Visit the Pont-du-Gard. Free guided tour led by Martin along the ruins of the old aqueduct to the Pont-du-Gard! Conservative method (by bike or car): Go down to main highway, turn left and head toward Remoulins.
South of France, quiet stone village, around the corner from the village patisserie; Hiking trails surround the village, river w/swimming/canoeing, it is a 40min walk to the Roman aqueduct bridge the Pont du Gard. Uzes has a wonderful its open-air market nearby;Arles and Avignon are 30 minutes away.
Things to do in or near the village:
Vers is a village made of stone houses on a hill surrounded by vineyards and orchards. Pop: 1800
Visit the Pont-du-Gard. Free guided tour led by Martin along the ruins of the old aqueduct to the Pont-du-Gard! Conservative method (by bike or car): Go down to main highway, turn left and head toward Remoulins. Within a quarter of a mile will be a round-a-bout with entrance to park at the Pont du Gard. Locals park on the highway at no charge. This aqueduct bridge is so amazing that as soon as Napolean saw it he started its restoration. The French government has been putting money into it ever since. Go down below the bridge and have a picnic next to the river.
Adventurous method: (40 min on foot) Find the men playing boules in the town square. Notice the public restrooms across the street. Turn to the right and follow that street/road out of town toward the main highway and Remoulins. You will pass a natural fountain on the left (fill water bottles because it is a fountain of youth!). Keep going down to the main highway. Go straight across the highway and follow paved road past the round-a-bout. Follow the road up the hill. You will see aqueduct ruins. Check them out. Follow the ruins and turn left as they end. Follow the trail. If you seem lost keep going; the canyon is on your right with the bridge coming up!
*Walk to the cave wine co-op (10 min).
* Walk to stone quarries (15 min).
*Walk to Castillon (25 min).
* Visit Uzes farmers' market on Saturday morning. (10 min by car)
* Trip to Arles: (40 Min by car). Place where Van Gogh lived and painted. Trip to Nimes: (30 min by car): see Roman stadium, festivals.Trip to Avignon (30 min by car) art exhibitions, music, festivals, Palace of the Popes.
* Walk to the Gordon River (20 min).
* Bike ride to Argilliers, a neighboring village. Bikes available
Go to the Uzes farmers' market on a Saturday morning.
WE ARE SITUATED 28 KM FROM AVIGNON.
* Go for a walk all around village until you have found the following: town square: stone sculpture of thinker, men playing boules, place to hand wash your clothes (fountain), pedestrian path leading from square past gardens and huge estate owned by the English, path ending at amazing cemetery (go in and check it out). There are three naturally occurring fountains in or around the village. A patisseries, bar with pool table and soccer pinball, beauty salon, town library, elementary school, post office, pharmacy, doctor, dentist and masseuse offices, tabac, soccer field, and a wine co-op are all available.
To get here, you may fly direct to airports in Nimes (closest), or Avignon. If you are in Paris, go to Gare de Lyon and take the TGV train to Avignon TGV. You can rent a car at the Avignon TGV train station.
Driving from Avignon, follow the signs to NIMES until you see signs for Pont du Gard. Follow Pont du Gard signs to Pont du Gard Rive Gauche, then signs to VERS, one kilometer past the Pont du Gard. From the A-9 auto route take the Remoulins exit, and follow signs to Pont du Gard Rive Gauche and Vers.
To use the bus to get here from Avignon, take a short bus ride to Avignon's other train station, the Gare Avignon SNCF. Find the main entrance to the station, and turn to the right as you exit. Keep going past the entrance to the Hotel Obis, down the escalator across the street to the bus station entrance. Look at the schedule on the wall to find when the bus to the Pont du Gard leaves (noon and 5pm) and from what platform to wait. Put your luggage in the side door of the bus and pay the driver when you get on. Your stop is the village of Vers, the next stop after the Pont du Gard stop, which is right after Remoulins. The bus journey is 30 minutes from Avignon.
16 route de Castillon
Clique aqui para ampliar o mapa
Já alguma vez ficou alojado aqui? Escrever uma avaliação
* A pontuação de Satisfação dos Clientes é baseada nas pontuações combinadas da Travellerspoint e de sites externos. A pontuação atribuída 92% a este alojamento é baseada nas pontuações dadas por 26 hóspedes.