Berga Hostel Arderico
Mas Arderico s/n
Observação: é responsabilidade da rede de hotéis e/ou do estabelecimento garantir a exatidão das fotos exibidas. O Travellerspoint não é responsável por qualquer inexatidão das fotos.
Ardericó is a country-house that was first named in the 16th century.
In its flourishing times there were twenty adult men working on the farm, and the whole valley was deforested for potatoes, cabbage-fields and pastures for cows. Destroyed and rebuilt in the second Carline war (1870) it was gradually abandoned in 1950 like most of the isolated farms in the Pyrenees.
A chain of coincidences – perhaps its unique location has to do with it – made sure the house didn't collapse. For the last two years I have been recovering the house and running it as a mountain-hut and a camping-place.
All the basic needs (water, light, heating, sanitary) are available, but it is not a luxury hotel.
The distance to the nearest village is 11km, in the kettle-shaped valley with several ecosystems according to the orientation: Beech Woods on the north side, Oakwood’s on the Southside, in between and on the heights pine forest, the recovered fauna, the silence of an eagle cry, the poetry of a red rock in the morning, an unexpected snowstorm in June, a never before seen orchid are the strengths and the luxury of Ardericó.
Mountain huts are a very specific type of lodging because of their situation and difficulty of access.
- The mountain huts are conceived as a sportive installation: respect the quiet hours for who wants to get up early
- You are expected to arrive before dark or in summer before 19h00. Dinner is usually served around 20h00 and you should warn if you can’t arrive on time, if not emergency services might be alerted
- The menu is standard: everybody eats the same. If you have nutritional problems (celiac, diabetics, vegetarians), please let it know long before arriving
- You should carry a pair of comfortable shoes or slippers and leave your trekkers when arriving at the mountain hut
- The bedrooms do not open till dinner time
- Electricity and water are often difficult to obtain: respect the indications of the guard. It’s your own responsibility to drink water of the fountains and taps
- Carry a battery light for nightly moves
- Coming from the “civilization”, you probably have more information about the weather then the guards do, but you can prefer to trust their sixth sense. As there is no litter recollection, as a general rule you have to carry yours back to the village
Go to Barcelona (BCN), Girona (GIR) or Carcassonne.
BCN to La Pobla de Lillet (link).
Minibus or Taxi: up to 8 persons, from the airports go to La Pobla de Lillet, more or less 1€/km.
Go to La Pobla de Lillet.
4x4: La Pobla de Lillet to Ardericó (11km/45min)
4x4 Taxi: up to 4 persons, La Pobla de Lillet to Ardericó, more or less 40€.
Mountain Bike: La Pobla de Lillet to Ardericó (11km/1h30).
Walking: La Pobla de Lillet to Ardericó (8km/2h)
Já alguma vez ficou alojado aqui? Escrever uma avaliação