Tharavadu, which means family house in local language, Heritage Home is a 120 year old traditional Kerala Syriam Christian family House.
Kerala is also known for its uniquely built beautiful traditional houses. Here is our resort providing with 120 years old such houses near the bank of river, so that you can really have the feel of pleasantness and peace serving all your purposes
• Located near the river bank having ample land with small rivers and Natural beauty
• Located just opposite of Govt. Boat Jetty, can have boating from our place itself.
• Fishing rods and other facilities can be arranged
• Vegetarian and Non vegetarian food can be served on order
• Body massage can be arranged on prior request.
• Ample car parking space.
• Self-cooking with all the latest kitchen facility for tourists
Safe locker arrangements for valuables with security guaranteed.
• Travelling arrangements and hiring of self drive vehicles.
• Conference and party arrangements
• Group stay arrangements for project study, package tour etc.
• Arrangements for traditional art and music programmes for visitors.-
• Ayurveda treatment/massage by traditional Ayurveda therapies.
• Tourist guide assistance.
• Personal security / driver arrangements.
13 Kms. from Kottayam lies the sleepy little village of Kumarakom on the Vembanad lake. Kumarakom offers exotic sightseeing, boating and fishing experiences. The Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary is one of the most important attractions of the place. Cruising along the Vembanad Lake one can get glimpses of the numerous migratory birds like the egret, darter, heron and teal.
Proceed straight through Kumarakom Kavanattinkara Road just ¾ km from Kumarakom town is the government Boat Jetty Kumarakom.
Just opposite of which or right side of the road is “Tharavadu Heritage Home”.
From Ernakulam or Cochin Kumarakom town is 50-70 km away.
Proceed to Kumarakom town after Kavanattinkara Boat Jetty Government Boat jetty is 3 Km far on the left side of the road is “Tharavadu Heritage Home”
Check in time 11:30 A.M and checkout time 9:30 A.M next day.
Customers can cancel their reservation free of charge up to 2 Days before arrival. After this date, charges will be applied by the property up to the full cost of the reservation. Deposits paid are non refundable.
Have you stayed here? Write a review
Note: It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travellerspoint is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
Create your own travel plan and bookmark this hotel on your plan. You can even bookmark hotels found on other websites!
Do you have questions about Kumarakom? You might try asking in our active travel forums and see if anyone else has been there.
Read up on what to see and do in Kumarakom in the Travellerspoint guide, written by travellers for travellers.