‘Chern’ is Thai for ‘invite’. Yes, we obviously want to invite you to stay at our hostel. But there’s more to it than that. From the beginning, we would like to offer you a memorable stay with us as part of your trip. At our hostel, we will provide you with ample opportunity to learn about our rich cultural heritage. That’s right, we want to ‘chern’ you to come and learn about our Thai culture at Chern Hostel.
Chern is situated in Sao Ching Cha area, which is a more preserved and peaceful area than the fast-pacing metropolitan side of Bangkok.
Having said that, Chern is easy to get to. It's only fifteen minutes from the skytrain network. Food lovers – either those enjoying epicurean establishments or roadside hashery, can wander around blindfolded and still find oneself a pretty good meal. It is about ten minutes to several tourist attractions such as the Wat Phrakaew Temple, Khao Sarn Road, so you are close enough to the cheering crowd but still enjoy enough distance from it to get yourself a good sleep.
One of the most interesting ways to learn about a culture is through idioms and proverbs. That’s why you will find them along the walls, next to bunk beds, and other unexpected places in this hostel. From these phrases, you may come to learn how Buddhism plays a big part in the Thai society or how often animals are referenced. Years ahead, you may forget the elephants you saw; but you will definitely remember the elephants in the idiom.
1. Check in from 2pm and check out until 12noon.
2. Cash is the only accepted payment upon arrival.
3. A 3-day advance notice is required for cancellation free of charge.
4. For the comfort and safety of everyone and to comply with the Thai law, we operate a non – smoking policy throughout Chern Hostel. Smoking is prohibited in all bedrooms and dormitory rooms. We provide a smoking area near a security desk at the entrance of the hostel.
5. A safe deposit box in every private room for keeping your valuables.
6. In the dormitory rooms, a locker is provided for each guest to put luggage or belongings in. Please bring your own lock pad.
Haben Sie hier übernachtet? Einen Testbericht verfassen
Notiz: Es ist die Verantwortung der Hotelkette und/oder der individuellen Unterkunft für die Richtigkeit der angezeigten Bilder zu sorgen. Travellerspoint ist nicht verantwortlich für Unstimmigkeiten auf den Fotos.