Friendly staff, although not all multilingual. Good value, short walk from bus terminal. Rooms are small and dark but comfortable and warm. Hot showers and laundry service. Small kitchen but was usually quiet, simple breakfast included.
Javier and Veronica’s house is typical of Patagonia, and together with Estela and Máximo take care of guests making them feel completely at home!
Services and Information:
* Internet & WI-FI (w/minimum charge)
* We accept Euros and US Dollars.
* 100 meters from the bus terminal.
* Low rates with breakfast included
* Central heating and hot water 24 hours
* Linen included
* Fully kitchen / laundry facilities
* Lounge area and dining-room
* Private lockers - storage room
* Open 24 hrs
* Maid service
* Information - excursions / reservations
* Optional: shuttle from and to airport
* Library and book exchange
* Payment in cash only (we accept Euros & American dollars)
Guests have a choice of accommodation with doubles available with private bathrooms or dormitory rooms, (all linen provided.) We have central heating and hot water 24 hours a day. Guests can use the full kitchen facilities and make friends in friendly surroundings.
The garden is full of flowers in spring and summer with shades or red, yellow and green in Autumn .The silent winters snow is only broken by birds singing or searching for food.
We can provide detailed information of the great places to visit in Los Glaciares National Park or in town. There are many thing to do including: walking to Laguna Nimes, Bahia Redonda, El Cañadon and Cerro Calafate. There is also horse riding, trekking or 4 X4 excursions and bikes in a nearby shop available for rent.
Albergue y Hostal Lago Argentino is located 100 meters from the bus terminal. Ave. Del Libertador (main street) is only 200 meters away and here there are fairly priced restaurants, bakeries, supermarket, handcraft shops, the post office, banks and tourist agencies.
El Calafate is a wonderful village and we would like you to share your experiences at Los Glaciares National Park at our house.
We are located in the heart of the city
200 mts from main Av which is Av. Libertador
Customers can cancel their reservation free of charge up to 2 Days before arrival. After this date, charges will be applied by the property up to the full cost of the reservation. Deposits paid are non refundable.
C. del Desierto 1061
Click here to enlarge map
Friendly staff, although not all multilingual. Good value, short walk from bus terminal. Rooms are small and dark but comfortable and warm. Hot showers and laundry service. Small kitchen but was usually quiet, simple breakfast included. Lots of excursions can be booked at reception, they gave great advice about the area.
Have you stayed here? Write a review
* The Customer Satisfaction score is based on a combination of ratings from Travellerspoint and external websites. The score of 91% for this property is based on ratings provided by 26 guests.