Guesthouse U-En is a shared living space geared toward long-term guests. Conveniently located in central Osaka, it is only a quick train ride to Shinsaibashi and Namba. U-En opened in 2007 and has been happily serving travelers and long-term residents in Osaka ever since.
Guesthouse U-En is geared toward long-term (more than 7 nights) guests.
Staying for a week? Our 10 beds dorm is only 1800 yen / night.
What’s better than cheap rent? No utility fees or security deposits! Long-term guests at U-En pay no additional utility fees, making us an extremely affordable alternative to conventional hostels and short-term apartments.
Guesthouse U-En is a shared living space geared toward long-term guests. Conveniently located in central Osaka, it is only a quick train ride to Shinsaibashi and Namba. U-En opened in 2007 and has been happily serving travelers and long-term residents in Osaka ever since. Once a printing shop and private residence, it boasts a mixture of old-time charm and modern convenience that make it one of the most unique lodging opportunities in the Kansai Area.
U-En isn’t just quirky and fun—it's safe. Our staff is available 24 hours a day and ready to help you with any problems you might have, making U-En a worry-free option for solo travelers desiring added security.
* Centrally located in Osaka Easy Access to all Kansai area.
With Osaka’s loop line just a few minutes down the street, it’s easy to get from U-En without hassle to just about anywhere in Osaka. It’s only a five minute subway ride to Namba and Shinsaibashi, and a quick walk to Tsuruhashi, Osaka’s Korean neighborhood. Kyoto, Nara, and Kobe are all easy day trips, only 40–50 minutes away. Wherever you’re heading in Kansai, it won’t feel very far away. This makes U-En a great option for anyone working, studying or traveling around Osaka.
* Try living in an international guesthouse! Practice your language skills in a multicultural atmosphere.
Since many of our guests are visiting Japan from other countries, U-En is the perfect fit for anyone who would like to make friends and build connections with travellers from all over the world. Our first floor boasts a spacious lounge and café with plenty of room to mingle with other guests or relax with a manga from the café’s library. Click here to see photos of U-En’s interior.
* Free internet and Wi-Fi!
Guests at U-En enjoy free wireless internet access 24 hours a day. U-En also has two computers that guests can use any time they like free of charge.
* Our staff is available 24 hours a day.
All the staff members at U-En speak both English and Japanese, and some speak other languages such as Korean. If you can’t speak Japanese or you’re still a beginner, don’t worry! We’ll help you get settled and make sure your stay is pleasant and comfortable.
1) All prices include taxes.
2) Rates are per person.
3) All rooms are Japanese style with tatami mats. No shoes please!
4) All rooms are non-smoking. Smoking is permitted in the first-floor lounge.
5) Luggage storage is available any time after 8 AM.
6) Heating and electricity are included in the nightly rate. Guests pay no additional utility fees.
7) Neither shared nor private rooms are equipped with private bathrooms, showers, televisions or telephones. Bathrooms and showers are shared by all guests.
8) At present, U-En is not handicap-accessible. All rooms are located on the 2nd floor. Bathrooms are located on the 1st and 3rd floors.
9) There is no drying machine on premises. Indoor and outdoor drying racks are available. Coin-operated dryers are easily accessible at nearby Laundromats.
10) The minimum stay is one week (seven nights). If you’re wishing to stay for less than seven nights, please consider our sister facility TEN Hostel and Café Osaka!
*********10-minute walk from the JR Loop Line, Tamatsukuri Station**********
After you exit the central gate (NOT the west gate) of JR Tamatsukuri Station, walk by the Yoshinoya (rice bowl restaurant) on your left and McDonalds on your right. Continue straight out of the station and cross the big street ("Nagahori dori"). Turn left, heading west. Go straight for about 8 minutes. Continue straight at the 1st major intersection. The 2nd major intersection is "KARAHORI-CHO," which will be written on a sign under the traffic light. Turn right and walk 20 meters. Take your first left. U-En is the building on the left with ORANGE DOORS and unfinished wood walls. There is a new apartment building on its right side.
*****5-minute walk from Tamatsukuri subway station (N19)*******
Exit through Gate #1 and turn to the right (this is west). You will pass a 7-11 on your right. The 2nd big intersection (2nd stop light) is "KARAHORI-CHO,” which will be written on a sign under the traffic light. Turn right and walk 20 meters. Take your first left. U-En is the building with ORANGE DOORS and unfinished wood walls. There is a new apartment building with an apartment on its right side.
Customers can cancel their reservation free of charge up to 2 Days before arrival. After this date, charges will be applied by the property up to the full cost of the reservation. Deposits paid are non refundable.
1-5-8 Uemachi Chuo-ku
Click here to enlarge map
Have you stayed here? Write a review
* The Customer Satisfaction score is based on a combination of ratings from Travellerspoint and external websites. The score of 89% for this property is based on ratings provided by 25 guests.