- Day 17 Tues 14th JanThere are not enough superlatives to describe today. We went with our guide Neivas to the Argentine side of the falls. Even though it is one enormous falls it is divided into about 275 separate water falls. We walked along Posted by MareeandIsti in Retired Travellers | Jan 14, 2014
- Day 16 Monday 13th JanArrived at Iguassu after a 2 hour plane trip. After we arrived to our hotel, very nice with swimming pool, spa, massage etc. we had lunch watching some pretty serious torrential rain and walked down the street in this township Posted by MareeandIsti in Retired Travellers | Jan 13, 2014
- Day 14 Sat 11 JanToday we had a free day in Buenos Aires to walk around. First up we went to the Opera House –The Teatro Colon. This was opened in 1908 with no expense spared. It is a lush 7 storey building seating Posted by MareeandIsti in Retired Travellers | Jan 13, 2014
- Day13 Fri 10th JanThis morning we were taken on a private bus tour of Buenos Aires. This is such a cosmopolitan city. You would think that you were in Paris or Rome. It is known as the Paris of the Americas. It is Posted by MareeandIsti in Retired Travellers | Jan 13, 2014
- Day12 Thurs 9th JanSorry folks have not been able to connect to the Internet for some reason so a little behind in the travel info.
We had to leave our hotel in La Paz pretty early to catch a flight to Buenos Aires changing Posted by MareeandIsti in Retired Travellers | Jan 13, 2014
- 38. Gun Zoraki Siesta Ertesi sabah erkenden terminaldeyiz...Ogrendik ki en erken yarin aksam yola cikabilecegiz.
Ilk niyetimiz buradan 24 saatlik otobus Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Jan 9, 2014
- How Traveling Alone Can Create A Better ExperienceBefore I started my journey to Argentina I had many people express their concerns--worried about me traveling alone as a woman, and only knowing basic Spanish.
Oh, and I also got the occasional, ¨It´s a 3rd World Country!¨, which it´s Posted by Laurdatri in Sola Backpacker | Jan 7, 2014
- 36. Gun Buzdagina bakmak..Buzdagi denince, bizim memlekette genelde akla buzdaginin gorunmeyen tarafi gelir... mecburen kurcalar dururuz...
Aklimizda belli belirsiz, belgesellerden kalma bir buzdagi imgesi, zihnimizi Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Jan 7, 2014
- Mighty Magallenes5 am bus out of Ushuaia, but it's light out, the feel is similar to those times when we caught the school bus back in the days. Not only the brightness of an early school day, but also the crowd Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Jan 6, 2014
- Flora + Fauna, Iste Patagonya-1Patagonya'ya gelene kadar dunyanin belli bir cografyasinda bu kadar cesitli -ve cogu zaman bilinmedik! -bitki ve hayvan grubu gorecegimizi bilmiyorduk. Guney Amerika'ya adim atar atmaz, malumunuz renkli tropik bitki ve hayvanlar bizi bizden aldi.
O yuzd Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Jan 3, 2014
- 34. Gun Patagonya Misyonu
Katamaranimiz, Beagle Kanal'da son bir durak daha yaptiktan sonra aynen geri donecek. Biz katamaranla donmek yerine daglardan otobus yolculuguyla donmeyi tercih ettigimiz icin Harberton Cifligi (Estancia Harberton) adli bu durakta inmeyi seciyoruz. Cifl Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Jan 1, 2014
- 33. Gun Haydi Penguenleri gormeye !!!
Insan, "penguen gormeye gidiyoruz" denilince ayri bir heveskleniyor..
Memleketin tv kanallarina guven o kadar dustu ki acaba penguenleri gosterirken bizi kandirmis olabilirler mi diye ayri bir heyecan duyuyor.
Adini bir turlu telafuz edemedigim guney Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Jan 1, 2014
- Day 31-32 It's the end of the World, as we know it
When we decided to head out to South America, we never really meant to travel thru Patagonia because it seemed to be a big detour from our initial route to cover the middle parts of the contin Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Dec 30, 2013
- The Perito Moreno glacier[float=left][/float]
[b]Merry Christmas everyone!
