- El calafate Woke up to find it snowing in the campground, didn't settle. Lots of fresh snow on the mts. A bit of a drive to day and back into Argentina, as we left the national park we came across 10 condors Posted by judges29 in Patagonia | Jan 7, 2017
- W walkCooked breakfast all layed on, I like this type of camping. Starting the W walk, an 80km walk in the Torres del Paine National Park. Low cloud so we couldn't see the peaks as we set off at 9.00 which Posted by judges29 in Patagonia | Jan 5, 2017
- Day 12Up early and carried our gear the 1km to the hostel where we will join our overland trip later in the day. Back to the appartments to pack the final few things and head off down to the ferry jetty. Posted by judges29 in Patagonia | Dec 29, 2016
- Day 11Very slow start to the day and headed into town at 12.30 and hit the same bakery as yesterday for sandwiches which we again at down on the front, not quite as windy as yesterday. Wandered around town, pretty busy Posted by judges29 in Patagonia | Dec 28, 2016
- Day 10An earlier start than expected, picked up at 7.30 for our trip to the Tierra del Fuego national park. A short drive and we were in the park where we took a walk through the forest to the shore where Posted by judges29 in Patagonia | Dec 27, 2016
- Day 9A lazy start to the day as we were not being picked up for our tour until 9.30. First task as to find some food as everything was closed in town yesterday when we walked through it. Strong cold wind Posted by judges29 in Patagonia | Dec 26, 2016
- Day 8An early start and off to the airport for a 7.30 departure to Buenas Aries. Packed breakfast from the hotel, full of biscuits and sweet breads, not what we would have chosen.
Coming into Buenas Aries we Posted by judges29 in Patagonia | Dec 24, 2016
- Day 6Pressure has been building and today it was released with the first 200+ photo day of the trip.
A hotel breakfast instead of mussli which was a good change and then picked up by our taxi driver at 8.30 to Posted by judges29 in Patagonia | Dec 23, 2016
- Day 5A slow start to the day, breakfast and then pack the bags. Headed down at 9.00 and had the owner call a taxi, 20 min wait.
A fairly quick trip to the airport where we found the LATAM que. did Posted by judges29 in Patagonia | Dec 22, 2016
- Day 4A fairly relaxed start to the day after a midnight finish yesterday. We got kicked up at 9.00 and it was of too polo. It took 2 hours to get there, out beyond the main airport, lots of traffic going Posted by judges29 in Patagonia | Dec 21, 2016
- Day 3Well if the first day was about planes and the second about trains today was about bikes, and trains but more on that later.
A casual start to the day and off to see if the supermarket was open, no, Posted by judges29 in Patagonia | Dec 20, 2016
- Day 2A slowish start to the day. Set off at 8.00 to try and find something to eat. Headed for the main road where we found a bakery and had some empanadas. Then a Walk through the parks back to the Posted by judges29 in Patagonia | Dec 19, 2016
- Day 1I think it's actually day 1 and 1/2 due to crossing the international date line and landing before we take off, the 17 th December never seem to end.
First flight was the worst. Jetstar for a 3.5h flight at night. Posted by judges29 in Patagonia | Dec 18, 2016
- BA & Buh-bye South America! So, my visit to Buenos Aires was actually a really disjointed one which I have amalgamated into a single blog post as my final entry for Argentina, as well as for South America (I KNOW, I can't believe it!!). I Posted by elliehirch in Travel, She Wrote | Nov 28, 2016
- ArgentinaWe arrived in Buenos Aires on 11 November 2016. Darren's Phantom 4 quadcopter made it through without raising an eyebrow. The next thing was to catch a taxi to San Telmo where we were staying. I'd read that there are Posted by robbotravels in Robbotravels to...... | Nov 25, 2016
- Iguazu Falls <3The flight to Iguazu was a little rocky, not the most fun for this hungover girl. Who again is travelling on a day she has a hangover. Damn. It was easy to take a shuttle to my hostel, check in, Posted by elliehirch in 8 Month Adventure | Nov 25, 2016
- Buenos Aires stop #2I took a taxi from the bus station back to Milhouse Hipo and spent the morning catching up on blog and journal. Met up with Jeff again once he arrived from the airport. I finally convinced him that a tango Posted by elliehirch in 8 Month Adventure | Nov 25, 2016
- Iguazu Fall--ing in love If my natural high after visiting Iguazu falls was any indication.. Those negative ions got to me! They say that air around mountains, big ocean waves and waterfalls produce negative ions that 'make you happy' (serotonin is involved so you Posted by elliehirch in Travel, She Wrote | Nov 22, 2016
- Trading mountains for Mendoza & wine!After so many weeks down south in mountains and cool weather.. It was a big change to spend some time in Mendoza! The weather was... A lot warmer. And the wine was plentiful!
I arrived to the city after a Posted by elliehirch in Travel, She Wrote | Nov 21, 2016
- Glacial El Calafate ActivitiesSo.. the bus to El Calafate... Was another stressor. Now the first bus issue with the reciprocity fee was my screw up. I accept that. But this one was not! I couldn't print my bus ticket at the hostel (no Posted by elliehirch in Travel, She Wrote | Nov 20, 2016
- More mountains in El Chaltén I continued my time in Patagonia with a few days over in El Chaltén in Argentina.
So unfortunately I have to start out with another stressful story.. One in which I was somewhat of an idiot and did not realize Posted by elliehirch in Travel, She Wrote | Nov 20, 2016
- MendozaI woke up in good time for breakfast on the bus. Though the buses in Argentina have proven to be more expensive than anywhere else, they also have the most food with the full suppers and breakfasts, and the most Posted by elliehirch in 8 Month Adventure | Nov 13, 2016
- Brief Buenos Aires visitSo I also wasn't ready for my wake up to see that Trump never lost the lead. It was a surreal morning thinking that I was on the other end of the world, where it was warm, springtime, and then Posted by elliehirch in 8 Month Adventure | Nov 13, 2016
- El Calafate So effing Argentinian buses, I tell yah, they hate me. (I know the first one started in Chilé but it was an Argentina border problem so I still blame Argentina). I checked out of Aylen Aike, took my bags and Posted by elliehirch in 8 Month Adventure | Nov 13, 2016
- El Chaltén So the journey to Argentina and El Chalten via El Calafate was by far the most stressful one of the trip. I did not notice until I was 5 mins from the bus station that the ticket said Canadians, Australians Posted by elliehirch in 8 Month Adventure | Nov 13, 2016