This is a Trusted Review. Why?
We had a double room with a balcony and were a bit disappointed when we first saw the hotel and the room. But felt much better after the first night as it is in a quiet neighbourhood. There is actually no garden behind the building and even though there was, you do not have access to it, so forget about it.
The room was clean overall, TV was small but we do not understand Italian anyways. We were kindly provided with a device that was supposed to give us internet access, but it was not working. We had shared bathroom and it was somewhat clean but we saw crocks once.
If you do not have very high expectations, it is a reasonable place to stay as the location is good - a few minutes walk from the metro station and the price is good compared to other places in Milano.
Have you stayed here? Write a review
Click here to enlarge map
Via G. Lulli, 18
The Hotel New Milan is a little elegant villa with 10 rooms, recently renovated, with a beautiful garden behind the building.
Situated in a strategical position, close to corso Buenos Aires and the city centre, the hotel is a contemporary, quiet and silent place situated on a side street.
Comfortable atmosphere, just right for travellers tired from a long trip. Different than a large hotel without warmth and charm. Best way to feel like your private residence at the cheapest value!
Tastefully furnished, bright and with a simple yet welcoming atmosphere like that of a private residence, the 10 rooms of New Milan hotel have all the essential facilities to ensure a comfortable stay in Milan.
Twin, double and triple room with ensuite bathrooms and without (with shared bathroom facilities on the same floor) which are ideal solution for young guests on a budget.
The bedrooms are furnished in a modern style which is enriched by colours and sober accessories, all the rooms have a practical writing desk for work and study, television, direct dial phone and air conditioning. All of which are superior comfort within Milan's one star hotel category.
parking garage at 150 meters
touristic guide + city maps
english and french are fluently spoken
Line 1 - red and line 2 - green - station "Loreto", from the square walk thrue via Porpora for 200 mts and turn right at first light (via Lulli), we are at n° 18 - Ticket cost 1,00€
Main Train Station - Centrale:
- Taxi cost € 6,50, time 6/8 min.
- Tram n° 33, in front of the station, get off at Lulli/Porpora stop (10 mts from our entrance), time approx 20 min. ticket € 1,00
- Subway line 2 - green (direction Gessate/Cologno), get off 2° station "Loreto". - see subway dir.
Porta Garibaldi Station:
- Taxi cost approx € 12,00 time 15 min.
- Tram n° 33, get off at Lulli/Porpora stop, time approx 30 min.
- Subway line 2 - green (direction Gessate/Cologno), get off 4° station "Loreto". - see subway dir.
Milano Linate Airport:
- Taxi cost € 15,00 time approx 12 min.
- Bus every 20 min from 5,40 up to 19,00 and every 30 min. from 19,00 up to 23,00, get off at "stazione centrale", ticket € 2,60. - see main train station direction.
- Bus n° 73 every 10 min. get off at the end of the line S. Babila square than take subway line 1 (direction Sesto), get off 4° station "Loreto" - see subway dir.
Milano Malpensa Airport:
- Taxi cost approx € 70/75, time 40 min.
- AIRPULMAN shuttle bus every 20 min from 5,50 to 23,20, ticket (on board) € 5,00 untill the end of the line 2stazione centrale" - see main train station direction.
- Take "Malpensa express" train, from terminal 1, every 30 min from 6,50, time 40 min, ticket € 11,00, get off at the end "stazione Cadorna" than take subway line 1 red / 2 green, get off at " Loreto".
Bergamo - Orio al Serio - Airport:
- Taxi cost approx € 80/90, time 50 min
- AUTOSTRADALE shuttle bus, every 30 min from 4,30 to 01,00 cost € 6,70, end of the line "stazione Centrale" - see main train direction.
From the motorway, take TANGENZIALE EST untill coming to "Lambrate" exit. Follow signs to the city centre and continue straight on, driving down via Rombon and via Porpora untill cross up to via Lulli (1 Km approx), turn left and you will see New Milan hotel on your left.
If you do not cancel 2 days before arrival, the first night will be charged. This also applies to 'no shows'.
A different cancellation policy will be applied during: Sept. 10th & 13th 2009 and April 13th & 18th 2010. All cancellations must be 7 days prior to arrival, otherwise the first night will be charged.
Customers can cancel their reservation free of charge up to 2 Days before arrival. After this date, charges will be applied by the property up to the full cost of the reservation. Deposits paid are non refundable.
* The Customer Satisfaction score is based on a combination of ratings from Travellerspoint and external websites. The score of 70% for this property is based on ratings provided by 26 guests.