Ottawa HI-Ottawa Jail Hostel
75 Nicholas Street Ontario
A one-of-a-kind jail hostel located in the heart of downtown Ottawa, steps away from Byward Market, Parliament Hill, Rideau Centre, University of Ottawa, pubs and restaurants.
Rated one of the top 10 spookiest buildings around the world by Lonely Planet!
Here's what you may do while staying with us :
- Use our FREE wireless internet or free internet terminals to plan, skype, book, check-in, post or tweet;
- Enjoy our FREE continental breakfast every morning;
- Join us on a FREE hostel orientation tour (offered daily to hostel guests only)
- Sleep in former jail cells that have been completely renovated and adapted to suit your comfort needs;
- Join us for a pub crawl, a movie night, a dance party and much more;
- Enjoy our great outdoor patio in the summer;
- Use our communal kitchen to show off your cooking skills;
- Ask our wonderful staff for suggestions of things to do in Ottawa;
- Visit death row and the gallows on the 8th floor with Ottawa's Haunted Walks tours.
We hope to see you soon - and remember - you don't have to commit a crime to do the time!
The hostel is part of Hostelling International (HI). HI is a not-for-profit organization with over 4 000 hostels worldwide and more than 60 across Canada. You’re not a member? Don’t worry, we still love you! You can purchase a card upon arrival or simply pay the additional fee of $5 per person per night.
Online group bookings not accepted, you must contact the hostel directly if you would like to make a group booking