Blog Entries tagged 'Amsterdam'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'Amsterdam'
- We don't care what city we land in, let's just get there!
So we decided to hedge our bets and head over to the Amsterdam departure gate and see if our odds were any better than the Paris flight. We were excited to hear that Posted by Kemnitzer in Europe 2015 | Aug 30, 2015
- A WEEK IN ROTTERDAM AND BEYOND.===Tuesday 26th May 2015 (day twenty-two)===
The Lemons did not arrive until close to midnight last night, they had managed to get a little lost during the ride from the station to the apartment, but made it in the end all Posted by Cindy Bruin in 2015 tour de spoke n stroke | Jun 10, 2015
- Adventures in the Nether-regions (of Europe)In celebration of the end of classes, I decided to take advantage of an offer to visit some friends in The Hague. They were my roommates in my hostel in Prague, and they invited me to come up and Posted by NKammerer in Où je me trouve… | Apr 29, 2015
And we thought the Spanish were the party culture...
Unbeknownst to us, we arrived in Amsterdam on the eve of "King's Day" - a once a year all out party. We have seen city celebrations before, but we have never witnessed Posted by Catnchas in The Creighz's do Europe | Apr 28, 2015
- AmsterdamI am on a train to Berlin and have a few hours to kill so I thought I would take this opportunity to write a new blog post.
Well, it finally happened.
After more than two weeks of couch surfing and Posted by meagle in No Dreams Deferred | Apr 16, 2015
- Day 1 - The travelIt starts.
After packing my ultra cool backpack I took the train to the south of the Netherlands to meet with Mot, my friend with whom I will be traveling. I spent the night at his place and at 5 am Posted by Bakaloko in China | Mar 25, 2015
- The Amsterdam wrap up
The next day, and our final day in Amsterdam, we had to return the bikes. Getting back into Amsterdam proved almost as tricky as riding out. This time we also had our bags which made it a Posted by Addy21 in A photo a day | Feb 28, 2015
- New Year's Eve in the Dam
New Year's Eve was great fun. We went in early to hire some bikes as all the public transport grounds to a halt at 8pm on New Year's and our bus didn't start up again until 7am the next Posted by Addy21 in A photo a day | Feb 28, 2015
- So cold, so very cold
We caught an overnight bus from Bristol and found ourselves in Amsterdam.
Unfortunately we were staying much further out of town than we'd realised when we'd booked with Airbnb. That f Posted by Addy21 in A photo a day | Feb 27, 2015
- Brussels & Amsterdam[center]
well, since we didn't truly get holidays at christmas, we got given chinese/lunar new year while here in austria.
obviously a grand ol' excuse to go explore europe for a few days before things get cray here with
projects and Posted by taylamo10 in Master of Global Business Year | Feb 22, 2015
- A Month in Paris in WinterOn our side trip to Amsterdam we visited the Anne Frank House. Almost everyone has read her classic diary at some point. Even though you know her story, which is the story of so many others, to be in Posted by teethetrav in Tee the Trav | Jan 24, 2015
- A Month in Paris in WinterA side trip from Paris to Amsterdam is an easy train ride. For me, the primary purpose of a visit to Amsterdam was to see the Van Gogh museum. I have long been intrigued by his life and Posted by teethetrav in Tee the Trav | Jan 23, 2015
- A Month in Paris in WinterA side trip to Amsterdam was packed with art, architecture, canals and other sights and activities. A side benefit, somewhat unexpected, was the delightful, delicious food we found everywhere (and no, we were not suffering from munchies).
In Posted by teethetrav in Tee the Trav | Jan 23, 2015
- A Month in Paris in Winter
A day trip from Paris to Amsterdam is an easy trek. A train ride takes you through Posted by teethetrav in Tee the Trav | Jan 23, 2015
- Switzerland and the RhineOur final day aboard AMACello was spent cruising the canal to Amsterdam, followed by a canal cruise and city tour. Amsterdam is the largest city in Holland with almost 800,000 people living within the city limits. In addition Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Oct 22, 2014
- Food Food Glorious Food! - AmsterdamSince arriving in Amsterdam we definitely saw a lot of variety and opposites in cuisine. There is cuisine from all over the world. The biggest noticeable thing was the amount of deep fried American food (and frites stores) and Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Sep 12, 2014
- Amsterdam So we have just spent the last four days in Amsterdam. Another place where Lewis claims...I could live here. lol
Its been a nice amount of downtime for us after a hectic Paris week.
Our time in Amsterdam has been Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Sep 12, 2014
- The City for Solo TravellersNetherlands
The final leg of my 5-weeks work/play trip to Europe, and Netherlands was a 2 day stop for me. Amsterdam especially is great as I took a quick free tour around the city. Of course, I had to tip our Posted by chriskk in Plotting Memories | Aug 21, 2014
- One Month UpdateAccording to this blogging site, these are some of my stats so far:
- 7008 miles traveled
- 9 countries visited – US, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Belgium, France, UK, Netherlands, and the Czech Republic
- 32 days spent traveling
- 0.35 % of my Posted by cschelz in Round the World 2014 | Aug 15, 2014
- So much more than coffee shops and the Red Light DistrictFunnily enough this isn't my first rodeo in Amsterdam, so to speak. This will now have been my third time, which unless you frequent the activities that it is known for, it seems a tad excessive. Not to say I Posted by melpage in Not all those who wander are lost... | Aug 12, 2014
- Planes trains and canals.... Getting there...
As we woke Thursday morning I was conscious of what clothes I decided to wear as I realized these would be my only options for the next two days. We had about a 7 hour flight to Amsterdam, a Posted by Kelly Rose in Here, There and Everywhere | Jul 20, 2014
- AmsterdamI took the overnight bus from Paris to Amsterdam called the I.D. bus, which was actually quite comfortable. If I were a normal human being, and could sleep in moving vehicles, I probably would have slept the whole way. The Posted by Traveling Tiff in Happiness is the Journey | Jun 15, 2014
- Just arrived in Amsterdam!August 19th
I have just arrived at Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark which is the hotel I will be staying at while I am here for $93 a night. I’m going to get washed up, go to a local grocery store, get some Posted by dcadair in My Dream Trip Around the World | May 19, 2014
- Amsterdam 14 May 2014We spent today in Amsterdam, only a short train ride away. We started off with a canal cruise (which the kids slept through), seeing the stately buildings of Amsterdam from the waterways that define it. Despite there being Posted by JadeLim in Asia/Europe 2014 | May 14, 2014
- TostiThe next big trip is here! To meet the best dutch tour guides :)
Maurits picked me up from Schiphol and headed back home! I was screaming the whole way on the car, the sc Posted by flickervertigo in This is WHY. | May 9, 2014