Mountain Hostel Tarter, opened in November 2012, is a mountain house over 200 years, and combines traditional house style of Andorra, with all modern facilities.
Welcome to Mountain Hostel Tarter, the new hostel in Andorra, the only one at the foot of slopes of Grandvalira ski resort. Perfect for mountain sports and activities like ski, snowboarding, freeride, freestyle, and ski touring in winter season, and mountain bike downhill, mountain bike cross-country, hiking, and trail running in summer season. Open all year. We offer a cozy atmosphere, and further we are a eco-friendly hostel: we use solar energy and facilities that contribute to save energy.
Mountain Hostel Tarter, opened in November 2012, is a mountain house over 200 years, and combines traditional house style of Andorra, with all modern facilities. Newly refurbished and rehabilitated has not lost the charm of a traditional Andorra mountain house, with stone walls, slate and wood roof and a cozy fireplace. Everything is ready to offer a comfortable, practical and comfortable stay. Is a warm, friendly and family hostel that welcomes travellers from all over the world. This is a mountain hostel made for travellers by travellers.
Our facilities offered:
- Modern bathroom with toilets, showers and washbasin. They are shared and mixed, but with individual cabins, of course! We offer also toiletries and hot water 24hrs. Towels for rent for 1,5 EUR.
- Dining room with a full equipped and communal kitchen where guests can make themselves a hearty meal or quick snack. You have also vending machines for drinks and snacks, 24hrs.
- A small grocery where you can buy the ingredients in your favorite dishes, and staple things. If you don't want cook, we offer quality prepared meals.
- a very cozy living room with fireplace, sofas, poufs, television, reading, table games and free Wi-Fi, where you can relax, or surf the net in front of the fireplace.
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the hostel, also in the rooms.
- For skiers and snowboarders have boot dryer and ski storage service.
- Winter activities: skiing, snowboarding, telemark, freestyle, free ride, ski touring, snowshoeing, heliski, paragliding
- Summer activities: mountain bike downhill, cross-country mountain bike, road bike, hiking (peaks and lakes), hiking in mountain huts, trail running, via ferrata, and all mountain sports you can imagine!
- Trips, tours and mountain activities can also be booked at our receptions, so don't be afraid to ask.
- We help you organize your days in Andorra, to enjoy with good recommendations.
We have two dorm types avalilable: 4 beds and 5 beds, and can sleep a total of 40 people.
- Room for 4 people, come with two bunk beds
- Room for 5 people, com with two bunk beds and an individual bed.
In all rooms, each bed has its own reading light and socket. All rooms have heating and free wi-fi. From all our windows you can see the mountain and the sky.
Bed sheets, linen and duvet provided and all rooms come with security lockers. You will need a padlock. If you don't have padlock we can sell you one for 1,5 EUR.
Bathrooms are shared in the ground floor with shower, toilet and washbasing, with 24hr hot water.
By car: From Spain you have two ways. You can acces by the road C-145 from Lleida, or by the road C-16 from the Cadi tunnel or Puigcerdà. From the frontier between Andorra and Spain should follow the signs to France, just until the intersection of Sant Pere del Tarter on your left hand, 5.5 km from Canillo.
From France, is accessed via the N-22 across the frontier of Pas de la Casa, Andorra direction, just until the intersection of Sant Pere del Tarter on your right hand, 2.5 km from Soldeu.
NADAL – EUROLINES: Andorra - Barcelona and airport, Andorra - Toulouse Airport, Andorra - Lleida, Andorra - Valencia, Andorra - Madrid
NOVATEL (Andorra by bus): Andorra - Barcelona (airport), Andorra - Girona (airport), Andorra - Toulouse (airport)
GRUP MONTMANTELL, ALSA-SAMAR, ALSINA-GRAELLS: Andorra - Barcelona and airport, Andorra – Lleida and AVE (railway station).
HISPANO IGUALADINA: Andorra - Reus
The nearest international airports are:
Toulouse Blagnac International Airport (195 km) - France
Carcassonne International Airport (176 km) - France
Barcelona International Airport - El Prat (200 km) - Spain
International Airport Girona - Costa Brava (260 km) - Spain
Reus International Airport (240 km) - Spain
International Airport Lleida-Alguaire (150 km.) - Spain
From every airport you can get an airport express shuttle bus to Andorra. If you take the Novatel company, for a little extracharge they leave you at the hostel.
By train: The AVE Madrid-Lleida let’s get to the capital Lleida. From there, Viatges Montmantell Alsina-Graells daily link with Andorra.
On the French side, the nearest railway station is L'Hospitalet-près-l'Andorre or La Tour de Carol. Daily connections to Andorra on Andorran Hispano buses.
Please note that your booking will only be confirmed if you send the CVV code to the hostel after your booking is made.
Failing to do that will result in the cancellation of your booking.
CHECK IN ONLY FROM 17h to 21h. If you are unable to arrive within this time, please contact the hostel directly.
FROM 27/12/2013 TO 31/12/2013 (BOTH DATES INCLUSIVE) THE CANCELLATION POLICY IS 15 DAYS PRIOR TO ARRIVAL
Customers can cancel their reservation free of charge up to 2 Days before arrival. After this date, charges will be applied by the property up to the full cost of the reservation. Deposits paid are non refundable.
Sant Pere del Tarter Principat d'Andorra El Tarter
Click here to enlarge map
Have you stayed here? Write a review