Your first impression of this hostel is when the very friendly and excited Patrick (son of the owner) picks you up from the airport. He makes you that much more excited to be there.
Hostal Aleman is a new, small and family-operated hostel located in a quiet and nice suburban area near Panama Viejo - the ruins of ancient Panama City wich was runsacked in the late 17th century by the british pirat Henry Morgan - opened early in 2011.
Our offers include:
- Free high quality German breakfest.
- Showers with warm water (rather rare in Latin America).
- Free coffee / tea all day.
- 24 hour reception.
- Private double room, air condition, private bath with hot water.
- Private single/double room with air condition and bunk beds.
- A dormroom with 4 beds and air condition.
- Private single/double room, shared bathroom with hot water.
- Private single room, shared bathroom with hot water.
- Tovels included, every 3 days new.
- Free internet on our PC or via WLAN on your netbook.
- TV, movies, WII & PS2 and books.
- Airport transfer Tocumen pick up $25, bring up $20.
- Transfer from airport / bus terminal Albrook $10.
Thank you for choosing Hostal Aleman.
We offer Airporttransfer!
C./ Anzio 56a
Panama City, Panama
Phone: 00507 68097370
Please Note: Cash only accepted as payment on arrival.
You can reach us this way:
By BUS from Terminal Albrook: Every bus who is driving to 'Panama Viejo', leave the bus at the crossing Via Cincuentenario / Via Santa Elena (Super 99).
Walk along the Cincuentenario, passing Super 99 and turn left at the next bigger road after passing the chinese restaurant 'Don Lee' and the McDonalds. Follow the street until you reach the next street and turn left. Then turn right, 100 meters further the street turns left, walk 30 meters more and you reached our hostel.
Have a nice Trip!
The staff of Hostal Aleman.
Calle Anzio 56
Click here to enlarge map
Your first impression of this hostel is when the very friendly and excited Patrick (son of the owner) picks you up from the airport. He makes you that much more excited to be there. However, other than this home turned hostel being very close to the airport (20min) and the very helpful and accommodating Patrick, it's less than exciting and far from all the sites and nightlife. And there is nothing other than 2 grocery stores in the immediate area. The private room was basic, felt more like someone's bedroom we were staying in. We did meet some nice travelers and had a BBQ together, but it's not located in a place for any sites, nightlife or restaurants. It's an hour bus ride to the main bus terminal on the most uncomfortable bus we've been on in 6 months (but you can't beat transportation for 25 cents and awesome blaring reggaetone). From there you take a taxi to other sites like Miraflores Locks (another 15 minutes) or Casco Viejo. Taxis are very expensive, better to try and find a collectivo van for $2 each. We were only there for 3 nights, so we thought it would be better to stay near the airport. I had high hopes for a big German breakfast, but we only got eggs the first day and other than that it was white bread or thin sliced German bread (yum), deli cheese and ham, coffee and juice. Regrettably, we should have stayed downtown or in Casco Viejo.
Autumn and Abe
Have you stayed here? Write a review
* The Customer Satisfaction score is based on a combination of ratings from Travellerspoint and external websites. The score of 85% for this property is based on ratings provided by 103 guests.