Alba is a family run guesthouse in the city centre of Reykjavik, only minutes walk from the Fly bus terminal and within easy walking distance of the local attractions. The guesthouse has 10 rooms with shared facilities. Bikes for rent available from the guesthouse
The word Alba means morning light, the light at dawn. Opened in June 2004, the 10-bedroom guesthouse offers modern conveniences, including wi-fi internet access, free of charge. Breakfast is included in the rate.
The house was originally built in 1944 as a family home for the grandparents of the guesthouse’s current owner.
It was completely renovated before its opening as a guesthouse and the garden was also extensively remodelled.
Alba guesthouse offers 10 rooms with shared facilities, including 3 family rooms that can accommodate up to 5 people. The rooms have twin or double beds and a sink.
Alba Guesthouse is located in central Reykjavík between Miklabraut and Bustadavegur.
In a quiet residential area called Hlidar, Alba Guesthouse is central to the Pearl Restaurant and Hallgrimskirkja, the highest church tower in Reykjavik.
Within walking distance are the city’s museums, galleries, shops and restaurants.
Arriving by car from the international airport.
From the airport take the main road to Reykjavik, name is Reykjanesbraut and is no 41
- Stay on that road, ca 25-35 minutes on the way to Hafnarfjordur first town on the way.
- Always follow Reykjavik, but at a roundabout in Hafnarfjordur you have 2 options for Reykjavik
- From there you follow Reykjavik road no 40
- Drive through Hafnarfjordur and Gardabaer, on road 40
- You will soon drive through very short tunnels in the village of Kopavogur
- You are on Kringlumyrarbraut
- Stay left; take first possible turn to the left, just after the first traffic lights after the tunnels
- After the left turn you are on the street Hamrahlid
- Drive to the roundabout, speed limit 30 KM on Hamrahlid
- Take 2nd exit out of the roundabout, you are then on Eskihlid also 30 KM speed limit
- Alba is the last house on that street to your right.