Mango53 Inn is a backpacker's hostel in a 60+ years Taiwanese town house. It is remodeled and carefully preserved the nostalgic air of 50's-60's Taipei in the most historical area - Banka or Monga district. The hostel is surrounded by government-assigned historical sites, especially famous Longshan Temple showcasing traditional Chinese architecture and lively Buddhist-Taoist religious culture in Taipei. Here you can experience traditional religious-centric life, enjoy typical local food, and discover the beauty of 3 temple heritages, all in walking distance.
The hostel is a stone's throw away from MRT Longshan Temple Station, and Wan Hua train station. 7-11, banks, and food stands are nearby. Many sight-seeing spots such as Longshan Temple, Herbal Street, Huaxi Street night market, and Baopilio (Heritage and Culture Education Center) are within 5-minutes walking distance.
Our mission is to provide a budget accommodation for backpackers who love to explore authentic Taipei. We remodeled this prost-WWII red-brick 4-stories town house in nostalgic design to offer friendly facilities including sofa, computer, TV, guide books, kitchenette in the spacious attic as the communal area for guests to mingle with other travelers.
Other traveler-friendly amenities include:
Two out-door terraces (smoking area and laundry area)
Free Wi-Fi internet connection
Free Drinking water
Free coffee and Tea bags
Free Maps, Guide Books and Tour Desk
Free Shampoo and Shower cream
Free Luggage Storage
Public LCD TV with international TV stations
Public computer with DVD/CD Burning Facilities
24 hrs Hot Shower Water
24 hrs Air Conditioner
24 hrs Electronic Security Control without Curfew
Bed-side Reading Light with universal power outlets
Towels for hire
1. NO elevator in the hostel building. Only WW2-era steep/narrow stairways!
2. NO 24-hr reception: Front desk opens 9AM to 10PM.
3. Early check-in is possible subject to availability. Guests are welcomed to leave luggage.
4. Late check-in after 10PM requires early notice and self-check-in.
5. Shower gel and shampoo for free. Towels for hire. In-door slippers are provided.
(Monthly Rental 30 days plus OR Yearly Rental) (月租或年租)
1.Produce Valid Photographic Identification
* All guests are required to provide the hostel with their passports upon check-in for identification purposes.
*We reserve the rights to deny any guest without valid documents.
* In the event of cancellation within 48 hours prior to arrival or no show, one night charge is applicable.
*The hostel applies 24-hour securtiy control by electric security keys. All guests are required to pay key deposit in cash upon check-in. Deposit will be refunded upon check-out.
*No guests are allowed to invite non-registered guests to stay in the hostel.
* For the safety and comfortable of our general guests, we reserve the right to refuse service to guests we deem unsuitable.
4.Age and Guest Restrictions
* NO elevator in our 4-stories 50-year-old red-brick building with steep stairways. Take it into consideration before any decision, especially when you travel heavy with large luggage or travel with seniors with bad knees, kids under age of 12 years old.
* Reception opens from 9:00 to 22:00.
* Check-in time is 15:00 - 22:00. Early check-in is subject to availability of beds and cannot be guaranteed. Early-arrival guests are allowed to leave luggage.
* Late arrival after 22:00 is not acceptable unless notifying us at least 24 hours before arrival so that guests can be guided with self-check-in instruction.
* Check-out time is before 11:00 in the morning. Late check-outs are not acceptable. However, guests are welcomed to use all the facilities in the public area.
We strictly prohibit smoking on any in-door corner of the hostel. However we believe smokers will love our smoking area -- the open-air terraces on the top floor.
7. Personal Hygiene
*In-door slippers are required in the whole building. Public slippers are offered. Bring your own slippers if you care about personal hygiene issues.
*For eco-friendly concerns, we do not offer towels, teeth brush and teeth paste, please bring your own ones.
This is a Trusted Review. Why?
This was my first time to Taiwan and I was so Lucky to find Mango 53 Inn.
The staff was very friendly and so helpful. It is very close to the train station which was an extra bonus. I enjoyed hanging out with other travelers in the upstair lounge area with free coffee and tea with the nice sofas and big screen TV.
I never imagined a Hostel could be this nice. Mango 53 Inn is the BEST !
Have you stayed here? Write a review
Note: It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travellerspoint is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
Create your own travel plan and bookmark this hotel on your plan. You can even bookmark hotels found on other websites!
Do you have questions about Taipei? You might try asking in our active travel forums and see if anyone else has been there.
Read up on what to see and do in Taipei in the Travellerspoint guide, written by travellers for travellers.