A few days after making the booking via your site I received an email from the Hostel asking me for my security number on my credit card (used to pay the deposit). I was, naturally wary but apparently the proprietors could not secure payment without the numbers.
Recently Refurbished Hostel Alma trade as B & B pattern and offers no -smoking Budget accommodation for students, contractors, business travellers, families, parties, etc. 365 days a year.
All our rooms have En-Suite facilities & are equipped with 26' Freeview LCD TVs and have free Wi - Fi internet access. Parking Spaces available on request.
In the Guests Kitchen you can find complimentary coffee, tea, milk, sugar and buscuits. We provide plates, bowls, cups, glasses and cutleries for guests needs. Microwave, fridge, kettle and toaster available as well. Kitchen open 24 / 7.
When you arrive at the hostel your bedroom will have been cleaned, tidied and of course the bed will have been made up. All our rooms have a comfortable bed with Orthopaedic Mattress, freshly laundered cotton sheets, duvet, two pillows and a bath towel for each guest.
In the morning complimentary continental breakfast available at the ALMA CAFE. During the breakfast you can tested selection of Coffees and Teas. Our modern bean - in cup coffee machine have 11 Selections Menu such as Cappuccino, Mochaccino, Caf Latte, Espresso, Hot Chocolate and etc.
If you are looking for a budget room - This is the place for you!
Please note we operate a 48 hour cancellation policy and will contact at the time of booking for credit card verification.
* Check-In Time is from 3.00 p.m to 10.00pm.
* Check-Out Time is before 10.00 a.m.
* We are welcoming Guests : Monday-Sunday 3.00pm - 10.00pm. You can get main door and room door entances security codes.
* Alternatevely Guests can checking -in at any time after 10.00 p.m. and use their codes which will be send by email or by sms to mobile.
* Hostel requires full credit card details for pre-authorisation. The details must be provided within an one hour on booking date. If the card falls the pre-authorisation, the booking will be cancelled.
* Charge the first night of stay for cancellations made prior to 48 hours.
* In case the payment is declined the booking will be automatically cancelled.
* By checking-out the Guests must leave the Room in good order & Smoke Free.
* No Smoking in the Rooms and Public Areas
* Credit / Debit Card Surcharge of 3.00 %
* No Reduction for Temporary Absence or Meals Not Taken
* No Refunds for Cut Short Stay
* No Visitors allowed in the guests bedrooms
* No DDS / Benefit Allowed
* No Pets Allowed
37 Folkestone Road Dover, Kent
Click here to enlarge map
This is a Trusted Review. Why?
A few days after making the booking via your site I received an email from the Hostel asking me for my security number on my credit card (used to pay the deposit). I was, naturally wary but apparently the proprietors could not secure payment without the numbers. I gave the numbers in the hope it would not mean I would find my account debited more than necessary. On arrival, the lady seemed a little distrustful. The reception area was dark and not very warm (but it was only 5PM). We (my daughter, her son and Godson, my husband and I) were not in any way threatening and the lady seemed more reassured. She asked for payment immediately and I asked if my card had already been debited: it was a simple question as I had been worried about the above mentioned email. At this point the lady's husband (I presume) came in and asked if everything was all right as if he had expected us to be making trouble. We assured him there was no probelm and we could pay by cash if that was OK. He really did seem very distrustful of us which is a pity. His wife explained that they had had instances of clients paying on the site the deposit but with invalid cards and that for this reason they had asked for the three digits on my card ... just in case. I don't know if this is legitimate. I can quite understand the wariness of the proprietors under these conditions but it was a little bit intimidating to feel we were being distrusted. I can well appreciate that it is not easy to maintain hostel style accommmodation on a main road out of Dover and that the couple may well have had some unpleasant experiences but for a bona fide family unit it was not the welcome we expected. The rest of the stay went without any problem.
Have you stayed here? Write a review
* The Customer Satisfaction score is based on a combination of ratings from Travellerspoint and external websites. The score of 77% for this property is based on ratings provided by 39 guests.