Very good located. Receptionist Francesco is very nice and polite. Every day, they were making our beds. 200 metres far from Termini railway station where you can take many buses, both of metro lines, and many trains which go all around Italy.
Stargate is your best gateway to Italy's most magnificent city - with a perfect location in the heart of the city, with terrific rates and excellent accommodations, with superb access to all forms of transit, there's no better way to enjoy hypnotic Rome.
We are located in Rome's historic centre, right next to the main train station (Termini) and near all of the city's most important historical and touristic sites, all reachable on foot - including the Domus Aurea, the Colosseum, Santa Maria Maggiore, Trevi Fountain, Trajan's markets, The Roman Forum, Michelangelo's Moses
Stargate Hostel offers secure, inexpensive, spacious rooms of 4-6 beds.
We also provide a free maid service, free linen and blankets, TV
- Wifi internet connection* 2 For 1 Hour
- No Curfew
- No Lockout
- Safe Box
- Pub Access
- Bar (across the street)
- All non-smoking bedrooms
- Free hot showers
- Towels available for small fee
- Free city maps
- Free tourist information for all important places to visit.
- Luggage storage*
- Great walking tours
- Safe paid car parking nearby
- Supermarket around the corner, open from 08.00 am. until 20:30 pm
-For private double room under 65,00 ,private triple room under 80,00 and multiple private ensuite room under 25,00 per person, breakfast is NOT included.( breakfast is 3.00 per person per day)
-For reservations more than 4(four) nights , breakfast is included without price limit.
- We are unable to send fax letters or any kind for visa document applications to embassies and/or consulates.
- We have age limit: persons over the age of 35 and under the age of 18 are not permitted to stay in dormitory rooms. Are permitted to stay in private rooms single , double , triple etc.
- starting from the 1st of January 2011 Rome City Council will ask for a overnight accommodation tax on tourist service in the city.
This fee, 2 euros per night (10 nights maximum) per person (with the exception of children up to 10 years and in Rome residents), will be asked to anyone staying in every overnight accommodation inside Romes boundaries.
The fee, not included in hotel rate, must be paid cash at check in time.
* the service may require an additional payment
- Cancellations or alterations are only accepted via email or fax. Phone cancellations/alterations are not accepted.
- If you do not give us 72 hours notice (3 days max before arrival) of your 'no show' by e-mail / by fax, we will unfortunately have to debit your card. The amount charged will be your first night's accommodation.
- the rest is to be paid in CASH on arrival.
- Payment is in cash (Euro only) upon arrival, we do not accept credit cards.
Via Palestro 88, 4
Click here to enlarge map
Very good located. Receptionist Francesco is very nice and polite. Every day, they were making our beds. 200 metres far from Termini railway station where you can take many buses, both of metro lines, and many trains which go all around Italy. Its very close to place of the Republic, and streets where you can find shops and cafes. All in all, not bad.
VERY IMPORTANT: Breakfast was not included in price, so we were very dissapointed. It coasts 1.5 euros and you get one croissant and one cup od coffee. We didnt eat in hostel.
Have you stayed here? Write a review
* The Customer Satisfaction score is based on a combination of ratings from Travellerspoint and external websites. The score of 73% for this property is based on ratings provided by 40 guests.