Sandakan Nature Lodge Kinabatangan
Kampung Bilit Kinabatangan
One of the most existing places in South East Asia to watch wildlife and its not in the zoo!
Nature Lodge Kinabatangan (NLK) is located within Kampung Bilit, a village along Kinabatangan river and takes its name from the white trunked-kabilit trees found in the nearby forest. We are easily accessible by car, and this village consists of only 150-180 people from about 30 households.
These villagers are mainly Orang Sugei (literally River People) who make the living from fishing and making of crafts work such as fishnets and boat. They will later sell their crafts to the nearby villages.
The basic accommodation of NLK is build within the Kampung's lush green forest and it promises an unforgettable stay filled with adventure.
You will be able to spot primates such as the ever-energetic long tail and pigtail macaques, the amazing sounding gibbons, the elusive tarsier, lazy slow loris and human liked orang utans. The main attraction is the proboscis monkeys; with its long nose and big belly, this primate is only found on the island of Borneo.
You will also be able to experience close encounters with a subspecies of the Asian elephant, the Borneo Pygmy elephant. These elephants are smaller in sizes, have rather large ears and longer tails than its Asian counterpart.
While trekking to the near by Oxbow lake, Danau Bilit, you will continue to be amazed by the sighting of crocodiles basking along the muddy river banks, bearded pigs sniffing away for food, deer, wild cats such as the civets and clouded leopard and the workaholic otters. Our trained guide will also be able to show you a variety of insects and many species of colorful birds such as the Stork-billed kingfisher, the Oriental Pied Hornbill, the Crested Goshawk and many more
So, wait no longer, come join us to explore the Kinabatangan! The price listed on this site is for the following (pls note that the prices listed are for 2 nights/ 3 days package only, any extension of stay thereafter is only at RM50.00per person for dorm, RM170.00 for Civet cabin & RM200.00 for Superior Agamid chalet. Price including meals and you can still join any activity in the schedule. And you will need to pay the extra night stay at the lodge and only on cash basis since the c/c machine does not work there! And the one night rate is at RM340 and not half of the listed price):
3 Days / 2 Night, KINABATANGAN SAFARI
- Pick up from any where within Sandakan are(11.30am) OR Sepilok area(12.30PM)
- Transfer into Kampung Bilit and arrive between 3.30 - 3.45pm
- Welcome drinks and Lodge orientation
- Late afternoon boat cruise 4.00pm (for 2 hours)
- Dinner & nature interpretation
- Guided night jungle trek after dinner (OPTIONAL at MYR15.00per session)
- Early morning nature trails at 5.30am
- 6am early boat cruise to look for gibbons & orang utan
- Breakfast at 7.30am
- Morning trek at Danau Bilit Ox-Bow lake
- Lunch at Lodge
- Afternoon river cruise to search for more wildlife
- Another guided night jungle trek (OPTIONAL at MYR15.90per session)
- Boat cruise at 6am
- Breakfast at 7.30am
- 8.30am: Transfer out and back to Sandakan or Sepilok
Return transfer from/to Sandakan/Sepilok area. English speaking guide, all stated meals(2 Dinner/1 Lunch/2 Breakfast), 4 boat cruises and jungle walk, Jungle trekking, room.
Night walk (additional MYR15.90per person)
WHAT TO BRING:
- Change of clothes, comfortable trekking shoes, sun block, insect repellent, waterproof camera (optional), raincoat, leech socks, torch light and plenty of curiosity.
While we provide boots FOC for trekking during wet weather, we might not have your sizes.
1.All participants will be required to sign a Liability Release before departure.
2.Children above 12 years of age may participate with either parents or legal guardians.
3.Participants must be physically fit.
4.The staff at Nature Lodge Kinabatangan reserves the right to change or cancel the tour should conditions beyond our control render it necessary.