We have cheap rooms, clean beds and dirty fun, offering the international backpacker or local traveller all the comforts they need. Our dorms range from 4 to 16 beds, plus options for those wanting a little privacy with double, twin and ensuite private rooms. Every bed boasts 9 inches of mattress heaven along with a thick doona (what aussies call a duvet) clean bathrooms with never ending hot water and FREE breakfast every morning!
Discovery Melbourne is on the edge of the CBD in the quieter part of town, but walking distance to all the action so it makes us your perfect base for exploring the city and beyond. Close to café-filled laneways, cool bars, markets (Queen Victoria right around the corner) and spacious parks, it’s the perfect hostel in our city that never sits still.
We have cheap rooms, clean beds and dirty fun! Our Melbourne backpackers offers the international or local traveller all the comforts they need. Our dorms range from 4 to 16 beds, plus options for those wanting a little privacy with double, twin and ensuite private rooms. Every bed boasts 9 inches of mattress heaven along with a thick doona (what aussies call a duvet) clean bathrooms with never ending hot water and FREE breakfast every morning!
Our passionate and famously friendly staff are here for you 24 hours a day. We have overnight security and no curfew so you can party hard and sleep easy while staying in Melbourne. If you want to make the most of every minute here, our events and activities guides show you how it’s done, ranging from in house events, free tours and staff with the latest on what’s happening in this vibrant city like the Melbourne International Film Festival, Melbourne Writers Festival or Open House Melbourne with a never ending list of things to do.
Our cheap and lively in house cafe and new winter bar is where you can trade travel tales over local beers or fancy cocktails. When summer is back our new basement bar will be too, bigger and better than ever – so stay tuned! While you’re chilling out at Discovery Melbourne make sure you drop into in our massive bean bag cinema with BYO USB or computer ports or cheesy DVD’s from our own collection. If you feel like getting some fresh air after a big night in one (or many) of Melbourne’s awesome night spots or just want to soak up the sunshine (yeah well..maybe not till September) then head to our astro turf rooftop where you’ll find BBQs, picnic tables and enough space to kick a football.
And have everything else you need…like job advice and partnerships with Melbourne recruiters, Backpackers World Travel in our lobby ready to book your next tour or flight and a guest laundry and large kitchen to make you feel right at home (but don’t push it, you’ll have to do your own ironing and washing up!)
Terms & Conditions
* A one night cancellation fee applies to any reservation cancelled within 24 hours of arrival
* Any guests under 18yrs must be in a private room and be accompanied by their legal guardian at all times
* All guests must provide a passport or current photo drivers licence on arrival. Proof of age cards are not accepted.
* All credit card or Eftpos transactions will incur a 3% surcharge
* A $10 key deposit is required by each guests on arrival
* Groups of 4-10 people are required to provide a $100 credit card pre-authorisation as well as a $10 key deposit per person. If people in groups are arriving separately the first person to arrive needs to pay in full for the whole group as well as the bonds.
* All bookings of 11+ are considered a group and must book through our groups department as different terms & conditions apply.
* FREE AIRPORT SHUTTLE Terms & Conditions. We offer a refund to any guest (staying 14 or more nights) who get the STARBUS airport pick up from Tullamarine Airport. This service is only valid with STARBUS which operates between 6am - 6pm daily. It departs from Bus Zone L (out the front of the international terminal) approximately every 30 minutes and will drop you off at our door. We recommend you book the day before or before by calling (03) 8378 8700. Tickets are $13 per person however if you stay 3 or more nights this will be refunded on check-in upon giving us the receipt.
Between Christmas and New Years. Minimum stay of 3 nights.
Applies between 24th December 2014 – 2nd January 2015.
During this period, cancellation policy of 2 weeks applies.
Have you stayed here? Write a review
Note: It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travellerspoint is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
Create your own travel plan and bookmark this hotel on your plan. You can even bookmark hotels found on other websites!
Do you have questions about Melbourne? You might try asking in our active travel forums and see if anyone else has been there.
Read up on what to see and do in Melbourne in the Travellerspoint guide, written by travellers for travellers.