- Life in the Desert of ArgentinaThe day after the Gaucho experience we headed inland to the desert to explore. We ended up enjoying a fest of young bar-B-Q goat and learning the ways of the Huarpes Indians. Our host family showed us how to use Posted by studneski in Studneski Family Adventure 2015 | Feb 3, 2015
- Hanging with the Gaucho's in ArgentinaSo we have transitioned into Argentina. The land of Gaucho's and its many diverse landscapes. Since we arrived it has been an action packed adventure. First day in we went straight up into the Andes to learn how to ride Posted by studneski in Studneski Family Adventure 2015 | Feb 3, 2015
- Argentina's Patagonia: Ushuaia, El Calafate, Puerta Madryn
After the end of our cruise to Antarctica we continued our three week tour of Argentina, starting in the region of Patagonia.
Patagonia actually covers the southern areas of both Ar Posted by janejoe in Antarctica and Argentina | Jan 31, 2015
- Buenos Aires - ArgentinaGetting to Buenos Aires was a nearly 30 hour ordeal, with 2 planes, an 11 hour layover and copious amounts of coffee. In all fairness, it was a smooth journey apart from the quite turbulent 14 hour flight, which included Posted by TomAndKat in On The Road Again... | Jan 30, 2015
- Argentina ContinuedFirst morning in Argentina. I love staying in hostels. I love meeting people from all over, I love how easy it can be to socialize (which is saying alot, because I don't like most people), I do NOT Posted by AshleyC in Where in the world is Ashley Churchill? | Dec 13, 2013
- Don't cry for me... well, you get it.So this my second trip to South America, first one being to Peru in 2010. I always make it a point to take a long flight late in the day, so I can arrive first thing in the morning. Posted by AshleyC in Where in the world is Ashley Churchill? | Dec 12, 2013
- Buenos Aires - Argentina
[b]We are off again for 11 days in Antarctica and three weeks in Argentina.
We begin our tour of Argentina in Buenos Aires, the capitol.
After four days of exploring this amazing city, we fly to the very southern tip Posted by janejoe in Antarctica and Argentina | Jan 18, 2015
- My cultural tour of South AmericaBeautiful old complex city,full of history of changing times with government. Posted by JayleenM in My travels with family | Jan 12, 2015
- Back to Buenos AiresWe spent a relaxing few days enjoying the sunshine in Buenos Aires before heading back to Ireland. It seemed like a much nicer city in the sun than in the pouring rain. We took a walking tour of the centre Posted by Ethiopia 2014 in South America | Dec 22, 2014
- Ushuaia After spending an afternoon in Puerto Natales eating and returning camping equipment we boarded our last bus. We were told our journey to Ushuaia could take anywhere between 12 to 15 hours. This was mainly due to the fact that Posted by Ethiopia 2014 in South America | Dec 22, 2014
- Destination HeathrowDeparture from Buenos Aires was unremarkable although the River Plate FC fans were still celebrating at the airport.
Posted by Purkism in Twoheadfurthersouth | Dec 18, 2014
- Farewell Akedemik Sergey Vavilov Docking at Ushuaia and disembarking was straightforward and by 09.00 it was all over and we were on our way to the airport for our flight back to Buenos Aires. We arrived back in the capital mid afternoon and after Posted by Purkism in Twoheadfurthersouth | Dec 10, 2014
- First Day at SeaSaturday 22nd November, at sea;
Weather bright sunshine, wind F3, seas slight.
Enjoyed getting used to life aboard ship. Saw Southern Giant Petrels and Cape Petrels following ship. Margaret first to see a Southern Royal Albatross. Ray McMahon, the resid Posted by Purkism in Twoheadfurthersouth | Nov 22, 2014
- Depart Ushuaia21st November Friday
Woke up at 6am and saw our ship arriving in Ushuaia. Had a good view East along Beagle Channel from our hotel window. Ian not very well so cancelled our visit to national park. After a restful day Posted by Purkism in Twoheadfurthersouth | Nov 21, 2014
- El Chalten & El Calafate After a fun few days in Bariloche we boarded an overnight bus to El Chalten. Our journey would see us travel along the famous Route 40 which heads south to the bottom of Argentina. The famous road made the news Posted by Ethiopia 2014 in South America | Nov 29, 2014
- UshuaiaThursday 20th November
Arrived in Ushuaia today in rather unexpected sunshine and temperatures 10 C. We took a walk along the harbour and looked at some old wrecks!. We also saw the Falklands war memorial with photos and captions reflecting the Posted by Purkism in Twoheadfurthersouth | Nov 20, 2014
- Buenos AiresWednesday 19th November
After a 13 1/2 hour flight from Heathrow in a packed Boing 777, we arrived at 08.30 local time in Buenos Aires during a torrential rainstorm. Meeting up with most of the party and a half hour bus Posted by Purkism in Twoheadfurthersouth | Nov 20, 2014
- Second crossing of the Andes from Salta to San Pedro 15th November
I thought my first crossing of the Andes was incredible but this second crossing from Salta in Argentina to San Pedro de Acatama in Chile topped it by far. A mixture of multi coloured mountains climbing up followed Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Nov 16, 2014
- Salta and the mummies of sacrified Inca childrenI travelled on a overnight bus and under thunder and lightning which was quite impressive over the Andes. In the bus I meet 2 young Canadian girls who are staying in the same hostel as me.
As it is still Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Nov 16, 2014
- The Moon Valley/ La Vallée de la Lune - 11 November
Another early start for a tour to the Moon Valley with 2 Argentinian girls and our guide Flávio. First stop a place of worship called "La Diffunta". A young woman died of thirst whilst trying to cross the Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Nov 16, 2014
- BarilocheAfter a hectic day in Puerto Madryn we boarded a night bus bound for Barlioche. The town is situated on the shores of Nahuel Huapi lake and is surrounded by mountains and alpine forest. The place has a real German/Austrian Posted by Ethiopia 2014 in South America | Nov 13, 2014
- Buenos Aires and Puerto MadrynAfter visiting Iguasu Falls we boarded a 20 hour bus to Buenos Aires, there we would pick up Brona who is joining us for the Argentina leg of our trip. The bus from Iguasu lived up to our high expectations Posted by Ethiopia 2014 in South America | Nov 12, 2014
- MendozaMendoza is the capital city of Mendoza Province, in Argentina. It is located in the northern-central part of the province, in a region of foothills and high plains, on the eastern side of the Andes. Known mainly for its wine, Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Nov 10, 2014
- Crossing the AndesChile side - 30 hairpin bends
[img=http://photos.travellerspoint.com/680766/AD1 Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Nov 8, 2014
- La Montague Fitz Roy à El Chalten31 Octobre
Le lendemain, je prends le bus pour El Chalten à 220 kms au nord pour aller voir le mont Fitz Roy.
Je prend une journée de repos car mon pied droit me fait une peu mal après hier. Malheureusement l'Internet Posted by Lifeis4living in 6 months in South and Central America | Nov 3, 2014