Lake Balaton region is Hungary’s most precious treasures and most frequented resorts. It is the largest lake in Central Europe. Szántód is situated on the southern shore, facing Tihany peninsula, 120 km-s from Budapest, between the towns of Balatonföldvár and Zamárdi. Hostel Rév and Restaurant is in the touristic centre of Szántód 200 m far from the shore and the ferry port. The only ferry connection on the lake is between Szántód and Tihany. The café-bar built in 1840 is a fancy place for activities and evening programs.
5 reasons why guests choose us:
· Pleasent, welcoming environment
· Good quality service
· Reasonable price
· Friendly staff
· Frequenters’ discounts
Open: from end of April till end of September
- from Budapest Déli(southern) railway station to Szántód-Kõröshegy railway station
- or on highway M-7 then mainroad 7 to Szántód-Rév
Address: 8622 Szántód, Szent István út 162.
Accommodation: 62 double rooms with bathroom
The old-style restaurant and pub with garden offers Hungarian and international dishes and specialities, vegetarian dishes, delicious local food, excellent wine from the region for guests from home and abroad. We organise parties, folklore programs, barbecue, gulyás - party, karaoke and disco for the guests.
Services in the hostel:
- 24 hours reception
- parking lot for cars and buses free of charge
- internet and fax access
- Tv, video in the lobby
- bicycles to rent
- stamps and postcards
- biliard, table-football
- luggage room
- music, dancing, karaoke, disco in the evenings
- hairdryer at the reception
- buffet breakfast included
- extra meals can be ordered
- beach 50 m
- beach free of charge 1000m
- shops, supermarket 50 m, fairs 1000m
- railway station 1200m
- sports grounds 1000m
- ferry port 200m
- water slide, watersports, fishing
- hiking, cyling and riding among the slopes of the region
Places to visit:
- Puppet Museim, House of Potters, Abbey Church, Echo hill, Summer Festival in Tihany
- Szántód-puszta Touristic and cultural centre( museums, galleries, riding, traditional hand crafts, exhibitions of old style life)
- Xantus tower on Castle hill in Balatonboglar
- Krishna valley and bio garden in Somogyvámos
- Mineral Museum, Museum of Imre Kálmán-King of operetta in Siófok,
- Thermal bath in Csisztapuszta
- Lake shore promenade of the 1900’s in Balatonföldvár
- Flower and vegetable market in Fonyód
Customers can cancel their reservation free of charge up to 2 Days before arrival. After this date, charges will be applied by the property up to the full cost of the reservation. Deposits paid are non refundable.
Have you stayed here? Write a review
Note: It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travellerspoint is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
Create your own travel plan and bookmark this hotel on your plan. You can even bookmark hotels found on other websites!
Do you have questions about Szantod? You might try asking in our active travel forums and see if anyone else has been there.
Keep your family and friends up to date with your trip by starting your own travel blog!