Right in the heart of Old Quebec, Auberge de la Paix, founded in 1972, is the oldest youth hostel of the Old Capital, and the most convivial and affordable in the area.
A stay in the Quebec Province, may it be for holidays, for a work-and-travel opportunity or for an entire life, is not worth it, in truth, without a visit to Quebec City, the cradle of New France, the capital of French America, the oldest fortified city in North America, a place intensely rich in History...
If we only had one tip to make, it would be to come visit us! The hostel is located in the heart of the historical district, it's grooving with things to do around, there is no chance you'll get bored!
Auberge de la Paix youth hostel was founded in Quebec in 1972, mainly to provide travelers with accommodation and services at a modest cost. In 2012 it celebrated its fortieth anniversary of operation.
Like similar non-profit organizations, it came out from a wide counter-cultural movement that symbolized a way of living, learning, communicating, and opening to the world.
Its original project was also meant to express a concept that emerged long before those models. Indeed, it has certain similarities to the 'night shelter' that has not changed since the Middle Age pilgrims. In fact, at the end of their journey, tired travelers stopping at the hostel wish to rest themselves in an inviting, quiet and neat place.
Ever since, Auberge de la Paix has been increasingly popular with customers who favor social interaction with its staff members in a cool and relaxed atmosphere. Its firmly established reputation allows travelers from all over the world to appreciate its receptiveness and promptness as well as successive improvements.
Important conditions :
- You must call us the day before or on the same day if you're to arrive after 5 PM. It's especially important when the hostel is full : if you're not there and didn't call by 5 PM, we can decide to cancel the reservation to free the bed for people in the waiting list.
- We only accept cash - in canadian dollars. Traveler's checks are fine, as long as they are in canadian dollars.
- You need to pay at least for the total cost of the first night, on arrival.
- You can bring you own sheets / sleeping bag or rent the linen for 5$ (tax included) per stay (you only pay the first night). We provide pillows, of course, and towels on demand, free of charge. We also provide blankets for a single 5$ deposit per group of travelers.
- You need to provide a valid ID with photo (anything issued by an official body).
- Cancellations are accepted if made before 5 PM on the day prior the arrival date. Otherwise, the cost for the first night will be billed to you.
Also note :
- Every bed has a locker, right in the dorms. You can bring a padlock to secure your things (we also sell them if you need one).
- We have a full-equipped kitchen at your disposal. There is a common fridge to keep your foods chill, but no freezer.
- In winter season, you can bring a pair of slippers or use those we provide.
- On departure day, you need to free the room before 11 AM. You can leave your luggage at the office if you want to stay in town. You can even use the kitchen the whole day.
Have you stayed here? Write a review
Note: It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travellerspoint is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
Create your own travel plan and bookmark this hotel on your plan. You can even bookmark hotels found on other websites!
Do you have questions about Quebec? You might try asking in our active travel forums and see if anyone else has been there.
Read up on what to see and do in Quebec in the Travellerspoint guide, written by travellers for travellers.