- MONTENGRO and TIRANA, ALBANIA and OHRID, MACEDONIA
DUBROVNIK-KOTOR, REPUBLIC OF MONTENEGRO-TIRANA, ALBANIA
Monday 22 September we travelled through the Republic of Montenegro and visited stunning Kotor on the n Posted by Kangatraveller in European Extravaganza - Living the Dream | Sep 22, 2014
- Tirana, Albania So today my topdeck tour had a one night stop in Tirana, Albania.
I had no idea how complicated and devastating the history is for this country. It seems that every empire that existed in Eastern Europe throughout history at Posted by MsKirstieLeigh in London and beyond | Sep 11, 2014
- My first projectThis is my first project and am loving it. Posted by NaveenM in project | Sep 26, 2013
- Europe, Summer 2013
We departed Greece by ferry to Saranda in Albania. Possibly the world’s most unhelpful and rude woman (except the nun in Peja) gave us our ferry tickets and waved us disinterestedly in the wrong direction to the boat. Fortunately Posted by Patrick H. in Patrick Hillman's Travels | Jul 10, 2013
- AlbaniaAlbania is like no-where we have been before
People have only been learning to drive for the last 20 years so it seems like every man for himself on the road. Thankfully our bus driver is familiar with this and Posted by Seanjo in Eastern european adventure | Jun 11, 2013
- Public Art in Tirana
The former dictator demanded t Posted by pscotterly in Fall 2012 | Oct 1, 2012
- Tirana, Albania Street Scenes
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/510746/Tirana_post_off Posted by pscotterly in Fall 2012 | Sep 30, 2012
- A Trip to Berat, AlbaniaA three-hour bus ride - plus a stop at a local vineyard and winery - got us to the famous walled city of Berat at 12:40. Unfortunately, the museum closed at 1 PM - and it was at least 1/2 Posted by pscotterly in Fall 2012 | Sep 30, 2012
- A Trip to Kruja, AlbaniaI enjoyed this day trip immensely. I saw so much of Albania's glorious history before the 20th century.
Skanderberg is a National Hero in Albania, who lived in the mid 1400s.
Kruja is an ancient city where his Posted by pscotterly in Fall 2012 | Sep 30, 2012
- Dures, AlbaniaDuress is Albania's largest seaport. There are also many, many tourist apartments and restaurants along the shore - A place for families to come and stroll on Sundays.
Our Friendship Force guide lived in this city during her youth. At that Posted by pscotterly in Fall 2012 | Sep 26, 2012
- Religion in AlbaniaReligious affiliation was denied during communism. Affiliation is now a majority Muslim, then Orthodox, a smattering of and Bektashi Teqe ( a Muslim Sect), and I read about the occasional evangelical Christian mission in the rural areas.
Practioners ap Posted by pscotterly in Fall 2012 | Sep 23, 2012
- My Host Family in Albania[img=http://photos.trave Posted by pscotterly in Fall 2012 | Sep 20, 2012
- Cooking Lesson in Tirana, AlbaniaGuests are treated royally. I was not supposed to help in the kitchen - couldn't even clear the table or help with the dishes.
Every AM we had Turkish coffee prepared over a bunson burner. Second morning, I asked to try. Posted by pscotterly in Fall 2012 | Sep 20, 2012
- Tirana & AthensThere is an estimated 1.18 million traffic related deaths world wide each year. I am willing to bet that a substantial amount of those are in Albania. (This statistic also puts into perspective my fear of flying as there is Posted by patnell in Euroblogging | Aug 24, 2012
- It Was Bound to Happen at Some PointI’ve decided to type up this entry straight away as things are happening.
Yesterday we crossed the boarder into Albania, with the pure intention of overnighting once before we got to Greece. I’d found a camp online (Camping Albania), which was Posted by Mr n Mrs Awsme in The Great Euro Adventure | Jul 20, 2012
- TiranaThe bus dropped us off and after a little debate and confusion about which direction to go, we made it to our hostel! The Dancing Monkey is a new hostel in the main street so it was pretty nice and Posted by KPad in Possibly lost, probably having fun... | Jul 18, 2012
- Affordable The nike jordan SneakersEveryone would like and requirements a pair of low-priced The air [[[[http://www.discountairfootwear.com/|michael jordan sneakers]]]]. But when that you are thinking about starting up your individual enterprise then you'll definitely should also obtain th Posted by jordan0230 in dingdsing blog | Jun 14, 2012
- Comment opter pour une Grande Vraiment lunette ray ban pas cComment opter pour une Grande Vraiment lunette ray ban pas cher
Nous voulons tous avoir étonnant lunette ray ban pas cher (http://www.2012raybanpascher.com) . Cérémonie de mariage évidemment cible la plus facile à réaliser. Le exacte lunette Posted by raybancadr in Comment opter pour une Grande Vraiment l | Jun 13, 2012
- Kjhkjkj khKhbbkhbhkbkhbkhb Posted by Lanning in Landings Trips | Apr 21, 2012
- in ALBANIAThe mountain area (around Theth?) in the North of Albania.
I'm not 100% sure about the name of the area, but I seen the photos and... OMG... I cant take it out of my mind.
That what Michael said: "... I am Posted by vanessa in The Travel Bug | Apr 9, 2012
- asfasdf Posted by timmygoban in Today I bought a boat | Mar 16, 2012
- Reports from Shqiperia- The FinaleHi All!
Do you know what it feels like towards the end of a really long race? Well, neither do I but I hear that it's the hardest part of the race. By then you are exhausted and just Posted by Nensi NY in Reports From Shqiperia | Oct 3, 2011
- 20th August 2011So this is how our day started off. We have to test the UHT milk every morning because in this heat it goes off within a day or 2. The milk was off. So we opened a new one, and Posted by kimdanny in Kim and Danny 2011 | Aug 24, 2011
- 19th August 2011Terrible sleep. Cars, trucks, motorbikes and people were going past all night. And I mean all night. It didn't stop. We cut our losses at about 7am and gave up trying to sleep. We got ready then headed out of Posted by kimdanny in Kim and Danny 2011 | Aug 24, 2011
- 18th August 2011Woke up semi-early and drove an hour to Igoumenitsa, a port town. A very busy port town. Took us a while to find a park but we eventually found one and headed for the ferries. We bought our tickets and Posted by kimdanny in Kim and Danny 2011 | Aug 24, 2011