Tipperary Fairy Fort Farm Hostel
O'Donnell's Farm Summerhill, Borrisoleigh
Obs: Det åligger hotellkedjan och/eller enskilda egendom för att säkerställa riktigheten av de foton som visas. Travellerspoint ansvarar inte för eventuella felaktigheter i bilderna.
' FairyFort ' O'Donnell Blue Star, Traditional Farm Hostel which is situated on a small farm at Curraghgraigue, Summerhill, Borrisoleigh, is a variety of accommodations including a new bungalow with en-suite, private rooms, some with double bed and some with single beds. Also, large 6 bed family room, mix dorm, etc .
There is also a charming little 'love nest', an old style whitewashed farm cottage which has been extensively renovated with all mod cons. It combines the best of the old with modern cooking, comfortable Double bed and is a good place for some peace and quiet. Also visit our friendly animals , goats , pigs, chickens , ducks etc , at the farmyard.
We speak English and Irish (Gaelic) and are also very interested in other languages and customs. We also love a singsong!
Guests will also have the opportunity of seeing the Celtic 'Stone Age' type hut which is situated on the ancient Rath or Fairy Fort. You may also see the 'Leaba an Leprechaun' or 'Tomb of the Unknown Leprechaun '
e-mail us at ; email@example.com or call for further information once you have made a reservation.
What to do: Just relax and chill out far away from the buzz of modern day living. Enjoy the horses and ponies.
On the farm we have Poultry, Ducks, goats, pigs, etc, with more on the way.
(The Farm is now open for visitors and we offer our hostel guests a concessionary admission , with 50 % Reduction!)
Dig some potters clay from the streams on the farm and try your hand at moulding some pots or other artifacts. A great way to unwind!
There is a really nice romantic walk round the farm, with wild flowers, violets, buttercups woodbines and many more including Meadow and wetland varieties.
Some lovely Picnic Spots !
Fresh Water Streams, old Oak Trees etc.
You might like to visit a real Irish traditional sing along pub. Well no problem here, have a go at playing the tin whistle or bodhran; you'll find the locals both friendly and encouraging. For lovers of ballroom dancing there are various venues. Music ranges from Country and Irish through to up to the minute dance and pop, with also Festivals in the various towns and villages.
If you like lakes, well we're only about 35 minutes by car from Lough Derg, the largest lake in the Irish Republic.and only 15 minutes from Templemore Lake. ( Great for Angling )
• Tennis - there are two excellent tarmac courts in the local village
• Golf - Play on the 18-hole championship in Thurles or the 18 hole course in Templemore
• Fishing - The River Suir offers trout and salmon fishing. Templemore Lake is famous for its large pike and other coarse fish.
• Equestrian - Tipperary is great horsey country, and if you haven't tried riding before, there is expert tuition available locally.
• Pitch & putt - Available in Thurles or Templemore
• Gaelic games - Watch one of Ireland's thrilling native sports ( Hurling or Football)which is played regularly at the local park
• Water sports - Try windsurfing on Lough Derg. You can also go swimming in pure spring water in the local Clodiagh River.
• Walks - Quiet country roads & laneways, or just ramble through fields and meadows
• Hang gliding - The local Devil's Bit Mountain is recommended as a suitable site (Equipment not supplied)
Whether you want to simply relax at the hostel, or have an activity filled holiday, memories are made to last here.
Our 2 bed room is actually a double room and is en-suite. There is a very relaxing private sitting room! and a kitchen with microwave, electric cooker, fridge etc .
A home from home.
Har ni vistats här? Skriv en recension