All in all, the hostel is not so bad, given the fact that it is one of the cheapest.
The greenest youth Hostel in Brussels borders onto the Soignes forest and the city centre is 20 minutes away with the subway (plus 10 minutes walking or 3 minutes by bus from the metro station)The Auberge des 3 Fontaines is the ideal base for exploring the capital of Europe and for relaxing at the heart of nature. Tired after a trip around town?Don't you worry - the forest, tennis courts and lakes are the perfect place to relax and practise sport.161 beds, 51 rooms with 2, 4 or 5 beds; big terrace outside and Belgian beers at the bar; meeting rooms, internet, 24 hours access with badge; special parking place for coaches;Free WIFIFree maps of Brussels and other citiesFree luggage storeSheets includedTowels for hire MAX age in dormitories is 35 years ! If you are older than 35 years please send the information by e-mail and we will give you a private room Attention! The rates of the private rooms are different and normally higher than the price of the dormitory. Thank youBreakfast is not included in the on-line room rateCheck in time: from 14h to 18h.Reception front desk closes at 22h.If you are planning to come after 22h00, please inform us.For any problem contact us (reception)NO CHECK-IN AFTER midnight.Check-out time: 10h in the morning
Breakfast is not included in the on-line room rate.MAX age in dormitories is 35 years ! (if you are older than 35 years please send the information by e-mail and we put you in anothe room type) Thank you
Chaussée de Wavre 2057
Click here to enlarge map
- it's far outside of the city, the bus is driving only once an hour, the walk to the metro-station is about 20 minutes long...
- you have to pass a sports hall to get to your rooms, all the places have a very intense smell (sweat, plastic and sports hall...)
- they don't have any towells or tissues in the bathrooms and toiletts
- bathrooms didn't look so clean, the only detergents that they used were chlorine, luckily I brought thongs
- no one cleaned our room, we had to empty the trash ourselves, otherwise the trash would have overflowed
- there is no café, you only find a restaurant with ridiculous prices...the breakfast was a desaster (staff seemed to be swamped, everyday it wasn't prepared) and the rest of the day you were forced to eat food from the restaurant if you wanted to stay there
- most of the staff was pretty friendly but wasn't able to speak english, but we've met also a pretty rude waiter (who could speak englisch unfortunately and yelled at my friend because she asked for a spoon...)
- there was no kitchen, where you could cook by yourself and this was a big disappointment because Brussels is soo unbelievable expensive and we had to spent a lot of money on eating at restaurants and delis...
- in front of the entrance is a four lane highway...and you have to follow down the noisy road to the metro station...that's not so much "green"...there is not so much nature as they described it on their homepage
- there is no chill-out-lounge for guests, only the "restaurant", which was crowded with people dressed in their sportswear all sweaty
- it is pretty badly soundproofed...there was a class with about 50 kids and you couldn't find sleep because you heard everything and they were incredible noisy
- this hostel is a place to stay for a class, not for grown-ups
This is a Trusted Review. Why?
All in all, the hostel is not so bad, given the fact that it is one of the cheapest. For me, the biggest problem was the location; I wasn't aware of the distance between the hostel and the city centre (not because of lack of information on the site, but because I wasn't paying attention to these details when I booked the room, I guess). On a normal day, you shouldn't have any problem arriving in the centre in bus and metro in aprox. 20 minutes, from what I heard; but when we arrived, there have been an incident (killing included) and all the public transportation instantly decided to go on strike for not less than 6 days! so our staying in Brussels was very much disabled- to say so- by the fact that we had to grab the taxi all the time- not a very pleasant thing, they're not so cheap.
So the location should be a minus for the hostel. The service- didn't even notice it that much, only by talking to the receptionist, who was helpful and nice. People there? young travalers like us, so you may get weird noisy people or cool talkative ones
The rooms were clean, but the bathrooms needed a little more of their attention, to put it that way; of course, for a public bathroom, there is not much you can expect, but- nevertheless- I would suggest a bit more of cleanliness.
Facilities- ok; all in all, a 3 out of 5. For those who don't have money to spend on accommodation, it's great!
This was so awful!
Hostel is at last end of brussels, next to the highway and it's actually a sports centre.
The transport is really bad, especially after 9 p.m. so you have to walk uphill for about 15 minutes.
The employees didn't speak any english, they even didn't understand our question: "is this the youth hostel?" But this was all okay until we got into the hostel wing.
Most parts of wall and floor are just grey stones and everything, especially the sanitary facilities, is so disgusting!! Hairs and undefinable other things are lying in shower, toilett and washbowl, the armatures were dirty and full of limescale. I really really exercrated having a shower. The room cleanliness was okay! But never ever again!!
It was really awful!!The showers were musty, and in the ladys cabin was a men who was looking at naked young girls!! In the bed were pubes and hair and the Floor was dirty!!
You have to go trough a sports hall which is very stinky!! Nobody spoke good english there and i don´t understand french.the cafeteria was also awful, i took spagetthi carbonara and it tasted bad!! i was with my classmates there and one of them forgott there key in their room and someone closed the door.so we came to the reception and said that they want the key back from the room.The reception understood nothing.at least they gave them the key for making the door open and take the key out of the room.but they didn´t believe that this key was their key.
It was really awful and i wouldn´t like to go there anymore.
Have you stayed here? Write a review
* The Customer Satisfaction score is based on a combination of ratings from Travellerspoint and external websites. The score of 73% for this property is based on ratings provided by 25 guests.