This is a Trusted Review. Why?
I was very dissapointed with breakfast - there were only pancakes and that's it. No cheese, bread, cottege, vegetables, fruits - nothing. Only pancakes.
This is a Trusted Review. Why?
Not clean enough.No one collect the trash and clean the bathroom during our stay
This is a Trusted Review. Why?
Location was good and price not too bad but the main problem was they only had one shower (for at least 25 people!!). I would definetily not recomend it.
Have you stayed here? Write a review
Click here to enlarge map
1223 11th st 11th St NW
Everything is all brand-new - we've got new bathrooms and a new media room!
We also have the cleanest rooms in DC because we have a policy of no shoes in the house and no food/eating in the guest rooms.
Check out what makes Duo Housing the #1 choice for students, travellers, and interns!
Interning or moving to Washington DC? Just exploring the United States Capitol? We're convenient to public transportation. This is the perfect housing alternative for international students and interns in any of the cities we service!
We're located just 15 minutes to the US Capitol and just five minutes to Chinatown and are surrounded by cafés, stores, shopping, and nightlife.
There's also free coffee and tea as well as free kitchen utensils if you want to cook for yourself.
Room rates include free bed linen, free bath towels, free maid service and a free lockable locker - bring your own lock!
There's also free Wi-Fi, free Internet, free computer usage, free use of our Nintendo Wii and free house events!
...and, of course, free meeting new friends. :) The big city is intimidating to new guests, but you can plan on making some great new friends. Many of our guests end up becoming friends and getting apartments together!
Duo Housing is designed to encourage interaction among our guests as much as possible. Our rooms are shared, as are the bathroom facilities, kitchens, and living rooms. The living room (or social room) has a huge 42' flat-screen TV, all the premium cable TV channels, DVD player, and a phone to call anywhere in the continental US.
Need some down time? There's a separate quiet study area, too.
What makes us different? The biggest difference is our hostels were started by people just like you and are run by people with needs just like yours. So instead of coming home from school or your internship to an impersonal warehouse of beds, you feel like you're coming home - you're staying with people who fast become your friends; you cook with people from all over the world; you get to learn and experience the city first-hand with friends.
Our friendly staff are on duty 24 hours a day to help you with anything you might need, whether it's directions or restaurant suggestions. This also means there's no lockout, you can check in anytime and there's security on the property 24/7.
Please note that we do not accept guests under the age of 18. All guests in a party must be over the age of 18.
Please read our Things to Note below before making a booking
Taxes are not included in the rates shown online. This is an additional 14.5% as mandated by the government; this shall be added to your balance upon arrival.
All reservations are charged 48 hours in advance of your arrival. If your credit card information changes please contact us immediately. Any reservations with declined/expired credit cards are subject to termination.
You MUST have a passport and / or US drivers license to check in.
You must pay with a credit card. We do not have the facility to take any cash whatsoever. You will not be able to check in unless you are paying with a credit card.
If you are a resident of Washington DC, Virginia, or Maryland, you are restricted to a total of 3 days in any 30 day period.
We have a 48hr cancellation policy. Late cancellations and no-shows shall be charged the equivalent of the first night’s accommodation.
Any reservation of 4 guests or more will be charged 7 days in advance for the entirity of their reservation. We do not accept or acknowledge any 'group' reservation, nor do we offer any special pricing, discounts, or services for 'groups'.
You may register at any time, but you may not be 'on property' until 3pm. You may leave your luggage with us prior to that. Your bed will be ready by 3pm on the day of your check-in.
We request that you vacate the property by 11am. This means all of your belongings must be out of the room and you must leave the property by 11am. You may leave your luggage with us until 3pm on the day of your departure, but if your luggage stays past 3pm you will be charged the currently posted daily rate as a luggage storage fee.
You are more than welcome to leave your luggage in our secure closet area while you spend the rest of the day in the city, but if you are checking out today, you must be out of the bed by 11am so we can change it for the next guest.
Rules of the house:
By checking in the guest understands that this is not a lease and their stay at Duo Housing is temporary only. This is not accommodations for long term. As such, the guest understands and agrees that they have no legal tenant rights as prescribed by law; rather they are held to the short-term housing and hoteliers law and statutes.
By checking in the guest agrees to abide by all rules set forth herein as well as follow the legal direction of Duo Housing staff, employees, managers, and its agents.
Should a guest fail to comply with any of the herein agreed to terms and conditions, Duo Housing reserves the right to charge the guest $25 per infraction and/or request that the guest vacate the property immediately. Any disturbances caused by a guest to other guests, staff, or the property itself may result in the guest being removed from the property.
If your bed sheets, linens, and towels are not returned, your credit card on file will be charged for any missing items.
1) No smoking inside the building - no puffing it out the window, not hanging out the window. You may smoke outside on the porch.
2) If you use any of the dishes, please wash them - do not leave them in the sink or on the table - your credit card will be charged one full day’s rent if you leave your dishes unwashed or the kitchen/dining area in disarray.
3) Please dispose of any trash that you bring into/make in any of the common areas and guest rooms - bottles, wrappers, etc.
4) Please sleep in the bed assigned to you. Beds are assigned automatically by the computer and oftentimes someone else is already assigned to the bed you want to take. Please see a member of staff with any other questions regarding bed assignments.
5) No sleeping on the sofas or in any of the common areas.
6) Please keep your towels either on your bed, hanging off the end of your bed or in the laundry.
7) If you wish to have a guest visit, please stay in the common areas.
8) Please label your food with your name and your check-out date. Any food products without a date may be discarded. All food is to be stored and eaten in the kitchen/dining/third-floor common area or on the outside decks. Food can’t be stored or eaten in any guest rooms or the first-floor common areas.
9) No illegal drugs on the property. All onsite alcohol consumption ends at 10pm daily.
10) The following items may not be stored in the refrigerator: soda, juice, or alcohol.
11) If your reservation is over and you wish to extend you must extend by 11 am, otherwise there will be an additional $50 fee added to the initial rate after 6pm.
Each guest is required to clean up after themselves and keeping tidy, including but not limited to their bedding, clothing and personal belongings in the bedroom and common areas, keeping clean of dishes and utensils that the guest uses, and anything else that is left in any common area.
All common areas are secured with CCTV digital recording cameras. By checking in to the property you acknowledge that recording is in progress.
While every attempt is made to provide a safe and secure housing solution, Duo Housing Inc, its management, staff and associates take no responsibility for any personal belongings; the guest is responsible for the security of all their personal belongings.
Guest understands that Duo Housing, its staff and management are not responsible in any way for any injuries caused while guest is on the property. Guest assumes all risk and any subsequent responsibility to their well-being while at duo housing. Furthermore, by agreeing to the terms and conditions, guest agrees to waive all perceived or actual responsibility against Duo Housing, its staff, and management for any injuries occurred while at Duo Housing.
* The Customer Satisfaction score is based on a combination of ratings from Travellerspoint and external websites. The score of 84% for this property is based on ratings provided by 490 guests.