The best location one block from Union Square. Quick access to public transportation, including Muni.
Only 2 Minutes (one block) walking distance to Powell subway station, Powell Cable car station - (You will see how the cable car makes a turnaround on the turn table).
Just a few blocks away within easy access to Chinatown and SOMA, in a vibrant neighborhood filled with clubs, restaurants, bars, theaters, and art galleries.
A recently renovated hostel, with 6 floors and a window roof.
If you are a US national, you must have student ID to check in
Free computer access with internet
Free premise wide wifi
Free secure post-check-out luggage storage
Free tea & coffee
Free dvd watching
And more freebies...
- Fully equipped kitchen, stove tops, refrigerators, freezers.
- social activities, parties, etc.
- reading lounge
- game room, dancing room, meeting room
- No curfew
-Among the best deals on sightseeing tours
Prices- Taxes included. No additonal taxes.
A spacious full equipped kitchen and dining area
24 hour reception
Friendly and helpful staff!
A refundable key deposit of $5 is required at check-in (payable in cash only).
YOU MUST HAVE AN INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT OR VALID STUDENT ID TO CHECK IN
San Francisco International hostel caters almost exclusively to foreign travelers and students from all over the world.
Exceptions can be made on a case by case basis.
** Cancellation Policy **
1. Cancellations must be received at least 48 hours in advance.
2. Reservation cancellations that are made within 48 hours of the reserved start date will incur a 1 nights charge equal to the active daily rate of the room or dorm bed that you have reserved.
3. Reservation cancellations that are made on or after the reserved start date will incur a charge equal to the cost of the entire reserved stay, based on the active daily rate of the room or dorm bed that you reserved.
Note about Internet Rates:
Our internet rates are honored only by FIRST TIME bookers. In other words, we do not honor subsequent online bookings by guests who are already checked in with us. A walk-in rate applies to all subsequent payments.
Check in times are after 3pm
This is a Trusted Review. Why?
- Very friendly place with a good atmosphere.
- Well situated right next to Union Square and close to many good restaurants. No curfews and no odd fees.
- Sleeping arrangements were as expected (we chose the 4 beds females only setup) and beds were clean and OK to sleep in.
- Kitchen with big fridge available - everything clean and inviting. Internet free and OK, as long as you're close to ground level.
- Toilet in hallway and bathroom not very clean and inviting.
- Though you have to use a credit card to book rooms, you cannot pay with one when you arrive. Luckily we knew this and brought cash, so we didn't have to hunt for banks at ten in the evening.
This is a Trusted Review. Why?
Thinking about price, this hotel was high performance.
Especially, the location was best.
Bathroom was a little bit dirty, but I was satisfied with this hotel totally.
Have you stayed here? Write a review
Note: It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travellerspoint is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
Create your own travel plan and bookmark this hotel on your plan. You can even bookmark hotels found on other websites!
Do you have questions about San Francisco? You might try asking in our active travel forums and see if anyone else has been there.
Read up on what to see and do in San Francisco in the Travellerspoint guide, written by travellers for travellers.