- Ushuaia and the Beagle ChannelAfter yesterday's turbulent encounter with Cape Horn we sailed serenely into the port of Ushuaia. We had a booked tour this morning and our rendezvous was scheduled for 0730. Everything proceeded so smoothly we were aboard the coach Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Feb 28, 2015
- Cape Horn, Meeting of Three OceansWe woke to find the ship fighting strong winds and currents under an overcast sky. No significant sunrise event and with temperatures around 7°C I didn't spend much time on the open deck. As we had our breakfast Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Feb 28, 2015
- At Sea - Still Heading SouthThe clouds and colours of this morning's sunrise went through a lot of changes over 45 minutes. We're still at sea heading South towards the Falkland Islands. The outside temperature is about 10°C and will get progressively colder over Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Feb 24, 2015
- Sea Day - Heading SouthEarly morning temperatures are markedly cooler as we head ever further towards Antarctica. I captured the sunrise after a less than promising start. I'm still trying to work out why the biggest, blackest and ugliest cloud is always Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Feb 24, 2015
- Buenos Aires, ArgentinaThis morning the ship entered the Rio de la Plata under the guidance of the river pilot. The river is 100 miles wide but there are limited navigable channels. The sunrise was delayed due to an overcast sky. Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Feb 21, 2015
- Second Sea Day to Buenos AiresWith a solid overcast this morning there was no visible sunrise. The ship in off the coast of Argentina heading for Buenos Aires. Temperatures are down and the waves are up but the size of the ship ensures Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Feb 20, 2015
- Sea Day To Buenos AiresWith the clocks set back by an hour, the sunrise this morning was scheduled for 0554. Minutes before the scheduled sunrise the light reflected from the clouds created an amazing golden scene. The ship is heading SouthWest in Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Feb 19, 2015
- Second Day In RioWoke up this morning to another spectacular sunrise. I've been using that word a fair bit lately but there just aren't better words to describe it. There were very few people out on deck this morning. We Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Feb 18, 2015
- Don't cry for me ArgentinaArgentina has been a great start to our South American adventure. In 3 quick weeks we have experienced a variety of cities, climates and people. I'd like to share with you some of our thoughts and observations throughout these 3 Posted by TomAndKat in On The Road Again... | Feb 17, 2015
- Buenos Aires, Argentina - Monday,16 February 2015We slept in this morning after such a late night and full day yesterday as our Culinary Secrets of Argentina walking tour didn't commence until 11.30 am. Our breakfast room has been changed to level one, specifically for Scenic Posted by gaddingabout in Taste of Brazil and Antarctic Adventure | Feb 16, 2015
- Buenos Aires, Argentina - Sunday, 15 February 2015Had a pretty good sleep and woke up before the alarm was due to go off. We have been on tour for a week now - it seems ages since we left home. This beautiful hotel is the Posted by gaddingabout in Taste of Brazil and Antarctic Adventure | Feb 16, 2015
- Argentina: Posadas, Iguazu Falls, Salta and Buenos Aires This is our last blog entry for our Argentina trip.
==Jesuit Missions in Posadas==
We left Mendoza, flew to Buenos Aires and then continued onward to Posadas in northern Argenti Posted by janejoe in Antarctica and Argentina | Feb 14, 2015
- Iguazu Falls to Buenos Aires, Argentina - Sat, 14 Feb 2015Happy Valentine's Day
Left our lovely hotel at Iguazu Falls this morning very early at 7.30 am which by the way, is owned by the Orient Express. We had a big day ahead of us. First port of call Posted by gaddingabout in Taste of Brazil and Antarctic Adventure | Feb 14, 2015
- Final stages of ArgentinaWe eventually arrived in Córdoba (travelling west over Argentina) after a 21 hour journey from Puerto Iguazu. The bus company we used was called PlusUltra, so we were a little apprehesive as it reminded us of "first price" or "nice Posted by TomAndKat in On The Road Again... | Feb 13, 2015
- Puerto IguazuOur first big bus trip was the 18 hour journey from BA to Puerto Iguazu. The bus journey itself was surprisingly decent, the seats were more comfortable than a lot of the couches we've ever sat in and reclined back Posted by TomAndKat in On The Road Again... | Feb 6, 2015
- Argentina: Jesuits of Cordoba, and the Wines of MendozaLeaving the Argentina Patagonia region we moved north into the heartland/center of Argentina. We flew from Puerto Madryn to Buenos Aires, then transferred and continued to Cordoba. After visiting Cordoba we flew to Mendoza.
[map=702714 lat=-32.6792 Posted by janejoe in Antarctica and Argentina | Feb 6, 2015
- WINE WINE & MORE WINE- ARGENTINA STYLEOK this is why I really wanted to come to Argentina. For the wines are super!
This post is only pictures of the our 10 K biking trip around the wine region of Mendoza.
PS. Yes I drank way to Much but Posted by studneski in Studneski Family Adventure 2015 | Feb 3, 2015
- Life in the Desert of ArgentinaThe day after the Gaucho experience we headed inland to the desert to explore. We ended up enjoying a fest of young bar-B-Q goat and learning the ways of the Huarpes Indians. Our host family showed us how to use Posted by studneski in Studneski Family Adventure 2015 | Feb 3, 2015
- Hanging with the Gaucho's in ArgentinaSo we have transitioned into Argentina. The land of Gaucho's and its many diverse landscapes. Since we arrived it has been an action packed adventure. First day in we went straight up into the Andes to learn how to ride Posted by studneski in Studneski Family Adventure 2015 | Feb 3, 2015
- Argentina's Patagonia: Ushuaia, El Calafate, Puerta Madryn
After the end of our cruise to Antarctica we continued our three week tour of Argentina, starting in the region of Patagonia.
Patagonia actually covers the southern areas of both Ar Posted by janejoe in Antarctica and Argentina | Jan 31, 2015
- Buenos Aires - ArgentinaGetting to Buenos Aires was a nearly 30 hour ordeal, with 2 planes, an 11 hour layover and copious amounts of coffee. In all fairness, it was a smooth journey apart from the quite turbulent 14 hour flight, which included Posted by TomAndKat in On The Road Again... | Jan 30, 2015
- Argentina ContinuedFirst morning in Argentina. I love staying in hostels. I love meeting people from all over, I love how easy it can be to socialize (which is saying alot, because I don't like most people), I do NOT Posted by AshleyC in Where in the world is Ashley Churchill? | Dec 13, 2013
- Don't cry for me... well, you get it.So this my second trip to South America, first one being to Peru in 2010. I always make it a point to take a long flight late in the day, so I can arrive first thing in the morning. Posted by AshleyC in Where in the world is Ashley Churchill? | Dec 12, 2013
- Buenos Aires - Argentina
[b]We are off again for 11 days in Antarctica and three weeks in Argentina.
We begin our tour of Argentina in Buenos Aires, the capitol.
After four days of exploring this amazing city, we fly to the very southern tip Posted by janejoe in Antarctica and Argentina | Jan 18, 2015
- My cultural tour of South AmericaBeautiful old complex city,full of history of changing times with government. Posted by JayleenM in My travels with family | Jan 12, 2015