Mae Hong Son Northern Hill Guest House
339 Moo 1. Soppong
Pangmapa; a small district of Mae Hong Son, Northern Thailand. It located between Mae Hong Son and Pai district. Norhern Hill guest house far from Mae Hong Son district 64 Km (take time almost 2 hrs) and far from Pai district for 46 Km (almost 1 hr). We located 1 km from bus station.
At Northern Hill Guest House you’ll experience being in the midst of natural beauty and peace on the slopes of Pangmapa, Mae Hong Son. You’ll feel the cool morning mist and enjoy visiting many exotic caves such as Tham Lod, Tham Pi Man, and Tham Mae La-na. You’ll see hill tribe villages located in green valleys where you can view their unique way of life.
Northern Hill Guest House offers comfortable, furnished rooms for rent complete with hot water showers. We also have facilities for camping and Thai cuisine at our fine restaurant. All of this is provided in a warm atmosphere and friendly services.
<< Attractions >>
- Temples: Wat Phra Thart Doi Kong Mu, Wat Chong Khum, Wat Chong Klang, and Wat Hua Wiang; Singhanatraja statue
- Park and nature: Tham Pla (Fish cave), Pha Sua waterfall and Pha Bong Dam; Villages and hill tribe cultures: Ban Nam Phiang Din and Ban Nai Soi (village of the long- neck hill tribe), and Ban Rak Thai (village of mountain Chinese). Ban Raum Thai (wonderful scenery)
Khun Yuam district:
- Temples: Wat Muai Tor and Wat Tor Phae
- Park and nature: Wild- Sunflower mountain at Doi Mae U- Kho, Mae Surin Waterfall, Mae Yuam Luang waterfall, and Mae U-Kho waterfall.
- Temples: Wat Nam Hu, Wat Phra Thart Mae Yen
- Park and nature: Mo Paeng waterfall, Tha Pai Hot spring, Mae Ping Karen village, Huay nam dung national park
Mae Sa Riang District:
- Temples: Wat Saen Thong, Wat Uttayarom, Wat Sri Bun Ruang, Wat Phra Thart Jom Mon
- Park and nature: Wild- Sunflower field at Doi Mae Ho, Salawin National Park
- Sop Moei district: Mae San Laep and Mae Ngao National Park
Pangmapa district: Lod Cave and other caves, Hill tribe village
From Chiangmai there are several routes to reach Northern Hill Guest House.
If you want to travel Pai –Pangmapa and amphur Muang Maehongson, the Northern route
- the northern route (recommended): from amphur Muang Chiangmai you can drive through amphur Maerim towards amphur Maetang (highway 107). At the junction in Maemalai take the turn towards amphur Pai (highway 1095). After you reach Pai continue along this road until Northern Hill Guest House, before Pangmapa bus station 1 Km. The distance from Chiangmai by this road is 178 Km. It will take 4-6 hr to drive. You can also use public transportation. There are bus and minibus departing Chiangmai Arcade to Pangmapa at 7, 8, 9. 10.30 am and 12.30pm, 2 pm.
If you want to travel Maehongson province as a loop (Chiangmai-Maesariang-Maelanoi-Khunyuam-amphur Muang Maehongson-Pangmapa-Pai) you may start from southern route
- the southern route: from amphur Muang Chiangmai you can take highway 108 pass through amphur Hangdong towards amphur Hod. At amphur Hod, take the turn towards amphur Maesariang (continuing on highway 108) and continue through amphur Khuyuam, Muang Maehongson, to Pangmapa. The distance is 416 km.
If time and convenience are your priority, we would like to suggest you take a flight to Muang Maehongson. The flight from Chiangmai to Maehongson takes only 30 minutes (Thai International Airways) or fro Bangkok to Maehongson (PB Air). From Maehongson you can travel to Pangmapa by public transportation, or car rent. The distance is 64 km, take time 90 minutes.