北京 Beijing Leo Courtyard
Zhushikouxi Dajie Shanxixiang22 Xicheng District
As per hostel's rules, we could not offer dorm beds to Chinese citizens. Please do not book dorm room, otherwise, your online reservation will be deem to an invalid one. Private rooms are still available for Chinese citizens. Thanks for your understanding.
Ni hao and welcome! Why stay here and what we offer:
1) Just 10-15 minutes walk from city-center, Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City and subway.
2) Historic - famous, beautiful 350 year old 2-storey courtyard
3) Budget hostel, offering basic rooms at a cheap price.
4) Tours & tickets - including the famous Leo Secret Great Wall tour.
5) Travel comforts: Bar/restaurant, Leo Movie World, free WIFI/internet & more
The Leo Courtyard is much more than just a hostel with a great location. This famous Ming/Qing Dynasty courtyard has over 350 years of history and is a government protected structure. It is a main feature of all historic tours in the area, with visitors (non-guests) having to pay an entrance fee. The courtyard is most famous for being a former socialising venue for Beijing's rich elite, and sometimes even the emperor himself. In the evenings, hostesses would serve traditional meals and drinks, with musicians & performers in the background.
The courtyard is also famous for its romantic love story, where the famous General Cai-E and the beautiful hostess Xiao-Feng-Xian first met and fell in love. In fact, their love story is so famous that even a national TV series has been made about it!
The Leo Courtyard is now open for guests to stay. So during your stay in Beijing, don't just stay in a normal hostel, come join us and soak up the ancient atmosphere, and have a truly historic stay!
The Leo Courtyard is the larger sister hostel of the well-known nearby Leo Hostel (recommended by the Lonely Planet for over 4 years now). Our location is a short walk from Tiananmen Square and the subway. We are located in a hutong (ancient streets) area, with a residential quarter and market quarter, so there's lots to see and do (we can give you a free local area map when you arrive). We are a large hostel with lots of space to spread out, so it is quite a relaxed atmosphere amongst our guests - ideal to 'take a break from travelling' and lounge around with other guests. Having said that, with our famous Leo Movie World (hundreds of classic and new movies to watch) and our bar/restaurant (with beer/cocktail specials), there's also a chance to meet new friends and make your own party!
As we are a large hostel, we are one of the cheapest hostels in the area, offering basic and standard budget rooms, and discounts can also be offered to long term guests. Please read about our facilities & services below and then take a look at our photos to get a feel of the hostel. We hope to see you very soon for a truly historic stay!
Facilities & Services:
- Restaurant / Bar with western & Chinese food (veggies welcome)
- Sunny DVD lounge (the Leo Movie World - offering the best movie database in China ;)
- Pool Table, Foosball Table, Darts, Playstation, chess & bar games etc
- FREE Wi-Fi & internet computers - good signal throughout hostel, facebook usually openable!
- Beijing tours & Tibet tour service - including the famous Leo Secret Great Wall tour - escape the crowds!
- Information zone, lots of travel info, with travel maps of Beijing, China and the world to help you plan your travels
- Plane & train ticket-booking service
- Forward hostel booking service - book your next hostel with us and we'll try our best arrange a free pick-up!
- Laundry service
- Bike hire service
- Telephone call facilities
- Airport pick up and transfer service
- Library & Beijing listings magazines - find those sports bars and local events!
- FREE luggage storage
- FREE security lockers for dorm rooms (our guesthouse has 24 hour CCTV camera security)
- FREE local area & subway map, showing banks, post offices, supermarkets, bus stops, & much much more...
- FREE Chinese language guide - you can practice with our staff
- FREE parties & events.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Leo Courtyard staff