With our 8+ years of experience, we are very well established in Beijing & well-known throughout China. We are also continuously listed in several well-known travel guides - you can find some quotes below.
With our 8+ years of experience, we are very well established in Beijing & well-known throughout China. We are also continuously listed in several well-known travel guides - you can find some quotes below...
Lonely Planet China:
'Popular and ever busy, it's best to phone ahead to book a room at this bargain hostel tucked away down Dazhalan Xijie. It has an attractive interior courtyard... a lively bar and a fine location. Employees at reception make solid efforts at wooing international backpackers.'
(this is an edited extract, as our rooms and courtyard have been renovated recently!)
Rough Guide China:
'Big, well-run hostel, 10 minute's walk from Tiananmen
Square, with a bar, pool table, movie lounge & free maps.
It's on the bustling pedestrianized Dazhalan street. It's easy to find. A leafy & attractive courtyard...'
Welcome to the Leo Hostel, Beijing's best choice for budget accommodation. Thanks to loyal support from our customers over the years, we were able to completely renovate the hostel in 2012. We hope we can now offer the best stay yet!
We are one of Beijing's most popular hostels, with a reputation of friendliness and fun. Please read below to find out more... :)
Best location: We are one of the most central hostels in Beijing, only 5-10 minutes walk from Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City, and the Qianmen bus & subway center.
There is no problem taking transportation to anywhere you want to go in Beijing. We can provide you with a free bus and subway map when you arrive. Please see our map (in the picture section) and compare our location carefully with the other hostels. We are also located in a great hutong market street (see below for more details!).
Budget beds: We are a large hostel that can accommodate more than 100 guests. We have a wide range of accommodation types to suit all levels of budget, and further discounts can also be offered to long-term guests and tour groups.
Great tours: We have a wide selection of great tours, including the Great Wall, Acrobatics, Kung Fu, & Beijing Opera. We also have some special Leo Hostel tours, like our very popular Secret Great Wall tour, where you will be the only ones on the wall. We also arrange Lhasa/Tibet tours, permits and tickets.
Great service: We are a very friendly, family-run hostel, with helpful, English-speaking staff that care. The management and staff have many years experience catering towards foreign customers, so our guests are sure to feel right at home :)
- FREE luggage storage
- FREE security lockers for dorm rooms (big enough for laptops etc - our hostel also has 24 hour CCTV camera security)
- FREE local area map, showing banks, post offices, supermarkets, bus stops, subways, and more...
- FREE local newspaper & Beijing information magazines - letting you know what is happening around Beijing right now
- FREE Chinese language guide - made by us to help you speak a little Chinese during your stay, and our staff can help you practice.
- Facilities & Services...
- Large, friendly bar & restaurant, with western & Chinese food menu (vegetarians welcome!)
- Probably China's largest movie database, with a wide selection of classic & latest movies (with english subtitles and without skipping ;)
- Laundry service
- Bike hire service
- Book exchange/sale, some *new edition* Lonely Planet China books available.
- Pool table
- Plane, train ticket-booking & tibet permit service, and advice on getting to international destinations, such as Mongolia, Hong Kong, and Vietnam.
- Forward hostel booking service for other popular hostels in China (and we also can arrange for them to pick you up direct from the station)
- Airport pick up and transfer
We have a prized location inside the famous Da Zha Lan hutong market streets, with over 600 years of history. The Da Zha Lan hutong markets are filled with bustling character, with interesting shops, restaurants and stalls, leading right up to Tiananmen Square itself. You can also visit the nearby Qianmen shopping street, newly modernized with brand-name stores. Day or night, there is always something interesting to do or see in our area!
The Leo Hostel is a traditional Chinese hutong hostel, beautifully decorated with traditional furniture and fittings. As an escape from the busy market streets outside, inside the hostel are several peaceful, green seating areas, where you can relax with a good book or quietly socialist with friends.
Along with the normal Beijing tours, we also have some special Leo Hostel tours. Our Secret Wall tour is very popular. You will be the only ones there and you will see the Wall in its most natural form, without cable-cars or sellers chasing you along the wall! You will also have the chance to visit a local village for a delicious traditional meal. We also offer special Leo Hostel tours to Beijing beauty spots, where you can climb mountains, drift through natural gorges, go horse-riding, try bungee jumping, see ice-sculptures, go ski-ing, and more. And if you want to make your own private tour, we can arrange transportation for you.
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY GUESTS WITH ACTUAL PASSPORT AND CHINESE VISA CAN STAY HERE. WE CANNOT ACCEPT COPIES. PLEASE BOOK AS EARLY AS YOU CAN.
CHINESE GUESTS CANNOT STAY IN DORM ROOMS. IF YOU ARE TRAVELING WITH CHINESE FRIENDS YOU WILL NEED TO BOOK A PRIVATE ROOM.
A Lai Ke Zhan, 52 Da Zha Lan Xi Jie Qianmen
Klik hier om de kaart te vergroten
Ben je hier geweest? Schrijf een recensie
* De Klanttevredenheid score is gebaseerd op een combinatie van ratings afkomstig van Travellerspoint en externe websites. De score 81% voor deze accommodatie is gebaseerd op beoordelingen door 43 gasten.
Aan het laden ...