I know I know I am now quite late behind with the blog... Posted by manolo84 in Around The World in 370 days | Dec 24, 2013
- 2012 A4 STAR PRINCESS - BUENOS AIRES ==YES - ANOTHER HACIENDA - ARGENTINA STYLE THIS TIME..==
WE ARE GREETED AT THE GATE BY THE DANCERS & I PROMPTLY LOSE THE GUIDE. NOT THAT I AM BOTHERED TOO MUCH. I WILL JUST WANDER AROUND ON MY OWN & HOPE Posted by hasbeen in MOSTLY CRUISING | Dec 28, 2012
- Day 24-25 "Good Airs"
Upon arrival to Buenos Aires, we saw a bunch of very familiar looking unfamiliar faces, whose Mediterranean features are unique on this continent, whose European attitudes make them, well, ver Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Dec 22, 2013
- Day 23 Semi Cama on Ruta Nacional 14We set out on the overnight "semi cama" (semi-bed seat) bus from Puerto Iguazu to Buenos Aires at 19:00 with the intention to get there by lunch time the next day. Overnight buses in South America are the means to Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Dec 22, 2013
- From Salta to Bariloche[float=right][/float]
After San Pedro de Atacama I decided to cross straight away the border to end up in Argentina, in Salta more precisely. Salta is one of the biggest towns in the north of Posted by manolo84 in Around The World in 370 days | Dec 17, 2013
- 21. ve 22. gunler: Tek Park,Ortak Sinir: Iki farkli yaklasimIguazu Dogal Parki'nin Brezilya ile Arjantin'in sinirinda oldugunu belirtmistik. Durum boyle olunca her iki ulke de kendi parkini kuruyor ve isletiyor.
Gunesli bir gunde ilk heves keyif ve heyecanla gezip detayli anlattigimiz Brezilya deneyimi ertesi, b Posted by ayca ozer in SiestaFiesta | Dec 12, 2013
- Buenos Aires We finally Escaped posadas(!!) and took an overnight bus for 15 hours to Buenos Aires. The buses have seats that almost lie flat, and dinner and breakfast were served to our seats (the most random combination of food - cannelloni, Posted by Dave and P in Our South American Adventure | Nov 12, 2013
- End of the World, Beginning of AdventureToday had us more tired than any jet lag could cause. Our wakeup call was at 3:45 a.m. so we could eat breakfast and get on the bus by 5:00 a.m. The bus took us to the smaller Buenos Aires Posted by jeburns55 in Antarctica 2007: End of the Earth Tour | Nov 8, 2013
- Head 'em Up, Move 'em Out: Beyond Buenos Aires
Our guide Susanna rounded up about 50 of our group this morning at 9 a.m. and herded us onto a bus for a long ride out of town. We headed into the pampas ("plains") about 146 km (79 miles) Posted by jeburns55 in Antarctica 2007: End of the Earth Tour | Nov 7, 2013
- Let's Tango!Another day with no "down time." We were up and out after breakfast to head to the Tigre delta, just north of Buenos Aires. Our bus left at the height of morning rush hour, so the 18 mile drive took Posted by jeburns55 in Antarctica 2007: End of the Earth Tour | Nov 7, 2013
- New Hotel, Same CityThis morning, we packed our bags, at breakfast, and checked out of the Holiday Inn Express. A short taxi ride delivered us to the Hotel Emperador where we could meet with our Vantage Tour group. Since we arrived at 8:00 Posted by jeburns55 in Antarctica 2007: End of the Earth Tour | Nov 7, 2013
- A Quiet Sunday in the Southern HemisphereSunday is a day of rest — unless you are John and Susie on vacation. We were up before 7 a.m. (Why? We could have slept until 9:00...)
Breakfast is part of the deal here, and it was good: 0J, coffee, Posted by jeburns55 in Antarctica 2007: End of the Earth Tour | Nov 7, 2013