This is always a popular Guesthouse among those travelling for outdoor activities. Chic&Budget 131 Guesthouse has great facilities including a communal kitchen, a common area and a lounge area. This is a great place to stay if you're looking for a convenient Guesthouse in . This is always a popular Guesthouse among those travelling with a partner. If you want to explore New York City, consider staying here.
- Double bed (2 persons), private bathroom (bathtub) outside the room
- Queen size bed (2 persons) & sofa bed, (1 person), private bathroom (shower) outside the room
- Queen size bed (2 persons) & sofa bed, (1 person), ensuite bathroom (bathtub), patio for exclusive use!
- Air conditioning
- Towels & sheets provided
- Flat screen cable TV
- iPod docking station
- Hair dryer
- Fully equipped kitchen: oven, fridge, microwave, coffee/tea making facilities
- Lounge: sofa, dinning table, tourist info, brochures
- Coffee/tea available all day
* Booking Policy *
- Reservations made within 30 days of arrival date will be charged 100%, otherwise, 50% will be charged.
* We have a 2.5% fee for credit card payments.
No refunds according to Booking Policy above.
FROM JFK AIRPORT
Take the Airtrain to ’Jamaica’ station
Transfer to the E train towards Manhattan.
Get off at ’7th Avenue’ station
Transfer to D (non all stops) or B (all stops) train towards Uptown.
Get off at ’125th street’ station (take 127th exit) and walk up 8th Avenue (Frederick Douglass Avenue) to 131st street.
Cost: $2. Time: Door-to-door = approximately 1.5 - 2 hours.
Alternate route: Taxi from the airport. Cost: $45 (flat fee) + toll ($5). Time: 35 - 45 minutes.
FROM NEWARK AIRPORT
Take AirTrain to Newark Liberty International Airport Train Station.
At Newark Liberty International Airport Train Station, take a NJ Transit or Amtrak train to New York Penn Station (Manhattan). At Penn Station take the A or D express subway trains towards Uptown and get off at 125th street Station (exit 127th street) and walk 8th Avenue up to 131st street.
Cost of train: $14. Cost of subway: $2.00. Time: 35-45 minutes
Alternative: Take a cab, which can cost from $50 - $70 (plus tolls $10). Be careful with this option, as the cab drivers from New Jersey may not know the City that well and your fare may get even higher. Very expensive option.
FROM LA GUARDIA AIRPORT
Take the M60 bus towards Manhattan
Get off at 125th street at 8th Avenue (or Frederick Douglass Av) and walk up 8th Avenue to 131st street
Cost: $2.00 in coins or metrocard. Time: 30 minutes on the bus. Extra for waiting and walking
Alternative: A yellow cab costs about $25 + plus tolls ($5). Time: 20 - 30 minutes.