- is that rain or waterfall?Hi all.
When last we spoke I think we were being traumatised by a mosquito!? We survived our 9 hour express journey to Foz do Iguazu. Apart from it took 13 hours because mostly they lie about the time and because Posted by howards1985 in Sweatnerds | Jul 22, 2013
- Day 43 Tupiza Triathalon
Best free breakfast of the trip-definitely worth the £7 pp to stay in a hotel!
Joined 8 other people on the previously mentioned Tupiza Triathlon, advertised as a jeep ride to see some of the local rocky landscape, a horse ride Posted by Cacazo in Elective in South America 2013 | Jun 27, 2013
- Day 42 Crossing to BoliviaBoarded our final Argentine coach and headed North through some rather barren looking land now and then passing through forlorn towns until we reached La Quiaca. It's a pretty miserable place and quite different to the bustling market stalls Posted by Cacazo in Elective in South America 2013 | Jun 27, 2013
- Day 41Swimming in Grease
We set out early to Purmamarca a small village a little south of Tilcara where the renowned 7 coloured hills are. This was done almost sceptically as the whole area boasts hills and mountains of different colours. However it proved Posted by Cacazo in Elective in South America 2013 | Jun 27, 2013
- Day 39 Welcome to the DesertToday we took a 3 hour bus to a town called tilcara about 3 hours north of Salta, and about ?2500m altitude. We had to wake up the guy behind reception to phone a taxi for us as he was Posted by Cacazo in Elective in South America 2013 | Jun 21, 2013
- Day 38 Cable cars and HumitasAfter a lie in and breakfast we decided to walk up one of the hills overlooking Salta today. It was much warmer than we'd thought, and the hill seemed to go on forever! We reached the top and had lunch, Posted by Cacazo in Elective in South America 2013 | Jun 21, 2013
- Asado of Argentina I want to talk about my favorite or most memorable meals from South America.
Before my travels, I had no sense of the diversity of the Latin American countries, in terms of culture, language, and food. I want to start Posted by cazvan in No Parking | Jun 20, 2013
- trip in Argentina After having a great time Brazil with the people am now in Argentina. Argentina is a very beauitful place it is the eight largest country in world. Argentina has some of the world tallest mountain, impressive waterfalls.The country Posted by dana2004 in My Dream Trip around the World | Jun 17, 2013
- Journey 2We arrived at Salta by midday, somehow there were no taxi at the airport and I was so stupid to spend all my coins the day before so we couldn't take the bus. Lucky the girl from the tourism booth Posted by bubbles89 in Por fin lleguaste | Jun 13, 2013
- MendozaMendoza is the Malbec capital of the world. Once settled into our hostel we headed out on a mini-van wine tour. The vineyards and wineries are scattered around Mendoza with the most accessible ones being in the suburbs of Maipu, Posted by awowchuk in Brazil to Belize and adventure inbetween | Jun 12, 2013
- Journey 1So here we are finally in Iguazu after an 18h bus drive from Buenos Aires, I am not complain about th timing, I slept most of the trip get some rest, the cama seat are pretty good and the service Posted by bubbles89 in Por fin lleguaste | Jun 12, 2013
- BarilocheWe had a pleasant enough overnight bus ride through to Bariloche from Puerto Madryn, but arrived into Bariloche in the pouring rain. We had hoped to do some hikes and see what is meant to be some beautiful mountain scenery Posted by awowchuk in Brazil to Belize and adventure inbetween | Jun 12, 2013
- Ruta 3 Our trip did not end at the end of the road, we now had to make our way back up to Buenos Aires (3000 km north), and catch our flight home in Posted by SusieMiller in Head South | Jun 11, 2013
- Buenos Aires, Argentina The flight from Bogota, Colombia to Buenos Aires, Argentina was smooth and went by quickly which was good for this long flight of 6 hours and 25 minutes coating $632. I departed from Posted by mromeiro96 in My Dream Trip Around The World | Jun 9, 2013
- Day 37 - Estancia Sayta!Wow, what an incredible day!! Picked up at the hostel at 9 and taken an hour South to a traditional Argentinian Gaucho ranch (estancia) where we were met by Enrique (who owns the ranch), Saskia (a 30 year old Belgian Posted by Cacazo in Elective in South America 2013 | Jun 7, 2013
- Day 36 SaltaSo finally end of another crazy bus journey-great relief to know we don't have to do that for another few days. As soon as we got to the hostel Carys and Caitlin headed to bed for as few hours. Posted by Cacazo in Elective in South America 2013 | Jun 6, 2013
- Day 20 Past tenseZoe- spent the morning in outpatients, it's probably really interesting but after the first patient no-one even tried to explain to me what was going on in Spanish so I think I know roughly what was wrong with each patient, Posted by Cacazo in Elective in South America 2013 | May 21, 2013
- Day 29 - beauty and culture :)First day of our holiday!!! So naturally we were up at 7.45 for our day out in Tigre :) after realising Tom's instructions on getting the bus weren't quite accurate we gave up and got the train. Tigre is an Posted by Cacazo in Elective in South America 2013 | May 30, 2013
- Puerto MadrynOur flight from El Calafate took off at its newly scheduled time and as it did on the way down began its hops back up the coast. 40mins later we arrived at the first stop. After about 20mins of faffing Posted by awowchuk in Brazil to Belize and adventure inbetween | Jun 8, 2013
- Day 35 Friendly CorrientesPrompt start to the day as we got off the bus at 6.30, slightly dishevelled and bleary eyed.
As soon as it was light we headed into town and started with a walk along the beautiful Costañera- the promenade Posted by Cacazo in Elective in South America 2013 | Jun 6, 2013
- Day 34 Carys es enfermoTrue chill out day, packed and ready for our bus journeys. Unfortunately Carys weoke up feeling rather achy which then progressed to her really not being very well at all, grey is not a normal description of complexion. Posted by Cacazo in Elective in South America 2013 | Jun 4, 2013
- Day 33 Argentinian fallsSuch an incredible day, I don't think words can really do these justice, the views just seemed to get better and better. Initially we walked down the Gargantum del Diablo and stood looking over the top of the falls where Posted by Cacazo in Elective in South America 2013 | Jun 3, 2013
- Day 32 BrazilAmazing day! We spent the morning in the Brazilian Iguassu National Park walking into other spray of these incredible waterfalls and taking lots of beautiful photographs.....
We then took the free (as Carys wants to point out) 'panoramic elevator' for Posted by Cacazo in Elective in South America 2013 | Jun 2, 2013
- El CalafateThe next morning we had to get up very early to make our flight. We knew when we'd booked our flight down to El Calafate, in the South of Patagonia, that we were flying with the old military airline because Posted by awowchuk in Brazil to Belize and adventure inbetween | Jun 4, 2013
- Day 30 Caitlin arrives!Ok so we may have missed that the girl standing at the desk was Caitlin until she turned around spoke to us but it's only because we weren't expecting to see her just then!
What we'd planned to be Posted by Cacazo in Elective in South America 2013 | May 31, 2013