I booked a bed in a 2-bed dorm for 3 nights. The room was very spacious and clean, quite light if you consider it looks out onto a well-kept courtyard. The private bathroom was modern, pretty and clean. The beds were very 'creaky' though, every time you moved, the bed would protest.
Already been to the Top Rated La Controra Hostel in Naples? So you know that La Controra Hostel Rome will be the best hub to discover the Eternal City!
La Controra is a concept: not only travelers but also artists, designers and musicians choose it to perform in both Naples and Rome.
Design factory yet economic property, La Controra Hostel Rome is located in the centre of the centre: Repubblica on one hand, Barberini, Villa Borghese and the Spanish Steps on the other, this smart 18th century building will make you feel like Mastroianni in La Dolce Vita.
Privates or dorms: no difference when the common denominator is that of a new and clean property where you meet all other backpackers as well as the Neapolitan oriented staff.
Bean bags, tv, possibility to listen to your music with any kind of cables, Sicily styled kitchen, international calls, free Wi-Fi in rooms: our warm and friendly staff will make your stay an unforgettable travel experience!
Tourist Tax 2 Euros per person per night!
The Controra hostel is located in a building where there are other activities but also people who lives there, please observe these simple rules to have a really good stay in harmony with our neighbours.
Check-in and check-out:
1) The check-in time is between 8:00 and 22:00.
2) The check-out time is between 08.00 and 11.00.
3)Payment by cash or credit card upon arrival.
Use of the elevator:
1) Guests are allowed to use the elevator only when checking in, checking out, depositing their luggage or taking possession of their room, we kindly ask our guests to use the stairs throughout the remainder of their stay.
2) When using the elevator during the activities of checking in or checking out, please check that the doors are closed properly (both metal doors and wooden doors).
The elevator does not work if the doors are open: After using the elevator, please ensure that the elevator doors are closed properly to avoid causing any nuisance to other people who may need it.
Use of the common areas of the building (staircase and atrium):
The hostel is housed in a building in which other people inhabit. Customers of La Controra are asked to behave in a manner that respects the rights of such individuals and other customers.
In particular, please note that:
1) The stairs, the elevator and the atrium are not part of the hostel, so they should only be used to access or to leave the building and guests are not allowed to eat, drink,
or engage in other activities.
2) Smoking down the stairs, in the elevator and in the atrium is prohibited by law.
3) It is strictly prohibited to leave any kind of waste on the stairs or in the elevator.
4) Kindly remember that the gate of the building is closed during these hours:
Every day from 13.00 to 15.00 and after 20.00
on Saturday after 13.00
Sunday all day
Guests are kindly requested to close the gate after using it during the indicated times.
PLEASE BE SURE YOU HAVE €10.00
CASH WITH YOU FOR THE KEY DEPOSIT
WITHOUT WHICH WE CAN'T LET YOU IN.
Via Umbria, 7
Click here to enlarge map
This is a Trusted Review. Why?
I booked a bed in a 2-bed dorm for 3 nights. The room was very spacious and clean, quite light if you consider it looks out onto a well-kept courtyard. The private bathroom was modern, pretty and clean. The beds were very 'creaky' though, every time you moved, the bed would protest. Not so great for a dorm. The room was next to the common room, and one night people were talking there very loudly at 2 am. I got up and asked them to please keep it down and they did. I feel that the people that stay at La Controra would not ruin other people's experience on purpose, just like the kitchen was kept clean and tidy by all the guests.
I liked the big lockers that were provided in the room, i would have appreciated a chair, sidetable and especially some hooks on the wall or in the lockers to hang stuff.
The staff was very friendly and helpful, they responded well to requests that went a bit beyond to what you'd expect them to provide. The street and entrance to the building felt very safe. It is quite close to the main train station (12 minute walk), another subway station and some lovely sights, like Villa Borghese.
I would go there again and recommend La Controra to fellow travellers!
Have you stayed here? Write a review
* The Customer Satisfaction score is based on a combination of ratings from Travellerspoint and external websites. The score of 90% for this property is based on ratings provided by 222 guests.