The hotel is located in a historical spot: this is where the natural scientist Alexander von Humboldt lived until his death.
The hotel is located in a historical spot: this is where the natural scientist Alexander von Humboldt lived until his death. The vibrant neighbourhood around Oranienburger Strasse, with the Postfuhramt, the Hackesche Hoefe, the Tacheles art gallery and many other points of interest, is well-known for its multitude of cafes, galleries, restaurants, bars, clubs and shops. This is where Berlins heart beats and invites you to stroll, browse and party. Whether you are looking at a retrospective exhibition at the C/O Berlin, enjoying the last rays of sun in the Monbijoupark, wandering across the Museums Island or shopping in one of the countless stores, the lively neighbourhood captures you with its charm.
If it gets too boring around Oranienburger Strasse which we honestly cannot imagine - you can quickly escape to anywhere you like thanks to the hotels great location: catch the M1 and M6 trams as well as the S1 and S2 urban trains right in front of the MEININGER Humboldthaus and reach almost any place in town in the shortest of times: for example the upmarket shopping paradise Friedrichstrasse with Gendarmenmarkt and Checkpoint Charly in one minute, Brandenburger Tor and the Reichstag in three and Potsdamer Platz in five minutes.
Its location surely makes the MEININGER Berlin Mitte special: the natural scientist, explorer, volcanologist, oceanographer and astronomer lived his last eleven years in the exact same spot where the MEININGER Humboldthaus is found today. Our hotel preserves the spirit of the universal genius and transports it to our times, integrating the creative energy of the neighbourhood: all of our 118 rooms are individually designed by DaWanda artists; each of them is unique. Each floor has a theme based on one of Humboldts fields of work: nature, freedom, truth. There are references to his numerous expeditions and discoveries all over the house; comic strips about Humboldt drawn by Cuban artists were printed on wallpaper for the public areas.
There is free WiFi in the lobby and the public zones. It is up to you whether you want to put your feet up in the lounge, prepare a wonderful dinner in the guest kitchen, do your washing or meet your new friends for a chat in the courtyard. Drinks are available at the hotel bar, as are sandwiches, muffins, cookies and other snacks.
Our guests sleep in single, double, multi-bed or dorm rooms. Bed linen is included. All rooms have an ensuite bathroom with a shower and toilet as well as a television. On the fifth floor you can find the MEININGER Humboldthaus gallery rooms over two storeys: the beds are upstairs, the sofa, the writing desk and the bathroom are downstairs and the view of Berlin comes for free.
Our young, multilingual team is available for you 24 hours a day. We look forward to meeting you at the Humboldthaus MEININGER in Berlin Mitte!
Credit cards accepted
Shortly our offers:
- Centrally located and good travel connections
- 24-hour reception and check-in; no closing times
- Rooms ready for occupation at 3pm
- All-You-Can-Eat breakfast buffet for only 5,90 Euros
- Bed linen included
- Towles in private rooms included, in dorms for fee at 1 Euro
- Late Check Out: per room 10 Euros (until 2pm)
- Rooms with shower, WC, flatscreen television
- Key-card lock system to assure your safety and security
- Parking spaces (for a fee) reservation is not possible
- Guest kitchen for free use
- M-Cafe Bar
- Free luggage storage room and lockers
- Internet terminals (for a fee)
- Free W-LAN
- Washing machine and dryer (for a fee)
- Non-smoking Hotel
- Multilingual staff
- Pets: per animal und per day 10 Euros
- Tax and service included
- Credit cards accepted
- minimum age for staying in a dorm: 18 years
Earliest check in time is 3pm on arrival date for all Meininger properties. Of course guests can arrive before 3pm and leave their bags in our luggage room if required.
BOOKING FOR INDIVIDUAL TRAVELLERS
Please note the cancellation policy for the following dates:
Cancellations received 0 to 21 days prior to arrival or in case of No Show will be charged 100 % of the total reservation amount. The total price of the reservation will be charged 21 days prior arrival and it is non-refundable.
BOOKING FPR GROUPS OF 12 OR MORE
1. Bookings for groups of 12 or more: cancellations made by the guest respectively on the part of the intermediary person or organisation are free of charge up to 60 days before expected arrival. For cancellations made within 60 days prior to arrival, the following cancellation fees apply; these fees also apply for bookings made within 60 days of expected arrival:
a) For cancellations made 59 to 30 days before expected arrival, 30 per cent of the agreed-upon total price will be due.
b) For cancellations made 29 to 10 days before expected arrival, 50 per cent of the agreed-upon total price will be due.
c) For cancellations made 9 to 1 day(s) before expected arrival, 90 per cent of the agreed-upon total price will be due.
d) Guests who either cancel on the day of their expected arrival or simply do not show up will be charged the agreed-upon
total price in full.
Above cancellation conditions also apply if the number of persons is reduced at least 10 per cent within this period of time. A
reduction of less than 10 per cent is free of charge until 1 day prior to arrival.
2. Booked meals can be cancelled free of charge until 8 days prior to arrival. Thereafter, a cancellation fee of 100 per cent of the
agreed-upon total price applies.
Klik hier om de kaart te vergroten
Ben je hier geweest? Schrijf een recensie
* De Klanttevredenheid score is gebaseerd op een combinatie van ratings afkomstig van Travellerspoint en externe websites. De score 85% voor deze accommodatie is gebaseerd op beoordelingen door 125 gasten.
Aan het laden ...