Blog Entries tagged 'Amsterdam'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'Amsterdam'
- A Month in Paris in WinterOn our side trip to Amsterdam we visited the Anne Frank House. Almost everyone has read her classic diary at some point. Even though you know her story, which is the story of so many others, to be in Posted by teethetrav in Tee the Trav | Jan 24, 2015
- A Month in Paris in WinterA side trip from Paris to Amsterdam is an easy train ride. For me, the primary purpose of a visit to Amsterdam was to see the Van Gogh museum. I have long been intrigued by his life and Posted by teethetrav in Tee the Trav | Jan 23, 2015
- A Month in Paris in WinterA side trip to Amsterdam was packed with art, architecture, canals and other sights and activities. A side benefit, somewhat unexpected, was the delightful, delicious food we found everywhere (and no, we were not suffering from munchies).
In Posted by teethetrav in Tee the Trav | Jan 23, 2015
- A Month in Paris in Winter
A day trip from Paris to Amsterdam is an easy trek. A train ride takes you through Posted by teethetrav in Tee the Trav | Jan 23, 2015
- Switzerland and the RhineOur final day aboard AMACello was spent cruising the canal to Amsterdam, followed by a canal cruise and city tour. Amsterdam is the largest city in Holland with almost 800,000 people living within the city limits. In addition Posted by rpickett in Rusty Pickett, ECC | Oct 22, 2014
- Food Food Glorious Food! - AmsterdamSince arriving in Amsterdam we definitely saw a lot of variety and opposites in cuisine. There is cuisine from all over the world. The biggest noticeable thing was the amount of deep fried American food (and frites stores) and Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Sep 12, 2014
- Amsterdam So we have just spent the last four days in Amsterdam. Another place where Lewis claims...I could live here. lol
Its been a nice amount of downtime for us after a hectic Paris week.
Our time in Amsterdam has been Posted by chellebelle in Nil Responsibilities 'Til 30 | Sep 12, 2014
- The City for Solo TravellersNetherlands
The final leg of my 5-weeks work/play trip to Europe, and Netherlands was a 2 day stop for me. Amsterdam especially is great as I took a quick free tour around the city. Of course, I had to tip our Posted by chriskk in Plotting Memories | Aug 21, 2014
- One Month UpdateAccording to this blogging site, these are some of my stats so far:
- 7008 miles traveled
- 9 countries visited – US, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Belgium, France, UK, Netherlands, and the Czech Republic
- 32 days spent traveling
- 0.35 % of my Posted by cschelz in Round the World 2014 | Aug 15, 2014
- So much more than coffee shops and the Red Light DistrictFunnily enough this isn't my first rodeo in Amsterdam, so to speak. This will now have been my third time, which unless you frequent the activities that it is known for, it seems a tad excessive. Not to say I Posted by melpage in Not all those who wander are lost... | Aug 12, 2014
- Planes trains and canals.... Getting there...
As we woke Thursday morning I was conscious of what clothes I decided to wear as I realized these would be my only options for the next two days. We had about a 7 hour flight to Amsterdam, a Posted by Kelly Rose in Here, There and Everywhere | Jul 20, 2014
- AmsterdamI took the overnight bus from Paris to Amsterdam called the I.D. bus, which was actually quite comfortable. If I were a normal human being, and could sleep in moving vehicles, I probably would have slept the whole way. The Posted by Traveling Tiff in Happiness is the Journey | Jun 15, 2014
- Just arrived in Amsterdam!August 19th
I have just arrived at Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark which is the hotel I will be staying at while I am here for $93 a night. I’m going to get washed up, go to a local grocery store, get some Posted by dcadair in My Dream Trip Around the World | May 19, 2014
- Amsterdam 14 May 2014We spent today in Amsterdam, only a short train ride away. We started off with a canal cruise (which the kids slept through), seeing the stately buildings of Amsterdam from the waterways that define it. Despite there being Posted by JadeLim in Asia/Europe 2014 | May 14, 2014
- TostiThe next big trip is here! To meet the best dutch tour guides :)
Maurits picked me up from Schiphol and headed back home! I was screaming the whole way on the car, the sc Posted by flickervertigo in This is WHY. | May 9, 2014
- The Grand Finale!Sunday, 27 April 2014
Sofitel The Grand
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Yesterday was the official last day of our cruise, but today is the official last day of our vacation. And in case I forgot to mention it yesterday, I definitely think that Posted by hidburch in Belgium and Holland River Cruise | Apr 27, 2014
- Oh. My. God.Saturday, 26 April 2014
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
It is fortunate for my peeps that I am typing this, because I am virtually struck speechless by the wonderfulness of this entire day! Today’s itinerary: Keukenhof Gardens, Amsterdam canal boat ride, Posted by hidburch in Belgium and Holland River Cruise | Apr 26, 2014
- To be or not to beTo be [a tourist]
Or not to be [a tourist]
That is the question
The term tourist is one that I’ve struggled with for a while. The paradox of being a tourist but always striving to be the furthest thing from a tourist Posted by danza in There and back again | Apr 14, 2014
- Abandoning Ship!So without reliable internet to load pictures, I’ve gotten behind in this blog. This post will combine 2 that I wrote summarizing life on the Valparaiso.
[i]Yo ho ho! A pirat Posted by danza in There and back again | Apr 12, 2014
- Coffeeshop LittleWell this blog lost all chronological order once I arrived in Amsterdam. You can interpret that as you like, but it’s mostly because stuff keeps popping up that I need to write about right away. This one is for Christof Posted by danza in There and back again | Apr 8, 2014
- The Valparaiso[Post is pictureless for now. Will post photos of the Valparaiso in a future post]
I’m still in the middle of a couple entries that I haven’t yet finished, but I wanted to give people an idea about where I am, Posted by danza in There and back again | Apr 3, 2014
- The Two-Way Mirror at Amsterdam’s HermitageMany of us know that to visit a city, a trip to a fine arts museum is an elegant way to pay homage to a world class location. In return, offering a peacock display of recognized quality is the Posted by apersephone in The Sweet Bag of the Busy Bee | Mar 6, 2014
- FINAL DAY, FINAL CIDERIt is only 7 pm on our last night in Amsterdam and we are home already. It is our earliest night but I know I am beat and we both having aching feet after 7 days of walking non stop. Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Feb 24, 2014
- WHEN THE BOOTS FIND YOU.....Our disappointment at not being able to visit the town of Montserrat was short lived when we woke up to glorious sunshine, 20 degrees and no wind. After taking our time packing up the room, drinking much coffee and eating Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Feb 23, 2014
- WE ARE ON TAPPAS THE WORLDOk, ok so I stole a line, unsuccessfully perhaps, from a movie (I hate Valentine’s Day) I watched last weekend where he had a restaurant called “I’m on Tapas”.
We are all settled in Barcelona. We took a 10 am flight Posted by curlygirl in One mom, one son, one world | Feb 20, 2014