- The Patagonian Fjords - Monday, 2 March 2015Slept fantastically last night and didn't feel any of the rough bits.
Awoke to a nice sunny day but that changed dramatically and now it's foggy, raining and blowing a gale. It's just as well we are spending all day on Posted by gaddingabout in Chilean Fjords Luxury Expedition Cruise | Mar 18, 2015
- The Patagonian Fjords - Sunday, 1 March 2015We ordered breakfast for 6.00 am as we were boarding the zodiac at 8.00 am for our close up viewing of the Garibaldi Glacier.
At 7.30 am we were anchored in front of the Garibaldi Glacier. And at 8.00am we were Posted by gaddingabout in Chilean Fjords Luxury Expedition Cruise | Mar 18, 2015
- Cape Horn & the Beagle Channel - Saturday, 28 February 2015[center][/center]
Position - 55°54.41'S
Sunrise - 6.47 am
Sunset - 8.24 pm
Big surprise today. This morning when we woke up we were anchored in front of Cape Horn. Cape Horn is on the southern tip of the American contine Posted by gaddingabout in Chilean Fjords Luxury Expedition Cruise | Mar 18, 2015
- Ushuaia - Friday, 27 February 2015Had a great sleep and woke up early as we wanted to have breakfast and be dressed and ready to say goodbye to our "white group".
We looked out our window this morning and sometime during the night this great monster Posted by gaddingabout in Taste of Brazil and Antarctic Adventure | Mar 15, 2015
- Cruising the Drake Passage - Thursday, 19 February 2015Had a fabulous sleep last night and woke up just in time for our breakfast to be delivered. We are both feeling a lot better today.
We all congregated at 9.30 am for a briefing on Antarctica about what to wear Posted by gaddingabout in Taste of Brazil and Antarctic Adventure | Mar 15, 2015
- Cruising the Drake Passage - Wednesday, 18 February 2015We had a good night's sleep and awoke to quite a swell, about 4 to 5 metres. I have put my motion sickness wrist bands on, have a patch behind my ear and have taken a sea sick pill given Posted by gaddingabout in Taste of Brazil and Antarctic Adventure | Mar 12, 2015
- Buenos Aires to Ushuaia, Argentina - Tuesday, 17 Feb 2015We were in bed by 9.30 pm last night, with the alarm set for 4.00 am. I woke at about 3.30 am and dozed until the alarm went off. We went down for breakfast at 4.40 am and shared it Posted by gaddingabout in Taste of Brazil and Antarctic Adventure | Mar 12, 2015
- Wandering DaughterThis is a slight cheat with both my title and subheading being songs, but I couldn't quite bring myself to have Ice Ice Baby as the song represented by this blog, plus it doesn't quite account for the whole period Posted by SpannaB in Around the world in 80 songs | Mar 3, 2015
- Ushuaia and the Beagle ChannelAfter yesterday's turbulent encounter with Cape Horn we sailed serenely into the port of Ushuaia. We had a booked tour this morning and our rendezvous was scheduled for 0730. Everything proceeded so smoothly we were aboard the coach Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Feb 28, 2015
- Cape Horn, Meeting of Three OceansWe woke to find the ship fighting strong winds and currents under an overcast sky. No significant sunrise event and with temperatures around 7°C I didn't spend much time on the open deck. As we had our breakfast Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Feb 28, 2015
- At Sea - Still Heading SouthThe clouds and colours of this morning's sunrise went through a lot of changes over 45 minutes. We're still at sea heading South towards the Falkland Islands. The outside temperature is about 10°C and will get progressively colder over Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Feb 24, 2015
- Sea Day - Heading SouthEarly morning temperatures are markedly cooler as we head ever further towards Antarctica. I captured the sunrise after a less than promising start. I'm still trying to work out why the biggest, blackest and ugliest cloud is always Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Feb 24, 2015
