FREE WIFI INTERNET, FREE breakfast, onsite Bar, discount vouchers at various stores and a minutes walk from the beach is what Hard Rock Backpackers, up market backpackers at a low cost will offer you.
Just a stone's throw away from the closest beach (Boneyards is a mere 150m away) and situated in Wavecrest, one of the safest areas in Jeffreys Bay, Hard Rock Backpackers offer comfortable, safe, yet affordable accommodation to all visitors. With a Rock 'n Roll theme, friendly staff and a great vibe, you're bound to experience J Bay like never before!
Jeffreys Bay has some of the most beautiful beaches in the world, with Main Beach being one of the few beaches in South Africa that has been awarded the coveted Blue Flag Award!
Visitors from all over the world flock to J Bay to experience our awesome waves, unique hospitality and of course, everything that the Eastern Cape has to offer. From elephants, lions, leopards, rhinos, cheetahs, buffalo, giraffe and zebras (to name but a few specimens from the locally available trails and game farms), to the world's highest bungy, canopy zipline tours, sand boarding, kite-surfing, sky diving... everything an adrenaline junkie would need to keep themselves entertained while on holiday!
Situated on the Indian Ocean coastline, we're surrounded by miles and miles of African bushveld, forests, reserves and shell-filled beaches that offer daily views of dolphins riding the waves... sometimes even riding them with the surfers, and from July to November the migrating Southern Right Whales visit our shorelines and entertain us on a daily basis with their antics... our sunrises are truly a sight to behold!
Jeffreys Bay is on the border-line between the Garden Route and the Sunshine Coast, and subsequentally offers visitors to Hard Rock Backpackers a homebase from which to enjoy all that these two regions have to offer - from the Tsitsikamma Forest, Addo Elephant Park, Schotia Safaris, Seaview Wildlife Park, Knysna Elephant Sanctuary, Lombardini Game Reserve, the world-renowned Otter Trail to the the Majestic Baviaanskloof... our visitors are spoiled for choice when it comes to day trip options!
Shopping... is another fantastic reason why visitors flock to Jeffreys Bay on a yearly basis! Besides the fact that J Bay boasts many different surf wear shops and surfboard shapers, we happen to be a factory shop haven of note! From Billabong, to Quicksilver, to Roxy, to Lizzard, to Rip Curl, to Jeep, to Oakley... shopping at our factory shops is like experiencing Christmas all-year round!
* To preserve and maintain our laid-back atmosphere we do not allow: Persons under 18 year of age or above 40.
* Reception hours: 8:00 22:00, if you know that you will be checking-in outside these hours, please notify us via e-mail in order for as to make arrangements to check you in.
* No Pets allowed.
* Eat your own food.
* Clean up after yourself.
* Right of admission reserved.
* During peak holiday periods (Easter, long weekends, mid-December to mid-January and the July school holiday) 50% deposit to confirm your stay, the other 50% payable on arrival.
* During the remainder of the year, 20% deposit to confirm your stay, the other 80% payable on arrival.
* Reservations can only be made with Master Card or Visa credit card. Upon arrival you can pay with your credit card / bank card or cash.
* If you prefer to make an electronic bank transfer (EFT), we will require you to transfer the full amount of you booking.
* Rooms / beds will only be reserved after deposit or full payment has been paid.
* Arriving after reception hours: Opening hours of reception is 8:00-22:00. When you arrive after this time, you will need to contact us on 083 233 0831 in order for us to open the hostel gate as no one will be at reception to hear the bell.
* You will be charged for all bookings you make. Please make sure you book for the dates of your choice.
* In case of a No-show, your credit card is charged for the full amount of your booking.
* In the interests of security, all guests are required to produce government photo ID on check-in.
* The following cancellation fee applies on the full value of the booking:
o For cancellations made between 0 and 7 days before the arrival date:A penalty equal to 100% of total stay will be applied
o For cancellations made between 7 and 30 days before the arrival date:A penalty equal to 50% of total stay will be applied
o For cancellations made more than 30 days before the arrival date:A penalty equal to 25% of total stay will be applied
This is a Trusted Review. Why?
Great place to stay, not only for hard rock fans!
We are a group of four and had one double room and two beds in a 6-bed dorm. The host's dog Mustang welcomed us upon arrival. He is very friendly and quiet, no need to be scared, just be careful not to run him over with your car since he tends to follow you around. After that we were welcomed by the host himself who showed us the hostel.
The rooms are really nice, the bathrooms new, modern and clean. The Hard Rock Backpackers has a bar with a pool table. The bar is always "open", meaning you have to find Dick and he will open it anytime. One night we had a Braai with everyone. There is a big braaiing area with enough light, so no problem with late dinners. We could also rinse and dry our kites in the backyard. Furthermore it has a common kitchen, a living room with TV and a computer with internet access (unfortunately not for free).
The entry hall is full of hard rock, literally! But we could always turn the music off in case it bothered us. The property is secured by a gate, so parking is safe. We did not take advantage of the good location because we were so lazy that we always took the car to go everywhere, but everything you need is within walking distance.
So far, the staff consists of only the host and a lady who helps cleaning. Nevertheless, we were always taken good care of. Thank you, Dick, for such a nice stay!
Have you stayed here? Write a review
Note: It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travellerspoint is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
Create your own travel plan and bookmark this hotel on your plan. You can even bookmark hotels found on other websites!
Do you have questions about Jeffrey's Bay? You might try asking in our active travel forums and see if anyone else has been there.
Read up on what to see and do in Jeffrey's Bay in the Travellerspoint guide, written by travellers for travellers.