里约热内卢 Tupiniquim Hostel
Rua Paulo Barreto, 79 Botafogo
Tupiniquim is about the experience of being in Brazil, our cook only makes regional brazilian food, our film selection has an emphasis for brazilian cult films, our music is selected among the best in Brazil, we call it 'brasilidade' in portuguese and our goal is to make you feel that by the end of your stay.
Tupiniquim is also about quality. Given the few resources that hostels usually have we make the best out of them, our customer support level is unheard of ... think of Leonidas and his 300 Spartans, they were in another league compared to the Greeks of their times, so are we in hostel management. Of course, that does not mean we are by all means perfect, it means that we improve by the minute, we have been like that for the last 9 years.
I mean, are you really willing to pay up to double the price so you can stay in some dumb-dirty hostel just because it is like 100 meters nearer ipanema beach ?? ... we are at a 5 min. bus ride from a really nice-not-overcrowded beach but we are light years ahead the vast majority of the hostels in terms of service, staff, personality, fun, etc ...
Perharps you are willing to stay on just another hostel full of europeans, americans, aussies and israelis ?? no ?? yes ?? ... what if you could stay in a place where 60 % of the guests are brazilians ?? then you would get a real experience WITHIN the hostel, wouldnt that be bloody cool ??
My friend, half of the hostels in Rio are complete crap and most of the other half are just dumb-nothing-to-do-except-for-sleeping places ... so you think you are pretty smart by booking a place 5-10 reals cheaper ?? a place with triple bunks, 12 + people dorms, thin mattresses, lousy breakfast, no bar, no fun ??
... Tupiniquim is for sure the most original hostel in rio de janeiro - (O Globo Newspaper Review in feb. 2008) ... you are not staying in just another hostel, this is a really different hostel ...
We accept visa, mastercard and american express !!!
Free WIFI for all our guests
Free pool table
Free TV / DVD room
Free Brazilian style breakfast: 08-10 am
- multi-lingual staff: Portuguese, English, Spanish, French, Italian, Hebrew ...
- 24 hour reception ...
- Free WiFi if you prefer (speed according to your wifi setup, up to 50 Mbps) ...
- air conditioning in all rooms (from 08 PM till 10 AM)...
- security lockers big enough for your backpacks (1 x 1 x 0,50 meters each)
- bar and chilling area with a gorgeous view from the Christ ...
- Our TV room has a massive 55'' LCD in which you can enjoy cable tv (with all your favorites shows) and more than 400 films, all free of charge ...
- Pool table
- central location from all major attractions:
3 min. subway (one station) to Copacabana Beach
10 min. bus to Lapa, Domestic Airport (Santos-Dumont) and all the Historical Downtown of Rio
15 min. bus to Lagoa, Botanical Garden and the Sugar Loaf Mountain
15 min. subway (4 stations) to Ipanema Beach
20 min. bus to the Statue of Christ the Redeemer
20 min. bus to Ipanema Beach
25 min. subway to the Maracana Stadium (temple of football in Rio)
30 min. bus to the Central Bus Station (Rodoviaria)
40 min. bus or taxi to the International Airport (Galeao)
- All rooms (except for 2 6-people shared bathroom) have their own bathroom and there are shared bathrooms in the 2nd. and 3rd. floor if you are in a hurry ...
- spacious rooms with extra big windows for maximum ventilation (except for 1 windowless shared room, but this got extra air conditioning: 6 PM to 12 pm ...
- solid-noble-wood double bunks with plenty of space (1 meter) between each bed ... I said double and not triple bunks :)
- 17 cm high and 120 kg resistant, comfortable, brand-new mattresses (and not those cheap and dirty ones you see in many hostels)
- 6 double, triple or quadruple private rooms ...
- free bedsheets and blankets
- free brazilian style breakfast (08:00 to 10:00)
- fully equipped backpackers kitchen where you can fully use all things (except for the fridge)
- luggage room ( in case you check out and want to hang around)
- plenty of space in our terrace with it's bbq area and Christ the Redeemer view ...
- lots of the most popular board games such as: chess, backgammon, checkers, risk, domino, cards, etc ...
- multicultural library to understand rio de janeiro and brazil
- all the travel info you might possibly need
- car parking (third party) available near the hostel
- taxes included
- no minimum or maximum stay (except for New Year's Eve, Carnival or Olympic Games)
- no lockout or curfew
General Policies for New Years Eve, Carnival & Olympic Games:
** Minimum Stay: 3 nights (5 nights for Carnival)
** Payment Method: Credit Card or wire transfer.
** Payment policy: 50% in advance is required. After your booking is confirmed by hostelworld.com, you will be contacted to proceed and arrange the payment method. Failure to complete the payment in 5 working days will result in cancellation of your booking.
** Cancellation Policy: Non Refundable
** No-Show Policy: It will be charged the remaining due at check in
Please consider that only for those special dates and after you have made your Hostelworld Reservation (which is 20 %), we will contact you to further pay another 30 % (by credit card or Western Union Transfer) prior to arrival (unfortunately it has to be done after the initial reservation because we cannot do it within Hostelworld) ... also consider that this is non-refundable ... we take all these precautions because loads and loads of people ask for these specific periods and we cannot afford to have people 'not showing up'