- KALASHNIKOVS WERE MADE HERE[center][/center]
The town of Poliçan was a pleasant surprise. We were expecting to find a drab place because of its i Posted by ADAMYAMEY in ALBANIA 1984 AND 2016 | Mar 20, 2017
- DEFENDING ALBANIA[b][center]This blog entry refers mainly to the hemispherical concrete bunkers found all over Albania.[/center]
I first visit Posted by ADAMYAMEY in ALBANIA 1984 AND 2016 | Mar 2, 2017
- EXCITING IMAGES OF ALBANIA[center][/center]
[center]This is an on-going project. I took over 3000 pictures in Albania in Ma/June 2016.
I am editing them and gradually posting them on my Posted by ADAMYAMEY in ALBANIA 1984 AND 2016 | Jan 11, 2017
- TAXI TO MOUNT DAJTI[center]TIRANA, ALBANIA, JUNE 1984[/center]
[b]==After we had eaten lunch at the hotel, a group of us went into the square outside it. We saw a long line of taxis, which were waiting vacantly by a booking booth. We wondered how Posted by ADAMYAMEY in ALBANIA 1984 AND 2016 | Jan 7, 2017
- MARX TO MERCEDESBetween 1944 and late 1990, Albania was in the grips of a rigid Stalinist dictatorship, which was 'founded' by Enver Hoxha, who died in 1985. It was continued by his trusted successor Ramiz Alia brought about its downfall in late Posted by ADAMYAMEY in ALBANIA 1984 AND 2016 | Jan 7, 2017
- Albania's Ohrid coastAlbania was only ten minutes away from Sveti Naum in Macedonia. Ready for an adventure, we crossed the border into Albania. Given our time frame, we could not venture to Tirana, or to other major places, however, we were told Posted by Brufamily in Bru Adventures | Sep 27, 2016
- Andros to Montenegro The ferry ride on Fast Ferries from Gavrio, Andros was smooth and efficient. The ferries from here dock at Rafina Port which is on the airport side of Athens. The trip took a total of two hours. Once off, we Posted by denis.lynelle in Lynelle & Denis | Jul 20, 2016
- from the orange into Ingredients
1 navel orange
2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
2 tsp. sugar
Kosher salt and pepper
? c. sour cream
Posted by fhghdfbf in from the orange into | Sep 20, 2015
- tes zoveeltes voor plaatje
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/776586/eenvoudige..t-nederland.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/776586/thumb_eenvoudige..t-nederland. Posted by mmentzer in testtravelling | Sep 7, 2015
- Romanian prime minister involved in corruption because the sGaobing treatment abroad
Punta day should appear in the Romanian National Anti-Corruption Bureau, to hear about his alleged document fraud, tax evasion and money laundering allegations of involvement. But he only sent a lawyer explained that he was inj Posted by Carter1111 in news | Jun 23, 2015
- Helping the Mafia launder their moneyWhen I owned one, people delighted in telling me the joke : “What’s the difference between a Range Rover and a Hedgehog?” Answer : The hedgehog has the pricks on the outside”. In Albania that’s no joke. They constantly bully Posted by Wheelspin in European Badlands | Jun 13, 2015
- Even the minced meat is corruptI’m in a sticky situation with Flypaper again. As we recently waited in Gatwick airport I picked up magazine that informed me the Albanian Mafia - known as the Mafia Shqiptare – were causing particular concern throughout Europe, the US Posted by Wheelspin in European Badlands | Jun 7, 2015
- Albania - TiranaTirana is the capital of Albania, 2 hours south of Shkodër. It's a busy bustling metropolis and unfortunately for us we could only experience it for 1 night. We stayed at the very comfortable Tirana Backpacker hostel with a great Posted by TheNomadWay.com in TheNomadWay.com | Nov 10, 2014
- Albania - ShkodërAfter a 1.5 hour bus ride we landed in the heart of Shkodër, a city located in northern Albania. We stayed at the centrally located 'Mi Casa es Tu Casa' hostel, a quirky and very welcoming place to chill out Posted by TheNomadWay.com in TheNomadWay.com | Nov 9, 2014
- Kind of a Holiday
Backpacking... it's kind of like a Holiday.
But overall it's really not so bad.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint Posted by 19jenny79 in A Long Road | Mar 8, 2015
- MONTENGRO and TIRANA, ALBANIA and OHRID, MACEDONIA
DUBROVNIK-KOTOR, REPUBLIC OF MONTENEGRO-TIRANA, ALBANIA
Monday 22 September we travelled through the Republic of Montenegro and visited stunning Kotor on the n Posted by Kangatraveller in European Extravaganza - Living the Dream | Sep 22, 2014
- Tirana, Albania So today my topdeck tour had a one night stop in Tirana, Albania.
I had no idea how complicated and devastating the history is for this country. It seems that every empire that existed in Eastern Europe throughout history at Posted by MsKirstieLeigh in London and beyond | Sep 11, 2014
- My first projectThis is my first project and am loving it. Posted by NaveenM in project | Sep 26, 2013
- Europe, Summer 2013
We departed Greece by ferry to Saranda in Albania. Possibly the world’s most unhelpful and rude woman (except the nun in Peja) gave us our ferry tickets and waved us disinterestedly in the wrong direction to the boat. Fortunately Posted by Patrick H. in Patrick Hillman's Travels | Jul 10, 2013
- AlbaniaAlbania is like no-where we have been before
People have only been learning to drive for the last 20 years so it seems like every man for himself on the road. Thankfully our bus driver is familiar with this and Posted by Seanjo in Eastern european adventure | Jun 11, 2013
- Public Art in Tirana
The former dictator demanded t Posted by pscotterly in Fall 2012 | Oct 1, 2012
- Tirana, Albania Street Scenes
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/510746/Tirana_post_off Posted by pscotterly in Fall 2012 | Sep 30, 2012
- A Trip to Berat, AlbaniaA three-hour bus ride - plus a stop at a local vineyard and winery - got us to the famous walled city of Berat at 12:40. Unfortunately, the museum closed at 1 PM - and it was at least 1/2 Posted by pscotterly in Fall 2012 | Sep 30, 2012
- A Trip to Kruja, AlbaniaI enjoyed this day trip immensely. I saw so much of Albania's glorious history before the 20th century.
Skanderberg is a National Hero in Albania, who lived in the mid 1400s.
Kruja is an ancient city where his Posted by pscotterly in Fall 2012 | Sep 30, 2012
- Dures, AlbaniaDuress is Albania's largest seaport. There are also many, many tourist apartments and restaurants along the shore - A place for families to come and stroll on Sundays.
Our Friendship Force guide lived in this city during her youth. At that Posted by pscotterly in Fall 2012 | Sep 26, 2012