky hostel.
The hostel is located in the area where two rivers join so that you could enjoy the beautiful view of the Yangtze River roaring east and it is only 5 minutes walk away from the luxurious commercial center, which helps you to appreciate the graceful bearing of this rapidly developing city, the fourth municipality under the direct administration of the central government and the biggest industrial center in the west of China.
The hostel is absolutely an ideal place for your tour, holiday, business and meeting, providing a unique atmosphere for tourist exchange and a perfect experience for living by its grassy yard, green trees, winding paths leading to secluded spots as well as convenient transportation extending in all directions. The decoration of the hostel is based on historical original appearance and compromises classic and fashion. There are modern standard rooms and luxury suites with water, heating, power, bath and internet access. Modern and classic facilities are well combined and mutually reinforced, so the living environment is both quiet and comfortable.
Chongqing Ming-Qing Hostel has its special decoration inside. The whole structure is used by brick and wood and many flowers and grasses are scattered inside. There are hand-made drawings from famous artists on the wall of each room so you can enjoy the strong and timehonoured artistic sense of culture.
In the reception hall of the hostel, there is a wall for sticking up the photos which display sweet memories of the guests staying here so each guest can be blended into the history and stories of the this hostel. The hostel is equipped with a leisure bar for guests. When you are feeling tired you could invite your friends to come over and share Kong-fu tea here and that will be an unforgettable memory.
If you stay at Ming-Qing Hostel,
You could take in as much as you like the profound cultural foundation of the city!
Could appreciate as much as you like the charm of the development of the city!
Could experience as much as you like the unique style of folk houses of the city!
Could enjoy as much as you like the wonderful time together with your friends!
The whole staffs of Chongqing Shangyue Ming-Qing Hostel welcome your stay here!
Mix Tour Offers in Our Hostel and Introduction of Famous scenic Spots in Chongqing：
1. The Three Gorges of the Yangtse River is famous for its grandeur, wonder, precipices, elegance and peacefulness. It looks like a gallery which is having a show of the most beautiful Chinese landscape paintings.
The Three Gorges consists of Qutang Gorge,Wu Gorge and Xiling Gorge. It starts from the White Emperor City of Chongqing to the east Nanjingguan of Yichang in Hubei province,and the total length is 193 km.
The Yangtse River cuts the mountains and makes a way down to the east in Three Gorge.The two coasts are steep cliffs and mountains.There are roaring and turbulent stream, tortuous watercourse, shrouding in mist and cloud, reflections and so many different scenes. When traveling on a boat, we can understand the dangerous steepness of Qutang Gorge, the serene and quiet of Wu Gorge as well as the various scenery of Xiling Gorge.You will be surprised by how amazing the natural landscapes is.
the famous beauty spot along the way:
①：The Ghost City:With a long history and a lot of myaterious legends,the Ghost City is a famous scenic spot and a historic site.It is said that Yin Changsheng Wang Fangping in Han Dynasty became immortalization here,so it is called a residence of the Hell King.There are many beauty spots,temples and statues. All of those show the thinking of punishing the evil and cannonizing the good.
②：Shibao Stockaded Village(Shibaozhai):Situated in ShibaoTown of Zhong Country,Shibao stockaded village was built on a skerry named YuYing.Its form from three parts:gate,body and cockloft.With 56 meters high,it has 12 floors and is reputeted as the one of eight ancient peculiar architecture.
③：Zhang Fei Temple:It was constructed in last years of Shu-Han Dynasty.Covering an area of 3,270 square meters,the temple faces the Yangtze River and with the moutain at its back.Numbers collection since Han&Tang Dynasty were exhibited here.
④：White Emperor City:It is located in the jaw of Qutang Gorges.Tuo-Gu-Tang in the White Emperor City was recurrence of the scene which Liu Bei intrusting his two sons to Zhuge Liangin A.D.233.There are many tablets,the most precious of them are San Wang Tablet&Feng Huang tablet .Its famous for the city of poems as many poems were written here.
2. The Dazu Stone Sculpture in Chongqing Dazu Country enjoy a high reputation both at home and abroad.Over 60,000 pieces of stone carvings are an agglomeration of image of Buddhism,Taoism and Confucianism forming a galaxy offine religious statues.
The Dazu Stone Sculpture is one of the shining pearls in the Chinese stone sculpture fine art.The Dazu Stone Sculpture, Yungang and Longmen are the tripartite carvings, which are as famous as Dunhuang. Dazu Stone Sculpture was the epitome of the Chinese carvings fine art and played an important role in the Chinese carving fine art development. It was also a typical example of carving fine art found in people's daily lives, which was brand new in the history of the Chinese Tibetan Buddhism.It vivaciously reflected the major changes and development of religion of the people in China.The World Heritage Committee added Dazu Stone Sculpture to its World Heritage List on 1 Dec 1999.
3. Hongya Holl is a symbol of the culture in Chongqing and its hum-anism ideal.It reflects the stubborn spirits and will of the peoplein Chongqing.As a testimony of development of Chongqing, it plays an important role in their daily life.
4. the Peoples Great Hall of Chongqing:It was built in 1951-1954,the Peoples Great Hall of Chongqing was designed by Zhang Jiade.The building is 65 meters high and the unusual achievements for it has been widely appreciated home and abroad.
5. Chaotianmen Square:Chaotianmen is the junction of Yangzte River and Jialing River and also a famous port of Chongqing.It is the ideal start for visiting the Three Goegrs of Yangzte River.You can also enjoy the beautiful night view of the mountain city by boat here.
6. Chongqing is famous for it moutain,river and fog. The special natural condition and complicated geographical environment make the traffic a little inconvenient in Chongqing.To solve this problem, the governme-nt looked for a new way to development traffic and built two cable cars cross the Yangzte River and Jialing River.
Tourists can enjoy the beautiful night view and river sighthere,and also overlook many beauty spots in chongqing here.
No.23 , Xiahongxue Lane Yuzhong District
Click here to enlarge map
Have you stayed here? Write a review
* The Customer Satisfaction score is based on a combination of ratings from Travellerspoint and external websites. The score of 75% for this property is based on ratings provided by 7 guests.