Knockree YH is An Oige's newest Hostel building. It re-opened in April 2008 after a total rebuild. Situated in the spectacular Glencree Valley, along the Wicklow Way route, it boasts spectacular views and a walk along the river.
Knockree hostel is located in a fabulous rural setting 7.5km from Enniskerry and 12km from Bray town in the county of Wicklow.
It is an ideal location for hillwalkers, lovers of the outdoors and activity-seekers, and makes a great escape from the hustle and bustle of city life. Families and business- people alike enjoy the relaxed, easy-going atmosphere and the scenery that makes Knockree unique. Some bedrooms have views of the amazing scenery that surrounds this hostel, most especially, our Double Deluxe Room is also dubbed 'the Honeymoon Room'.
* Hostelling International members receive a 2 discount p.p. per night on arrival on production of a valid membership card.
* You are advised to bring your own food as no shops close by and meals facilities currently limited to breakfast. Closest shop Enniskerry, 7km.
* We do not accept bookings for more than 10 people. Any such booking will be cancelled and the deposit will not be refunded.
* Our 'Family Rooms' will have at least a DOUBLE bed in the form of either: 'Houston' type bunkbed (double bottom, single on top) or a 'regular' Double bed. If you require a 3bed Family, book a 4bed then contact us directly.
* Our Double / Twin room COULD have more than 2 beds - but rest assured if you rent a Double/Twin you'll have it to yourselves! All Double/Twins will have at least a Double bed unless otherwise specified.
Reception opening hours 08:00 - 21:00, LAST CHECK-INS strictly 9pm! Ring the hostel for late arrivals.
And Don't Forget ..we now offer adventure activities in conjunction with Eco Adventure Ireland on our hostel grounds for groups including pony trekking, mountain biking, archery, low ropes, target shooting, team tasks and orienteering. We also offer ecology field study days for schools.
And if you wish to stay longer in Wicklow please visit our sister 5 star hostel in Glendalough.
April - October 07:30 - 22:30 Latest check-in 22:00
November - March 08:00 - 21:30 Latest check-in 21:00
Earliest check-in to rooms 15:30
*Children under the age of 18 years cannot be in the dormitory rooms. Families must choose private rooms for sole use if children are under 18 years - please contact the hostel if unsure.
* Minors between 16-18 years old must be accompanied by an adult, or have written permission from Parents / Guardians.
Have you stayed here? Write a review
Note: It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travellerspoint is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
Create your own travel plan and bookmark this hotel on your plan. You can even bookmark hotels found on other websites!
Do you have questions about Wicklow? You might try asking in our active travel forums and see if anyone else has been there.
Read up on what to see and do in Wicklow in the Travellerspoint guide, written by travellers for travellers.