This is a Trusted Review. Why?
- Very friendly place with a good atmosphere.
- Well situated right next to Union Square and close to many good restaurants. No curfews and no odd fees.
- Sleeping arrangements were as expected (we chose the 4 beds females only setup) and beds were clean and OK to sleep in.
- Kitchen with big fridge available - everything clean and inviting. Internet free and OK, as long as you're close to ground level.
- Toilet in hallway and bathroom not very clean and inviting.
- Though you have to use a credit card to book rooms, you cannot pay with one when you arrive. Luckily we knew this and brought cash, so we didn't have to hunt for banks at ten in the evening.
This is a Trusted Review. Why?
Thinking about price, this hotel was high performance.
Especially, the location was best.
Bathroom was a little bit dirty, but I was satisfied with this hotel totally.
Have you stayed here? Write a review
Click here to enlarge map
140 Mason street
The best location one block from Union Square. Quick access to public transportation, including Muni.Only 2 Minutes (one block) walking distance to Powel subway station, Powel Cable car station - (You will see how the cable car makes a turnaround on the turn table).Just a few blocks away within easy access to Chinatown and SOMA, in a vibrant neighborhood filled with clubs, restaurants, bars, theaters, and art galleries.A recently renovated hostel, with 6 floors and a window roof.If you are a US national, you must have student ID to check inFree computer access with internet Free phone calls to anywhere in usa and canada Free premise wide wifiFree laundry powderFree use of hairdryersFree secure post-check-out luggage storageFree tea & coffeeFree dvd watchingAnd more freebies...Plus:- Fully equipped kitchen, stove tops, refrigerators, freezers. - social activities, parties, etc. - reading lounge - game room, dancing room, meeting room- No curfew- The only hostel in the USA with Valet parking at $15 per day.-Among the best deals on sightseeing tours
Prices- Taxes included. No additonal taxes. A spacious full equipped kitchen and dining area24 hour receptionFriendly and helpful staff! A refundable key deposit of $5 is required at check-in (payable in cash only).If you are a US national, you must have student ID to check inSan Francisco International hostel caters almost exclusively to foreign travelers and students from all of the world. Exceptions can be made on a case by case basis.** Cancellation Policy **1. Cancellations must be received at least 24 hours in advance.2. Reservation cancellations that are made within 24 hours of the reserved start date will incur a 1 nights charge equal to the active daily rate of the room or dorm bed that you have reserved. 3. Reservation cancellations that are made on or after the reserved start date will incur a charge equal to the cost of the entire reserved stay, based on the active daily rate of the room or dorm bed that you reserved. Note about Internet Rates:Our internet rates are honored only by FIRST TIME bookers. In other words, we do not honor subsequent online bookings by guests who're already checked in with us. A walk-in rate applies to all subsequent payments. Check in times are after 3pm
* The Customer Satisfaction score is based on a combination of ratings from Travellerspoint and external websites. The score of 79% for this property is based on ratings provided by 212 guests.