Blog Entries tagged '2011'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged '2011'
- Scenic Cruising down the Italian CoastIt's Thursday, our first full day at sea, and it's going to be a scenic one. I'm up at 6am, and as I wander to the balcony, I'm presented with a spectacular sight. Right off the starboard side of the Posted by Zukini in Zukini's Travels | Mar 12, 2013
- Not long now...According to the countdown app I've had going for about 30 weeks now, there is currently 1 week, 2 days, 20 hours, 49 minutes and 9 seconds left for me in Sydney until I fly off. So, I thought I Posted by georgiaellen in Where in the world is Georgia Ellen? | Jan 26, 2012
- JakartaSo here I am sitting in my kos (better known as boarding house) room, surrounded in air-conditioned comfort with hot water, HBO (among other cable TV channels), and Internet at my bedside – that’s what $500 can buy you for Posted by ljmac2 in South East Asia mark II | Jan 2, 2012
- Showdown at Thomas More SquareSartor Resartus, manciple, James Agate, madrepore, Cherubini, hippocras, Arethusa, and mor. Who would want to suggest a link between the words in this unlikely list? How many people would even claim to know the meaning or origin of Posted by mohn in Post-Jabe travel | Nov 8, 2011
- Panama City BabyI got on couch-surfing and was lucky enough to meet up with Jose Chandler an air stewardess. He had picked me up from my hostel and showed me Panama. We went to the renowned canal which was cool to see Posted by jasdeep_virdee in RTW 2011 | Nov 7, 2011
- Istanbul marathon Two days ago I ran my 4th marathon and visited my 40th country. The pain in my legs is still unbearable. I look really funny while walking and I'm utterly slow, and if I can skip walking in stairs I'll Posted by aggro in Clara's travel blog | Oct 18, 2011
- Pondicherry 2011We went to Pondicherry from Chennai on 10th SEP 2011 as a one day trip. We left chennai by a passenger train (Fare Rs:29) from Egmore @ 6:35 AM. we bought Breakfast (30 Idlis for Rs.270) & had it after Posted by krish_korner in krish wish to go around the world | Sep 11, 2011
- The Important To Women Halloween Costumes - Equipment!<a href="http://www.halloween2011films.com/5-3/">halloween 2</a>, <a href="http://www.halloween2011films.com/">halloween film</a><br /><br />Producing sure she will get all the right accessories for her costume gives her the capability to go out on Hallow Posted by nestorsweet1230 in Johnie Robbins Rodolfo | Sep 10, 2011
- Results from our 2011 Community SurveyOur 2011 Community Survey is now complete and we have some interesting information about TP members we'd like to share with you.
First of all, congrats to Holly Clark ([[http://www.travellerspoint.com/member_profile.cfm?user=soupatrvlr|soupatrvlr]]) f Posted by katekendall in The Travellerspoint Blog | Sep 2, 2011
- MiamiI´ll go to Miami the 4th of july to 8th of July. I want to see the city and the mix of cultural life styles. As well, I want to enjoy the night life of the city. I would Posted by Sara Nievas in Sara Nievas | Jun 30, 2011
- Great expectationsHopes are running high as the departure date begins to come over the horizon, a mere ten days until I am propelled eastwards to a foreign land, thus initiating a surely life-changing experience. All things in need of preparation have Posted by tristannn in Here we go, life's waiting to begin. | May 8, 2011
- Church, church, more church.So in case the title didn't hint enough, over the last 2 weeks or so i spent a lot of time in church. Catholic church.
Now i do believe in god and was brought up around the Anglican principals, and a Posted by Madeline84 in Take 3 - en Français | May 3, 2011
- WHERE WE'LL BEJeni flies out of London on the 1st of August back to Byron Bay
Kevin will stay in the UK for a few more weeks then fly out on the 6th of September back to Byron Bay
August 10 to 14, Kevin Posted by kforge in Kevin & Jeni 2011 - Europe | Apr 3, 2011
- Planes, Trains, and AutomobilesHowdy Bloggers!
As our trip rapidly draws to a close, I thought I would take the time to reflect on all the unique types of accommodation we stayed in and transportation we used to get around during our stay in Thailand. Posted by Thailand11 in TVT Does Thailand | Mar 5, 2011
- Thailand DISNEYLAND! Oh hi there bloggers!
We went to the ultimate nighttime cultural theme park last night located on Kamala Beach called Phuket Fantasea! This is a must see if you are looking for some major entertainment in Phuket. It is inspired by Posted by Thailand11 in TVT Does Thailand | Mar 4, 2011
- Hungover Paradise Oh my GOODNESS!
What a night! We spent the time walking around the bars and clubs and most of it is.. not going to lie, kind of a blur. We saw LADY BOYS! Which is basically a Transgendered male. And Posted by Thailand11 in TVT Does Thailand | Mar 4, 2011
- (Poo-KET) Island:Ah tropical paradise! After a one-hour flight from Chiang Mai we made it to one of our dream places, the lush tropical island of Phuket. After the Indian Ocean Tsunami hitting it in 2004 Phuket is recovering and rebuilding fast. Posted by Thailand11 in TVT Does Thailand | Mar 4, 2011
- How to Eat Fried WormsWe found a strange snack today in Chiang Mai on Khao San Road… fried Insects! We tried the grasshopper and worms! They actually tasted like french fries! You only live once right?!
Mmmmm mmm Go Posted by Thailand11 in TVT Does Thailand | Mar 4, 2011
- Chiang Mai Adventure!We have arrived at Thailand’s second largest city in the hilly north, Chiang Mai! Chiang Mai is located on the Ping river and has become and increasingly modern city. The kinds of building around here are just amazing! So different Posted by Thailand11 in TVT Does Thailand | Mar 4, 2011
- Floating Market!!!!On our last day in Bangkok and we have decided to take the day to travel about 20 minutes out of Bankok and see the Floating Market!
For those of you that have no idea what a floating market is.. it Posted by Thailand11 in TVT Does Thailand | Mar 4, 2011
- River Kwai Bridge Week! WHOO HOO! Hey hey hey bloggers!
We are so lucky that we got to Experience River Kwai Bridge week! The bridge on the River Kwai is located west of Bangkok in Kanchanaburi. Here is where allied prisoners of war were forced Posted by Thailand11 in TVT Does Thailand | Mar 4, 2011
- The Grand Palace In BangkokHey little bloggers!
One word BREATHTAKING!
Today we went to the Grand Palace. We were informed by our travel agent that there was a strict dress code at the Palace so we had to cover our shoulders and wear runners not flip-flops Posted by Thailand11 in TVT Does Thailand | Mar 4, 2011
- Arrived in Bangkok! Time for Temple Traveling!Good Day All!
Today we went temple traveling! Temples in Thailand are called Wat. We started at the Phra Nakhon district to see the legendary Wat Pho Temple Complex. Wat Pho is also known as the Reclining Buddha and is Posted by Thailand11 in TVT Does Thailand | Mar 4, 2011
- Alaska 2011 Adventures Well, now we are on our way to Homer , AK and we will spend the next few days at Heritage RV Park on Homer Spit. The Alaska Game and Fish built a pond next to the campground and Posted by Alaska2011 in Alaska 2011 RV Adventures | Feb 15, 2011
- KiwiburnKiwiburn. How does one describe an indescribable event? If it's indescribable does it make sense to try? The organizers simply call it "New Zealand's regional Burning Man event" and describe a "collective experience" in which there are Posted by axcordion in Adventure Street! | Feb 9, 2011