This is a Trusted Review. Why?
Hello and greetings from the Philippines. I travelled to Taiwan for the first time from October 31 to November 3, 2010 and I can say with all confidence that my stay was made meaningful and immensely pleasurable by the cleanliness at Camels Island Shida Hostel. Since I travelled at the start of the day until late at night, having a clean place to stay is just what I needed. The owners, Shawn and Tina, were hospitable, friendly and not too intruding. We were provided free use of the internet, the television, and even some of the kitchen appliances. The hostel was properly maintained and I highly recommend this place to backpackers like me. Kudos and cheers! From Melchor Te of Manila
Have you stayed here? Write a review
Click here to enlarge map
2F., No.137, Sec. 2 Nanchang Road
Welcome to Camels' Island, Shida Hostel the Most colorful and Homely hostel in Taipei.
'Come as guests and leave as friends'
We are located in Shida (NTNU) area only few mins walk from the campus, nearby Shida night Market and countless foreign and local restaurants, affordable clubs and bars.
We provide these services:
- Perfect Central location, (we are only 1 min from Guting MRT station), make it easy for you to explore the lively Taipei City.
- A stylish, and safe & secure place
- Your own set of keys means no curfew, lock out
- Clean, comfortable linen towels (towel is on request)
- 24-hour hot shower, shampoo and soaps
- Washing machine and washing powder
- Hairdryer, iron and iron board
- 24-hour cable TV, DVDs
- 24-hour fast internet, wireless.
The rest of payment should be made while checking-in (cash only, please). Thank you.
Check-in time: 14:00~24:00
Check-out time: 11:00am
Please note: We are a hostel and all our facilities are on shared basis. Due to these characteristics, camels' island, Taipei may not be suitable for those without any hostelling experience.
Come to stay in our recent remodelling colorful house. We are looking forward to seeing you soon. Welcome to Camels' Island, Shida Hostel the most colorful and homely hostel in Taipei. 'Come as guests and leave as friends' .
We PROVIDE THESE services:
- A stylish, safe and secure place
- Your own set of keys means No Curfew or Lock out
- Clean, Comfortable linen towels
- HOT shower, Shampoo and Soap
- Washing Machine and Washing Powder
- Hairdryer, Iron and Iron board
- 24-hour Cable TV,
- 24-hour FAST Internet, Wireless.
We are only 1 min from MRT Guting station.
Direction from Taoyuan International Airport to our Location:
Take any bus (It takes about 40 mins to Taipei city) bound for Taipei main station and after arriving in the station, you need to walk to MRT (metro) Taipei main station and take metro to Guting station (three stops south) and then take Exit 1 (with a Lift/Elevator) of the station.
When you get out the exit 1, keep going straight alone Roosevelt Rd, not far you'll meet Tong an St.(first alleyway) and turn right, keep walking, you will see 7-eleven convenience store is on the corner, then turn right , going straight and look for the No.137(on the right-hand side), we are on the second floor.
Address: 2F, No.137, Nanchang Rd, Zhongzheng Dist., Taipei City 100
Customers can cancel their reservation free of charge up to 2 Days before arrival. After this date, charges will be applied by the property up to the full cost of the reservation. Deposits paid are non refundable.
* The Customer Satisfaction score is based on a combination of ratings from Travellerspoint and external websites. The score of 88% for this property is based on ratings provided by 66 guests.