Blog Entries tagged 'Amsterdam'
Travel Blogs Entries tagged 'Amsterdam'
- Amsterdam 2016A Perfect City
Narrow cobblestone streets above wide canals, red-cheeked children in bicycle baskets, "coffee" shops, fantastic museums, cheese to die for. I don't have to add tulips and a red light district, do I? You know I'm talking about Amsterdam. Posted by Marcus170710 in Countries I've visited | Apr 10, 2017
- Anne Frank Museum and Rijksmuseum We started the day at The Anne Frank Museum. It's not a particularly large museum but it is very powerful. We went early at 915 and it was still cramped at times inside the museum. But better than later times. Posted by E.M.N in Adventure Is Out There! | Mar 24, 2017
- Keukenhof Gardens and Van GoghToday was way windy in Amsterdam! It was a wee bit colder than yesterday so it was not as enticing to walk and wander. We started with a croissant breakfast in the lobby of the hotel.
We then headed to Posted by E.M.N in Adventure Is Out There! | Mar 23, 2017
- AmsterdamWe had a quick brunch at House of Small Wonders and had "taco rice" and a soboro don. The soboro don was the better of the 2 dishes and super tasty and now I want to see the one Posted by E.M.N in Adventure Is Out There! | Mar 22, 2017
- AMSTERDAM - BOATS, BIKES AND BOOZE FAVOURITE PHOTO.
NOT ONE OF THE BETTER PHOTOS I TOOK IN AMSTERDAM, HOWEVER
THIS PHOTO BRINGS BACK HAPPY MEMORIES OF OUR HOUSEBOAT.
YES, WE STAYED ON A HO Posted by aussirose in Europe & Morocco 2011 | Mar 17, 2017
- Belgium, Holland, and Madrid/BarcelonaWe took a side trip from Madrid to explore the charming canals in Bruges and Amsterdam, and added a stop in Ghent to admire the iconic altarpiece "Adoration of the Majestic Lamb."
==Thursd Posted by GenovevaLewis in The Pursuit of Enduring Happiness | Dec 27, 2016
- Amsterdam - Day 1 Friday, 11/04Had Dante lived in our time, I suspect that he would have assigned one of the lowest levels of hell to international travel in a coach seat. When we boarded the plane last night, and the movie screens were Posted by Cybercsp in Viking Grand European Tour | Nov 5, 2016
- Long Haul FlightsWell, we made it! Me and my restless legs, (that actually is a real thing) are not a fan of of long haul flights! They are things to be endured with little enjoyment apart from the fact that its g Posted by ShelleyJ in Eurail Adventures | Sep 17, 2016
- Dam, I Love EuropeAs promised, here is my second post, about my second journey. This post is titled "Dam, I Love Europe" because it is so incredibly true.
The fun started on the train to Amsterdam. After changing three times in Cologne, Venlo, Posted by jbolt in New Opportunities | Jan 31, 2016
- AmsterdamThe first thing that comes to my mind after all this time when someone mentions Amsterdam are the canals, and walk I did along these 400 year old canals as often as possible during my stay in this lovely city Posted by Ceej in Around the world .... | Nov 1, 2015
- Red lights, bikes and munchiesAmsterdam, wow. Where to start! Such a crazy fun city to start my Euro trip!
Amsterdam is a stunning city filled with so much history and so so many b Posted by kmklu1 in Kristina's Travel Blog | Sep 15, 2015
- 28 July 2015I was really looking forward to Amsterdam; several friends that have been there absolutely love it, and a book I'd just read had some scenes in an Amsterdam art museum that I'd like to see. On this particular day trip Posted by OhMissLia in Gingerbread Girl - can't catch me! | Sep 1, 2015
- We don't care what city we land in, let's just get there!
So we decided to hedge our bets and head over to the Amsterdam departure gate and see if our odds were any better than the Paris flight. We were excited to hear that Posted by Kemnitzer in Europe 2015 | Aug 30, 2015
- A WEEK IN ROTTERDAM AND BEYOND.===Tuesday 26th May 2015 (day twenty-two)===
The Lemons did not arrive until close to midnight last night, they had managed to get a little lost during the ride from the station to the apartment, but made it in the end all Posted by Cindy Bruin in CINDY & CO TRAVELLING THE WORLD! | Jun 10, 2015
- Adventures in the Nether-regions (of Europe)In celebration of the end of classes, I decided to take advantage of an offer to visit some friends in The Hague. They were my roommates in my hostel in Prague, and they invited me to come up and Posted by NKammerer in Où je me trouve… | Apr 29, 2015
And we thought the Spanish were the party culture...
Unbeknownst to us, we arrived in Amsterdam on the eve of "King's Day" - a once a year all out party. We have seen city celebrations before, but we have never witnessed Posted by Catnchas in The Creighz's do Europe | Apr 28, 2015
- AmsterdamI am on a train to Berlin and have a few hours to kill so I thought I would take this opportunity to write a new blog post.
Well, it finally happened.
After more than two weeks of couch surfing and Posted by meagle in No Dreams Deferred | Apr 16, 2015
- Day 1 - The travelIt starts.
After packing my ultra cool backpack I took the train to the south of the Netherlands to meet with Mot, my friend with whom I will be traveling. I spent the night at his place and at 5 am Posted by Bakaloko in China | Mar 25, 2015
- The Amsterdam wrap up
The next day, and our final day in Amsterdam, we had to return the bikes. Getting back into Amsterdam proved almost as tricky as riding out. This time we also had our bags which made it a Posted by Addy21 in A photo a day | Feb 28, 2015
- New Year's Eve in the Dam
New Year's Eve was great fun. We went in early to hire some bikes as all the public transport grounds to a halt at 8pm on New Year's and our bus didn't start up again until 7am the next Posted by Addy21 in A photo a day | Feb 28, 2015
- So cold, so very cold
We caught an overnight bus from Bristol and found ourselves in Amsterdam.
Unfortunately we were staying much further out of town than we'd realised when we'd booked with Airbnb. That f Posted by Addy21 in A photo a day | Feb 27, 2015
- A Month in Paris in WinterOn our side trip to Amsterdam we visited the Anne Frank House. Almost everyone has read her classic diary at some point. Even though you know her story, which is the story of so many others, to be in Posted by teethetrav in Tee the Trav | Jan 24, 2015
- A Month in Paris in WinterA side trip from Paris to Amsterdam is an easy train ride. For me, the primary purpose of a visit to Amsterdam was to see the Van Gogh museum. I have long been intrigued by his life and Posted by teethetrav in Tee the Trav | Jan 23, 2015
- A Month in Paris in WinterA side trip to Amsterdam was packed with art, architecture, canals and other sights and activities. A side benefit, somewhat unexpected, was the delightful, delicious food we found everywhere (and no, we were not suffering from munchies).
In Posted by teethetrav in Tee the Trav | Jan 23, 2015
- A Month in Paris in Winter
A day trip from Paris to Amsterdam is an easy trek. A train ride takes you through Posted by teethetrav in Tee the Trav | Jan 23, 2015