- Culture ShockThere are certain places that are iconic and must be seen. El Caminita in the La Boca neighborhood is one of those. I'm certain that nearly everyone has seen photos of the brightly painted houses in Buenos Aires. Posted by Jengt in Jenny sees the World | Mar 22, 2017
- Art Taking the High Road, and Low Road
The day I arrived, I'd made a short stop at Buenos Aires' world famous Teatro Colon. Known throughout the world for its acoustics and gorgeous interior, I planne Posted by world_wide_mike in Worldwidemike | Mar 22, 2017
- Over the river to Uruguay For our first day trip from Buenos Aires, we decided to head across the Rio de la Plata to Colonia, Uruguay. We set out early to catch our ferry. Expecting a full day's worth of sightseeing, we booked a Posted by Jengt in Jenny sees the World | Mar 22, 2017
- Timeless BeautyIt may sound strange, but one of the sites in Buenos Aires I was most interested to see was the cemetery in Recoleta. I'd heard about the ornately carved crypts and mausoleums for the wealthy of Buenos Aires.
[img=http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i4 Posted by Jengt in Jenny sees the World | Mar 21, 2017
- Admiring the Houses of the Dead
I had read that the La Recoleta Cemetery was an atmospheric place to wander on your visit to Buenos Aires, so that was the destination for Day 3. Another short s Posted by world_wide_mike in Worldwidemike | Mar 21, 2017
- Market DaySunday in Buenos Aires was another warm and sunny day. Our plan for the day was to check out the Sunday market in the San Telmo neighborhood. All of the guidebooks and our friends who have been here Posted by Jengt in Jenny sees the World | Mar 19, 2017
- Feeling Like an Antique After Shopping Day
All the guidebooks recommended visiting the Sunday Antique Market in San Telmo, a gentrified neighborhood with interesting architecture and quaint cobblestoned s Posted by world_wide_mike in Worldwidemike | Mar 19, 2017
- Bueno Day in Buenos Aires
As I stepped out of the car ar John Glenn Airport in Columbus, a cold, wintry rain sent its icy tentacles down my neck. Remind me never to confidently sneer that Posted by world_wide_mike in Worldwidemike | Mar 18, 2017
- Argentinian Autumn (Spring) BreakI've had Buenos Aries on my mind as a destination for a long time. We finally found a good price for flight and hotel when we were looking this winter. After booking the trip, I went to the Posted by Jengt in Jenny sees the World | Mar 18, 2017
- Day 14 - UshuaiaUshuaia is located on a wide bay with the Martial mountain range to the north and Beagle Channel to the south. This part of the Tierra del Fuego archipelago is also called the End of the World.
We walked along the Posted by JenBuckley in A month in South America | Mar 11, 2017
- Day 13 - At Sea - Rounding Cape Horn
Cape Horn (where the Pacific and Atlantic oceans meet) was named by William Schouten after his home village Hoorn in the Netherlands. He was the commander of the Eendracht on a private exploration voyage in January 1616. Sailing around this Posted by JenBuckley in A month in South America | Mar 9, 2017
- Day 11 - At seaAs we sail further south the temperature is dropping - we sat out on deck for a bit today but I had to put a pair of socks on! - the first time since we left home.
We are now heading Posted by JenBuckley in A month in South America | Mar 9, 2017
- Day 10 - Puerto MadrynAlthough the forecast was for 20 degrees the skies looked very gloomy. We walked off the boat and along the seafront. We noticed a few people staring at the sky and one lady was taking a picture of the clouds. Posted by JenBuckley in A month in South America | Mar 9, 2017
- March 4 - BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA (Day 2)
Buenos Aires is a very cosmopolitan city, with wide avenues, many parks and beautiful fountains. And – it is huge! One of the world’s largest cities, in fact!
[im Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 8 | Mar 4, 2017
- March 3 - BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA (Day 1)
Evita's image welcomes us back to Buenos Aires!
Today begins the 4th segment of the world cruise, "Ta Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 8 | Mar 3, 2017
- Feb 28 - PUERTO MADRYN, ARGENTINA
We reached the mainland of Argentina before sunrise. This is a city known as the "Gateway to Patagonia".
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/92262/60890144E848 Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 8 | Mar 1, 2017
- Day 9 - At seaThe day started off nice and sunny so we found a deck chair and stretched out. After a while we looked up and realised the ship was surrounded by a circle of fog even though the sun was still shining!
It Posted by JenBuckley in A month in South America | Feb 26, 2017
- Day 7 - Buenos AiresAfter a leisurely breakfast we disembarked for a final look around Buenos Aires.
We walked east towards some local parks.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/218372/270_DSCF1553.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/218372/thumb_270_DSCF15 Posted by JenBuckley in A month in South America | Feb 26, 2017
- Day 6 - Buenos Aires and boarding the Norweigen SunToday we walked down to the Plaza de la Republic to see the obelisk erected in 1936 to commemorate the fourth centenary of the first foundation of the city.
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/218372/270_DSCF1535.jpg thumb=http://photos.travellerspo Posted by JenBuckley in A month in South America | Feb 26, 2017
- Day 5 - Buenos AiresAfter breakfast, which included some very tasty cakes with Dulce de Leche a milky caramel syrup, we set out for a days sightseeing.
The Icaro Hotel is on Montevideo street, two blocks away from the Congressional Plaza and the National Congress Posted by JenBuckley in A month in South America | Feb 24, 2017
- Feb 19 - USHUAIA, ARGENTINA (Day 2)
Our 2nd day in Ushuaia dawned with promising blue skies as we headed out into the Beagle Channel on a 26 passenger Patagonia Adventure Explorer boat trip.
[img=ht Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 8 | Feb 21, 2017
- Feb 18 - USHUAIA, ARGENTINA (Day 1)
We had planned and hoped for this to happen - our helicopter flight at "end of the world"! And, in spite of the low clouds and forecasts of rain - it was an unforgetta Posted by Swenigale in Serenity 8 | Feb 20, 2017
- Buenos dias, Buenas tardes, Buenas nochesWith the realisation that the ride was over the focus was on Buenos Aries, never been before and if you believe the puff then it is going to be a blast. We all had a couple of extra nights in Posted by ScottyJ in A coddiwomple to the Americas & beyond | Feb 19, 2017
- Back to BA and leaving South America!It was an early morning from Montevideo to get to the bus station for 5:30am! This time the taxi cost the exact same, more proof that that kid was a fucker. Anyways, I've left that in the past. Once I Posted by elliehirch in 8 Month Adventure | Feb 12, 2017
- Tierra del Fuego Just two more days until we arrive at our destination and I’m looking forward to the ride. Both days are around 440kms each with a border crossing back in to Argentina and another crossing of the Andes down into Ushuaia. Posted by ScottyJ in A coddiwomple to the Americas & beyond | Feb 12, 2017