- Destination HeathrowDeparture from Buenos Aires was unremarkable although the River Plate FC fans were still celebrating at the airport.
Posted by Purkism in Twoheadfurthersouth | Dec 18, 2014
- Farewell Akedemik Sergey Vavilov Docking at Ushuaia and disembarking was straightforward and by 09.00 it was all over and we were on our way to the airport for our flight back to Buenos Aires. We arrived back in the capital mid afternoon and after Posted by Purkism in Twoheadfurthersouth | Dec 10, 2014
- First Day at SeaSaturday 22nd November, at sea;
Weather bright sunshine, wind F3, seas slight.
Enjoyed getting used to life aboard ship. Saw Southern Giant Petrels and Cape Petrels following ship. Margaret first to see a Southern Royal Albatross. Ray McMahon, the resid Posted by Purkism in Twoheadfurthersouth | Nov 22, 2014
- Depart Ushuaia21st November Friday
Woke up at 6am and saw our ship arriving in Ushuaia. Had a good view East along Beagle Channel from our hotel window. Ian not very well so cancelled our visit to national park. After a restful day Posted by Purkism in Twoheadfurthersouth | Nov 21, 2014
- El Chalten & El Calafate After a fun few days in Bariloche we boarded an overnight bus to El Chalten. Our journey would see us travel along the famous Route 40 which heads south to the bottom of Argentina. The famous road made the news Posted by Ethiopia 2014 in South America | Nov 29, 2014
- UshuaiaThursday 20th November
Arrived in Ushuaia today in rather unexpected sunshine and temperatures 10 C. We took a walk along the harbour and looked at some old wrecks!. We also saw the Falklands war memorial with photos and captions reflecting the Posted by Purkism in Twoheadfurthersouth | Nov 20, 2014
- Buenos AiresWednesday 19th November
After a 13 1/2 hour flight from Heathrow in a packed Boing 777, we arrived at 08.30 local time in Buenos Aires during a torrential rainstorm. Meeting up with most of the party and a half hour bus Posted by Purkism in Twoheadfurthersouth | Nov 20, 2014
- Second crossing of the Andes from Salta to San Pedro 15th November
I thought my first crossing of the Andes was incredible but this second crossing from Salta in Argentina to San Pedro de Acatama in Chile topped it by far. A mixture of multi coloured mountains climbing up followed Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Nov 16, 2014
- Salta and the mummies of sacrified Inca childrenI travelled on a overnight bus and under thunder and lightning which was quite impressive over the Andes. In the bus I meet 2 young Canadian girls who are staying in the same hostel as me.
As it is still Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Nov 16, 2014
- The Moon Valley/ La Vallée de la Lune - 11 November
Another early start for a tour to the Moon Valley with 2 Argentinian girls and our guide Flávio. First stop a place of worship called "La Diffunta". A young woman died of thirst whilst trying to cross the Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Nov 16, 2014
- BarilocheAfter a hectic day in Puerto Madryn we boarded a night bus bound for Barlioche. The town is situated on the shores of Nahuel Huapi lake and is surrounded by mountains and alpine forest. The place has a real German/Austrian Posted by Ethiopia 2014 in South America | Nov 13, 2014
- Buenos Aires and Puerto MadrynAfter visiting Iguasu Falls we boarded a 20 hour bus to Buenos Aires, there we would pick up Brona who is joining us for the Argentina leg of our trip. The bus from Iguasu lived up to our high expectations Posted by Ethiopia 2014 in South America | Nov 12, 2014
- MendozaMendoza is the capital city of Mendoza Province, in Argentina. It is located in the northern-central part of the province, in a region of foothills and high plains, on the eastern side of the Andes. Known mainly for its wine, Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Nov 10, 2014
- Crossing the AndesChile side - 30 hairpin bends
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/680766/AD1 Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Nov 8, 2014
- La Montague Fitz Roy à El Chalten31 Octobre
Le lendemain, je prends le bus pour El Chalten à 220 kms au nord pour aller voir le mont Fitz Roy.
Je prend une journée de repos car mon pied droit me fait une peu mal après hier. Malheureusement l'Internet Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Nov 3, 2014
- El Chalten - Fitz Roy mountain31 October
The next day, I take the bus to El Chalten, 220kms North, to see mount Fitz Roy. I have a rest day as I am pretty tired after yesterday's trek and my foot is hurting a little. Unfortunately the Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Nov 3, 2014
- Marcher sur le glacier Perito MorinoIl neige! Quand je pense qu'il y a guère 3 semaines il faisait 42
Le glacier Perito Moreno est l'un des trois seuls glaciers de Patagonie qui n'est pas en régression. Le front du glacier fait approximativement 5 000 mètres de Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Nov 3, 2014
- Ice trekking on the Perito Morino glacierIt is snowing! Unusual for this of the year I am told.
First a few facts:
The Perito Moreno Glacier is a glacier located in the Los Glaciares National Park in southwest Santa Cruz province, Argentina. It is one of the most Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Nov 3, 2014
- Les baleines à Puerto MadrynJe quitte Buenos Aires aujourd'hui après avoir passé la matinée à écrire mon blog et mettre de l'ordre dans mes photos. Je prends le bus à 18hr qui m'amènera à Puerto Madryn le lendemain à 10.00. Avec tant d'heures je Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Oct 31, 2014
- Puerto Madryn25th October
After catching up with my blog and a bit of forward planning, I catch an executive bus for 19 hours direction Puerto Madryn. I do not skimp on bus travel as it really is not worth it and Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Oct 31, 2014
- La ville de Buenos AiresJ'aterris à Buenos Aires sans problème et après 50 mins d'attente pour prendre mon sac (ça devait être l'heure de la sieste) je monte dans un taxi. L'auberge où j'ai réservé m'a dit que cela devrait coûter de 50 à Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Oct 27, 2014
- Buenos Aires21st October
Uneventful flight (as you want them to be) from Iguacu to BA. I was told by my hostel in BA that the domestic airport is only 5kms from hostel and the taxi should be between AR$50 and AR$80, so Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Oct 27, 2014
- Les chutes d'Iguacu - Côté argentin LEncore une belle journée alors on va faire le côté argentin des chutes.
C'est très differents car on est beaucoup plus près des chuttes. Erica et moi faisons le tour en bateau qui nous emmène complètement sous les chuttes donc nous Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Oct 24, 2014
- Iguacu Falls - Argentinian side20th October
I believe the Argentinian weather forecast as much as I believe the Brazilian bus timetable. We were told today would be 80% chance of rain all day - turned out not a drop and lovely sunshine!
So we're off Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Oct 24, 2014
- Tango, Futbol and Biking in Buenos AiresLeaving Puerto Madryn for Buenos Aires was such a beautiful bus trip. There was one of the most stunning sunsets I´ve seen as the clouds almost met the horizon so the vast, sprawling plains of inland Patagonia were framed by Posted by neerg_08 in Three Amigas in South America | Feb 27, 2014