Hotel 140 is conveniently situated in the Back Bay neighborhood of Boston, perfectly located for both business and leisure travelers.
Hotel 140, Boston's new boutique hotel opened June 1, 2005. Our unique hotel offers a central Boston location, 55 contemporary rooms with high-tech amenities, fitness & business centers and the Stuart Street Grill. A short subway or taxi ride will take you to the Museum of Fine Arts, Symphony Hall, Boston's Freedom Trail and several Boston-area universities.
Hotel 140 is conveniently situated in the Back Bay neighborhood of Boston, perfectly located for both business and leisure travelers. We are within blocks of architectural treasures at Copley Square and the Boston Public Library, up-scale shopping on Newbury Street or Copley Place, Boston's theater district and the South End's hip dining and nightlife.
In just three sips of a latte, you can walk out our doors and breeze into your Back Bay morning meeting, commune with history in Copley Square, seek, buy and be seen on Boston’s chic Newbury Street.
After a long day of business or leisure, our guests enjoy stunning downtown views and a cup of tea or coffee, newspaper and complimentary high-speed internet access.
Convenience and quality at a price you wouldn't expect in Boston's Back Bay.
Hotel 140 is located in the nation's first headquarters of the YWCA. The historic building at 140 Clarendon Street, Boston, MA is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and has been a Boston landmark since it was built in 1929.
After a complete renovation in 2005, the building now offers a unique combination of facilities:
The Lyric Stage Company of Boston
YWCA of Greater Boston
Stuart Street Grill
Josef’s Flower Shop
From Logan International Airport:
1. Head north 236 ft
2. Turn left toward Hotel Dr 0.2 mi
3. Continue straight 0.1 mi
4. Turn left at Hotel Dr 0.2 mi
5. Turn right at Harborside Dr 0.2 mi
6. Turn right at Jeffries St
Toll road 0.2 mi
7. Take the ramp onto I-90 W
Partial toll road 1.6 mi
8. Take exit 24 to merge onto I-93 N 2.5 mi
9. Take exit 26 toward Storrow Dr 62 ft
10. Keep right at the fork to continue toward Charles St/Leverett Cir/Massachusetts 3A N 0.6 mi
11. Slight right at Charles St/Leverett Cir/Massachusetts 3A N
Continue to follow Massachusetts 3A N 0.3 mi
12. Slight right at Charlesbank Rd/Embankment Rd/MA-28 S
Continue to follow MA-28 S 0.6 mi
13. Turn left at Beacon St 128 ft
14. Take the 1st right onto Arlington St 0.3 mi
15. Turn right at St James Ave 0.2 mi
16. Turn left at the 2nd cross street onto Clarendon St
Destination will be on the right 489 ft
140 Clarendon StBoston, MA 02116
140 Clarendon Street