I must stress here that this is my own personal opinion and my taste in places to stay may be somewhat "off".
Hotel Pension Dalila at the gates of the Medina of Fez in the neighborhood Zhoun. This board is clean and quiet just minutes from the beautiful monuments of Fez (Tombs Merinids Seffarine up, Bab or Gate R'cif R'cif madrasahs and other typical cultural tourism in Morocco). On three floors, with access to a terrace overlooking the Atlas and the Tombs Merinids Pension Dalila is simple and modern style and convinces with its cleanliness and its economical price and its accessibility to the greatest of Medina Africa. We regret that credit cards are not accepted.Method of Payment upon arrival: Cash Only!
Please note:Cancellation Policy: 1 day before arrivalCheck In: 2.00 pm Check Out: 12.00 noonMethod of Payment upon arrival: Cash Only!Taxes are includedBreakfast is not included
Bab Oued Zhoun 26 Medina
Click here to enlarge map
This is a Trusted Review. Why?
I must stress here that this is my own personal opinion and my taste in places to stay may be somewhat "off". Please consider the following:
- this hotel is far from all the touristic activities: I walked home, to Dalida, each night, at 1 or 2 am, from around Bab Boujloud (the tourist center) for about 20-30 minutes--BUT THIS IS GOOD (FOR ME)!
- however, Dalida is relatively inexpensive and a cab (small taxi, le petit taxi) to Bab Boujloud costs about 12 MAD on the meter (around 1 Euro)
- they never entered my room to clean (in 5 days), and I was happy with that. (They would clean if I had asked.)
- The room and the bathroom have some shortcomings (like, the water from the douche stays on the floor around the showering area and does not go away--I used one of the three towels to dry up the floor), but I had no complaints.
- The staff was incredibly nice, helpful and responsive. They helped me change money (in the bank, perhaps), fix my torn shoes, get a local phone card and refill it etc, basically without any request of mine (except for the shoe--and that was cheap and well done!)
For me it was an ideal place to stay. I will stay in it again when and if, inshallah, I vcome back to Fez again
Have you stayed here? Write a review
* The Customer Satisfaction score is based on a combination of ratings from Travellerspoint and external websites. The score of 84% for this property is based on ratings provided by 8 guests.