Can Sala, is a house from the beginning of the XII century, so, as it is normal for Catalan old houses, its structure is made of huge stones and wooden beams. The walls are very wide, which means that in the summer it’s very chilly inside.
Country farmhouse from the XII century in a totally natural environment that offers you a quiet and relaxed atmosphere.
Can Sala's property is in the Vall del Llémena, one of the best preserved natural areas in Girona surrounded by mountains, forests, fields, inactive volcanoes...
Can Sala, is a house from the beginning of the XII century, so, as it is normal for Catalan old houses, its structure is made of huge stones and wooden beams. The walls are very wide, which means that in the summer it’s very chilly inside. The house is restored trying to take care of its historic beauty, using materials that help to maintain a perfect harmony with the surroundings. All the materials used are natural and sustainable, environmentally friendly.
All around the house there are mountains, it’s in the middle of a land of 165 hectares; which mostly are forest and you will find various hiking paths.
The daily sounds are the birds singing, the frogs, the crickets, sometimes a lawnmower and a tractor working at some field close.
We offer different types of accomodation, for individuals, couples, families or groups.
The house has a total of 11 rooms. Double rooms with a double bed, double rooms with two individual beds, a familiar room, a dormitory for 6 people and another one for 8.
We can place an extra bed in any room for 15 € per night/person.
Every week towels and bedlinen get changed free of charge. For changes before this ask the reception.
We also have a camping zone, where you can place your tent, caravan or mobilehome, in the middle of the nature. There is a water point in the middle of the zone where you can wash the dishes or get wate... and you can get electricity at your place for 3€/night.
Breakfast: Organic buffet
• With GPS the most simple is using the coordinates or the location in google maps.
• If you are coming WITHOUT GPS, to get to Can Sala by road the most simple and fast way is the AP-7, the exit you have to take is Girona west 6b.
At the exit of the highway, at the roundabout take the first exit direction Carrer de Sant Gregori (GI-531). Continue on Carrer de Can Torroella. Continue 17,8 km on the GI-531 passing by the villages: Sant Gregori, Ginestar, Llorà, El pla de Sant Joan, Sant Martí de Llémena. Once you are in Sant Martí de Llémena, continue 2 km and turn right at the sign Granollers de Rocacorba direction GIV-5315. 1,9 km farther turn right: you will enter an off-road, 28 meters after you will find a bronze statue, take the right, 450 meters after you will be in Can Sala.
The closest city to Can Sala is Girona. It’s a city with a lot of connections, it has a train station, bus station and there is an airport 13 km away from the city: Costa Brava airport.
• From the airport there is a bus line that circulates daily, check timetables on: http://www.sagales.com/pubdocs/4030_aeroport-girona-costa-brava---girona-2014-03-09-(estiu)-(607).pdf
• To get to Girona with the train check timetables and prices on Renfe’s website: http://www.renfe.com/viajeros/
There are regional trains, longer distance trains and TGV (high speed trains).
• To get to Girona by bus, there are diferent conexions and companies. National, international and local buses arrive here.
• Once you are in Girona, at the central station there is a bus from the company Hispano Hilarienca, S.L. that has a regular line with a stop 800 meters from the house. The stop is Granollers de Rocacorba, it’s just afters Sant Martí de Llémena and before Sant Esteve de Llémena. You have to ask the bus driver to stop there. Check timetables on: http://www.hispanohilarienca.com/es/adjunt/web-1-horaris.pdf
***Please note: we are NOT located in Girona- we are about 25km away***
Customers can cancel their reservation free of charge up to 2 Days before arrival. After this date, charges will be applied by the property up to the full cost of the reservation. Deposits paid are non refundable.
Can Sala Granollers de Rocacorba Sant Marti de Llemena
Click here to enlarge map
Have you stayed here? Write a review
* The Customer Satisfaction score is based on a combination of ratings from Travellerspoint and external websites. The score of 94% for this property is based on ratings provided by 25 guests.