- Buenos Aires, ArgentinaThis morning the ship entered the Rio de la Plata under the guidance of the river pilot. The river is 100 miles wide but there are limited navigable channels. The sunrise was delayed due to an overcast sky. Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Feb 21, 2015
- Second Sea Day to Buenos AiresWith a solid overcast this morning there was no visible sunrise. The ship in off the coast of Argentina heading for Buenos Aires. Temperatures are down and the waves are up but the size of the ship ensures Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Feb 20, 2015
- Sea Day To Buenos AiresWith the clocks set back by an hour, the sunrise this morning was scheduled for 0554. Minutes before the scheduled sunrise the light reflected from the clouds created an amazing golden scene. The ship is heading SouthWest in Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Feb 19, 2015
- Second Day In RioWoke up this morning to another spectacular sunrise. I've been using that word a fair bit lately but there just aren't better words to describe it. There were very few people out on deck this morning. We Posted by greynomadm in 2015-01 Ruby Princess | Feb 18, 2015
- Don't cry for me ArgentinaArgentina has been a great start to our South American adventure. In 3 quick weeks we have experienced a variety of cities, climates and people. I'd like to share with you some of our thoughts and observations throughout these 3 Posted by TomAndKat in On The Road Again... | Feb 17, 2015
- Buenos Aires, Argentina - Monday,16 February 2015We slept in this morning after such a late night and full day yesterday as our Culinary Secrets of Argentina walking tour didn't commence until 11.30 am. Our breakfast room has been changed to level one, specifically for Scenic Posted by gaddingabout in Taste of Brazil and Antarctic Adventure | Feb 16, 2015
- Buenos Aires, Argentina - Sunday, 15 February 2015Had a pretty good sleep and woke up before the alarm was due to go off. We have been on tour for a week now - it seems ages since we left home. This beautiful hotel is the Posted by gaddingabout in Taste of Brazil and Antarctic Adventure | Feb 16, 2015
- Argentina: Posadas, Iguazu Falls, Salta and Buenos Aires This is our last blog entry for our Argentina trip.
==Jesuit Missions in Posadas==
We left Mendoza, flew to Buenos Aires and then continued onward to Posadas in northern Argenti Posted by janejoe in Antarctica and Argentina | Feb 14, 2015
- Iguazu Falls to Buenos Aires, Argentina - Sat, 14 Feb 2015Happy Valentine's Day
Left our lovely hotel at Iguazu Falls this morning very early at 7.30 am which by the way, is owned by the Orient Express. We had a big day ahead of us. First port of call Posted by gaddingabout in Taste of Brazil and Antarctic Adventure | Feb 14, 2015
- Final stages of ArgentinaWe eventually arrived in Córdoba (travelling west over Argentina) after a 21 hour journey from Puerto Iguazu. The bus company we used was called PlusUltra, so we were a little apprehesive as it reminded us of "first price" or "nice Posted by TomAndKat in On The Road Again... | Feb 13, 2015
- Puerto IguazuOur first big bus trip was the 18 hour journey from BA to Puerto Iguazu. The bus journey itself was surprisingly decent, the seats were more comfortable than a lot of the couches we've ever sat in and reclined back Posted by TomAndKat in On The Road Again... | Feb 6, 2015
- Argentina: Jesuits of Cordoba, and the Wines of MendozaLeaving the Argentina Patagonia region we moved north into the heartland/center of Argentina. We flew from Puerto Madryn to Buenos Aires, then transferred and continued to Cordoba. After visiting Cordoba we flew to Mendoza.
[map=702714 lat=-32.6792 Posted by janejoe in Antarctica and Argentina | Feb 6, 2015
- WINE WINE & MORE WINE- ARGENTINA STYLEOK this is why I really wanted to come to Argentina. For the wines are super!
This post is only pictures of the our 10 K biking trip around the wine region of Mendoza.
PS. Yes I drank way to Much but Posted by studneski in Studneski Family Adventure 2015 | Feb 3, 2015